Manager on transfer targets for January

I'm not sure he can deal with the physicality up here at all.

I never understood shelling out over 4 million on a player like him in the first place which took up approximately a quarter of our summer spending, and ultimately left ourselves short in other areas of the squad.
He would have been perfect as a loan with thr option to buy. Of course Liverpool might not have wanted that.

Its a lot of money for us.

If we want more from Kent,play him on the right.His superior left foot is wasted on the left imo.I want to see him cutting in from the right and letting fly with that left,rather than the usual dead end play on the left.
Worth a try anyway.

I really hope this is the start of something special under Beale. I honestly dont believe he is the type to walk out in the club unless it was really an offer he could not refuse.

You can tell his feelings for the club are 100 percent genuine and I think he will work tirelessly to get us back on top of those lot across the city, aswell as trying to compete in Europe in the way we did prior Seville.

It’s amazing how many people do not understand what they watch every week.

“Doesn’t press” hahahaa
It's just a general observation of him especially in the CL games and also the game at Parkhead in September it's very noticeable that he is lazy and his work rate is questionable all about opinions I suppose.

My only concern about Beales appointment was that he would blindly stick to ‘his boys’ and we would not refresh and move on.
It certainly looks like that won’t be the case.

Optimism……….is that you?

Is the Brazilian market not difficult due to work permits, could be totally wrong as this is purely just based off playing football manager :))
It used to be but since brexit it's actually gotten easier for us to sign players from the likes of South America or Asia. Before we would have had to demonstrate that the player is or is due to be involved in so many percent of their national team games but now we just have to demonstrate that the player will have a full time job for the set time of their visa. Will be interesting with beales contacts in Brazil we might see 1 or 2 winderkids come in. The problem why we haven't before now is because it's a whole new region to the club. We've no idea how young players would adapt singing for the Scottish league plus the costs associated with setting up a scouting network over there. We might get real lucky with the Sao Paolo gaffer being manager of them again as when beale was there an we could see him selling or loaning to us

Worth remembering that under the previous management team he was shoved in a position that he never played in numerous times. USG & PSV away, Celtic away, Liverpool away which.

Given the rest of our attacking players were regularly awful under Gio, maybe see how a different management team gets the best out of him before we decide whether to sign him?
Well that will obviously be the case and if he has a change in attitude under the new manager and applies himself to the best of his ability then I have no doubts he will be a great player for us but if he continues to show a lack of effort then beale won't be slow in showing him the door.

The thing that gives me hope is that Beale knows his reputation and career are now on the line. He has a massive opportunity and will know he can’t carry passengers. Get it wrong and his honeymoon period will be gone by this time next year. He needs to be ruthless and I think he will be.

Couldn’t agree more. It may be a sad indictment of the Scottish game, but so be it. You need a bit of physicality in this league, particularly at CH. At the moment we are lightweight all over the park, but particularly at CH. The likes of Davies and King (recognising that it is early days for him and he is only 18) have attributes and maybe with the right partner one of them can make it as one of your CH partnership but I am not altogether convinced. If you gave me the alternative of a pair of physical centre halves then I would take take that anytime.
What, someone like Katic, who is built like a bodybuilder? Criminal getting rid of him. He may not of been a great passer of the ball but he'd of went through 2 players and our own goalie to head the ball from danger.

It's just a general observation of him especially in the CL games and also the game at Parkhead in September it's very noticeable that he is lazy and his work rate is questionable all about opinions I suppose.
He has a very languid style which does look like he’s lazy but he has the most ball recoveries in the opponents defensive third in the league which would suggest his pressing is quite effective. A good press isn’t about constantly running about, it needs to be done at the right times. The two games you mention the team was a mess and no one pressed really. That was down to poor coaching.

I’d hope that Tillman will be one of the main beneficiaries of the change in management as he was hung out to dry a wee bit under Gio imo.

Your point is get rid of Alfie as we have Colak.
What happens if Colak is injured or suspended.
Do you expect Colak to play every game between now and end of season which is a curious train of thought.
I think we should try and sign a new striker in January, and Roofe is back

I thought he would be a success with us plenty of good reports of course his ability on the ball was always the plus point but physically he doesn't look up to it to play 2 or 3 games a week and looks another player easily prone to knocks and injuries.

It will be interesting to see if Beale sees anything in him but we need to see better from Davies as it stands for £4 million we've taken for mugs.
Gio said before his last game in charge that Davies was struggling to play three games a week

If we want more from Kent,play him on the right.His superior left foot is wasted on the left imo.I want to see him cutting in from the right and letting fly with that left,rather than the usual dead end play on the left.
Worth a try anyway.
Is that the superior left foot, that's actually the weaker of the two, that you're talking about?

