Manager on transfer targets for January

Only issue is the last part, inferring project players for the future being the targets.

The midfield needs addressed badly. Should be doing our utmost to improve it

I get everyone dislikes it, but that's what our entire trading model hinges on. Signing young players, developing them and then selling them on for a profit. The club is going to want to replicate the recent success they've had with Aribo and Bassey.

Agree totally that the midfield needs addressed.

Arfield back are a bit tricky we need them for home growth players unless we sign players that have played in scottish league trained clubs we are stuck.

It why doig, feguson etc were the better prospects in a way.

It's a tough balancing act for the euro squad
Arfield and Jack are far from tricky, it's an easy decision actually, Thanks for your service lads best of luck in the future always welcome back.

Kamara and Kent, that's who I reckon it's aimed at.

I have reservations about Beale. But one thing I don't think he is is a mug. I think he will be ruthless.

I'm here for it.

Seems to be a fairly commonly held opinion this squad needs aired out.

Here's hoping we signs in January Beale gets it and isn't for tolerating anything less than full commitment.
Sure I read another thread on here last night with Beale quoted and talking highly of Kamara and using him the way he was previously used under SG when he was actually playing well and 10 million quoted transfer fee was believable, poor performances under Gio and less game time has probably seen that market value plummet, also I believe it looked like Gio or Wilson was trying to shift him out the door last minute to Nice for a fee and possibly moved for Raskin as a replacement, all that may have affected Kamara's mentality at the time, but that's just my opinion.

I hope come the summer we have waved goodbye to McGregor, Helander, Jack (not played 25 games a season since 19/20) Davis, Arfield, Morelos and Kent - unless something drastically changes with the latter two. But when does Morelos let us down, again. He’s had too many changes and still continues to let us down. He’s barely kicked a ball in 6 months of football and his fitness and condition is appalling.

This squad needs ripped up, its needs an overhaul, freshness added, a new identity. The same offenders cannot let another manager down.

I hope come the summer we have waved goodbye to McGregor, Helander, Jack (not played 25 games a season since 19/20) Davis, Arfield, Morelos and Kent - unless something drastically changes with the latter two. But when does Morelos let us down, again. He’s had too many changes and still continues to let us down. He’s barely kicked a ball in 6 months of football and his fitness and condition is appalling.

This squad needs ripped up, its needs an overhaul, freshness added, a new identity. The same offenders cannot let another manager down.

Completely agree, although Kent probably has 6 months under Beale to earn a new contract rather than be offered one.

If he fails to sign and thinks the grass is greener then, it's career suicide IMO. He'll never be at a bigger club than he is right now.

Completely agree, although Kent probably has 6 months under Beale to earn a new contract rather than be offered one.

If he fails to sign and thinks the grass is greener then, it's career suicide IMO. He'll never be at a bigger club than he is right now.

I don’t think attitude, fitness, hunger and desire has ever been a problem with Kent. Unlike others. He is always trying just far too inconsistent and his end product severely lacking. Maybe he wants a change. We’ll soon find out?

I think when he says ‘we recruited’ he means the collective ‘we’, as in the club. He mentioned stuff ‘we’ dis last season for example.

For that reason, I think its the matondo’s of the squad he is referring to. Wouldn’t be surprised if he is loaned or sold in January.

One can hope

I can see a few Aribo, Bassey type signings under Beale and it's the right thing to do.
I wonder if the Brazilian market will open up to us, I'm thinking emerging talents obviously.
The Aribo / Bassey / Kamara type signing is the route we should have continued to follow.
The fact we abandoned this after Gerrard / Beale departed to me shows how poor a job Ross Wilson is doing.
I also thought Beale’s connections to the London youth football scene played a huge role in identifying these players.

I think when he says ‘we recruited’ he means the collective ‘we’, as in the club. He mentioned stuff ‘we’ dis last season for example.

For that reason, I think its the matondo’s of the squad he is referring to. Wouldn’t be surprised if he is loaned or sold in January.

One can hope

Matondo looks clueless at times when the new coaching staff are explaining drills to him in training.

After 55 a lot of them clearly thought it was job done, instead of refreshing and building from a position of strength we stagnated and ultimately regressed. Instead of a refresh we now need a complete overhall which takes time we don`t have and large amounts of cash which in all honesty nobody knows where it will come from as sellable assets are at a minimum.

That's my interpretation, too.