I think we should try and sign a new striker in January, and Roofe is back
So we’re dipping into the budget to sign a Centre Forward instead of trying to rejuvenate a proven centre forward which costs nothing
Could easily end up with another Itten as January is rarely the best time to venture into the mkt.
Roofe I’m afraid is a proven sick note unfortunately so can’t rely on him.

Not at all i just struggle to see how anyone can get a tune out of a team ravaged by injury and who haven`t kicked their own arses for the majority of the season.
It won’t be easy however even with the injury situation the squad is underperforming.
Tactically domestically especially away we were honking.
In summary by simply changing the tactical approach and re motivating the players would see much needed improvement IMO.

So we’re dipping into the budget to sign a Centre Forward instead of trying to rejuvenate a proven centre forward which costs nothing
Could easily end up with another Itten as January is rarely the best time to venture into the mkt.
Roofe I’m afraid is a proven sick note unfortunately so can’t rely on him.
How many times have we had to rejuvenate him? He's not been fit for about a year.

He's not scored a single important goal this season

He's a liability on the pitch (some not his fault as he's targeted, but that ain't stopping), he costs us points (eg hibs)

His trips to Colombia cost us

He's been shown up by Colak this season who works hard and has good a lot of crucial goals.

He'll be on a decent wage which we could use more effectively.

Who is Matonda? If you mean Matondo, the club publicly stated there's no attitude problem there.

Tillman has no attitude problem whatsoever.

Alfie is Alfie.

Do you think the club will publicly admit some of our squad have attitude problems? Nope...

Who is Matonda? If you mean Matondo, the club publicly stated there's no attitude problem there.

Tillman has no attitude problem whatsoever.

Alfie is Alfie.
Sincerely hope that last point isn’t being used as some sort of excuse.

His yearly drop off in attitude is a proper bore.

How many times have we had to rejuvenate him? He's not been fit for about a year.

He's not scored a single important goal this season

He's a liability on the pitch (some not his fault as he's targeted, but that ain't stopping), he costs us points (eg hibs)

His trips to Colombia cost us

He's been shown up by Colak this season who works hard and has good a lot of crucial goals.

He'll be on a decent wage which we could use more effectively.
I ain’t arguing that Alfredo has been absolute piss for the last calendar year which coincidentally ties in with the arrival of Gio.
Not necessarily blaming Gio.
However surely worth a last throw of the dice before throwing in the towel that a change of manager who got the best out of him can work the oracle.
If it doesn’t work then fine we move on.

I ain’t arguing that Alfredo has been absolute piss for the last calendar year which coincidentally ties in with the arrival of Gio.
Not necessarily blaming Gio.
However surely worth a last throw of the dice before throwing in the towel that a change of manager who got the best out of him can work the oracle.
If it doesn’t work then fine we move on.
Fair enough, just my opinion as well. Think he's had enough chances!

He's been great at times for the club as well, not taking anything away, just feel it's best for both to move on.

What, someone like Katic, who is built like a bodybuilder? Criminal getting rid of him. He may not of been a great passer of the ball but he'd of went through 2 players and our own goalie to head the ball from danger.
He wasn’t good enough plain and simple.

I think he is sending out a signal to our new signings particularly Matondo, Yilmaz and Tillman that they have to do what they were brought to the club for and if they don’t step up then they will be shipped out. Laying down the standards required. Already showing more straight talking than GVB in any interviews or pressers. Early times but I like the cut of the gaffers gib.

Maja or Prevjlak in a cut price deal given they're both ooc in the summer might be worth a try if Beale thinks they'll fit into his way of playing.

Ross Stewart is ooc in the summer. Few mackems I’ve spoken to think he’s leaving and maybe to us.

I haven’t watched that much of him but they think he’s class.

Only issue is the last part, inferring project players for the future being the targets.

The midfield needs addressed badly. Should be doing our utmost to improve it

He doesn’t say that project players are all we’ll look to bring in though. You’re panicking about nothing.

Central Midfield is a real worry after being an area of good depth for a number of years.

Jack, Davis and Arfield - assume this is their last season
Kamara - likely will leave IMO
Sands - simply does not justify signing permanently as a midfielder

The narrative re our central midfield should not be about giving people a chance to prove themselves - it simply needs to recognise that we will need to invest in this area and we should be doing that immediately

Ross Stewart is ooc in the summer. Few mackems I’ve spoken to think he’s leaving and maybe to us.

I haven’t watched that much of him but they think he’s class.
Transfrmarkt has this one wrong apparently mate, and Sunderland have another year option to take up unfortunately.
Otherwise it'd have made perfect sense, home quota as well.

Back