We can only speculate who he might have in mind when casting doubt on commitment. Beale clearly knows, though, and I expect him to have a ruthless streak with any imposter. His success as Rangers manager in no small measure depends on it.

We have a massive rebuild on the horizon.

I’ll be absolutely fucking scunnered if we see Davis Arfield Jack in Europe next year again in midfield

We badly need to cut the cord on a lot.
If all three of those are still at the club next season I suspect it would mean minimal budget for upgrade and I’d fear for our league chances.

As I suspected, he's already managing expectations of any major spending. The next phase will be the revelation that underprforming players have looked great in training, therefore negating the need to invest in new players.

I'm not suggesting there is any alternative but it's a bit depressing nonetheless.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Matondo is one of them. He showed flashes in the early games that made me think if he got a run he would fill the problem position. Last few games he has played I think he lost possession with every touch.

Seen a training clip of Matondo and Beale having an open discussion about a training drill. Matondo said "that's what I'm asking" & Beale explained again. Sounded like the kids got some attitude about him which either needs kicked into touch asap or shown the door.

Seen a training clip of Matondo and Beale having an open discussion about a training drill. Matondo said "that's what I'm asking" & Beale explained again. Sounded like the kids got some attitude about him which either needs kicked into touch asap or shown the door.

First time he’s asked any questions of anyone on the park all season.

Beale has turned down an EPL job and come to a team 9 points behind in a two horse race.

His reputation could take a massive hammering here so he’s not going suffer fools or put up with anyone not all in. He can’t afford to, and neither can the club

His rep has already taken a battering down south. Journos and pundits down there calling him out for the way he went about leaving QPR and joining us. He's going to have to do a very good job to gain any sort of praise from the English press.

Have you watched him play?

He has the swagger of a world cup winner, not a 20 year old trying to make it. IMO he thinks he's above us, thats just my opinion and not factual.
I think that's just his style and the way he plays. I don't think it's an act or he thinks he's above us.

Think he has had it too easy , lots of big clubs but nothing much delivered. He should be destroying SPL full backs on pace alone.

His rep has already taken a battering down south. Journos and pundits down there calling him out for the way he went about leaving QPR and joining us. He's going to have to do a very good job to gain any sort of praise from the English press.
The English simply cant accept anyone leaving their leagues

The English simply cant accept anyone leaving their leagues

That and he gave them a pretty big stick to beat him with, the publicity after he knocked back Wolves made it almost impossible for him to walk away in a dignified way. I get why he took the job here, but to an outsider it looks dire and deeply hypocritical.

I can see a few Aribo, Bassey type signings under Beale and it's the right thing to do.
I wonder if the Brazilian market will open up to us, I'm thinking emerging talents obviously.
Brazilian market??

The would look great in August and September. Would the cope with February in Dingwall?

Good to see Matondo is the new target because he asked a question about a drill in training.

Was just about to post the same, he's being pilloried because he asked his boss a question. Apparently he's an arrogant prick who needs 'kicked into touch' for it. Lunacy.

This is why 'clean slates' don't exist in football and even if he turns his career around at Ibrox, certain people will wait for a dip in form to batter into him again.

Could maybe see a loan move for cameron archer at villa, think he would do well off the right, more of a cf though, had a good 2nd half of last season at preston (they are probably favourite to have him on loan) gerrard decided to keep him at the club but he hasnt really played much apart from 5 or 10 minutes from the bench.

Was just about to post the same, he's being pilloried because he asked his boss a question. Apparently he's an arrogant prick who needs 'kicked into touch' for it. Lunacy.

This is why 'clean slates' don't exist in football and even if he turns his career around at Ibrox, certain people will wait for a dip in form to batter into him again.
Yeah look at Barisic, took a while to get going at first when he signed and a lot of fans just won’t forget this, even after his performances when we won the league and our European games. As soon as he has a few bad performances it’s the “heart of a mouse” chat again and we need to get rid.

We have a massive rebuild on the horizon.

I’ll be absolutely fucking scunnered if we see Davis Arfield Jack in Europe next year again in midfield

We badly need to cut the cord on a lot.
I agree but the next 6 months will tell us a lot. Bassey’s rise really took me by surprise. It would be great if McCann/ Lowry could step up. That would make a rebuild slightly easier.

Also a new system/ manager might bring out more in players, some might turn good

That being said, we still need to sign minimum 3/4 in Summer.

Not so keen on the Brazilian market myself, may not be suited to our game, climate culture music haircuts food

Back