Manager on transfer targets for January

Was just about to post the same, he's being pilloried because he asked his boss a question. Apparently he's an arrogant prick who needs 'kicked into touch' for it. Lunacy.

This is why 'clean slates' don't exist in football and even if he turns his career around at Ibrox, certain people will wait for a dip in form to batter into him again.
To be fair to those who question him, he’s done the square root of nothing since arriving to the point he’s now off the radar of his national team. As Beale says…ultimately everything is down to how the players perform and the downside of the big wages at Rangers is the expectation of the support who pay for them!!

My main positive from the Beale appointment is that I believe he is of a much stronger character than Gio and i don’t believe he will tolerate signings being thrusted on him from above or more pertinently our untouchable DOF. His neck is on the line and he will want to ensure he has the right players in the squad that fit his criteria and only his and not others.

We are paying ridiculous wages as it is. Realistically we shouldn’t be paying over 15k a week to players in this league.

If reports are true that some players are on over 30k then it’s just plain bad business by the board. I know we aren’t going to be able to attract certain players to the club but if there only interested in the money then we don’t want them

We are paying ridiculous wages as it is. Realistically we shouldn’t be paying over 15k a week to players in this league.

If reports are true that some players are on over 30k then it’s just plain bad business by the board. I know we aren’t going to be able to attract certain players to the club but if there only interested in the money then we don’t want them
We can save a fortune next summer if we let helander, jack, morelos, kent, mcgregor, arfield and davis go.

Sadly its no longer than 90s, 15k is nothing in todays football, If we want good players to come to this backwater we need to pay good wages.

and due to the nature of the league its always going to be a shootout between us and them, if we did lower our wages below 15k a week on average, they would win every league from now until forever.

Sad fact is that we simply don’t have the money to replace all the dross we have in the squad. Most of the 1st team starters need to go and pretty much all of the other squad players need to join them. Anyone who can’t get into our starting XI after some of the atrocious performances of the last 12 months has no business being at the club.

I’m sure Beale will coax some better form out of some of them but it won’t be enough to bring success. We need a complete clearout and for RW to be kept well out of the way of identifying incoming players.

Best case scenario is being able to mount a serious challenge for the league in 3 years time. That’s how long it will take to recruit the right players in the right numbers, similar to when SG came in. Anyone thinking otherwise needs to wake up and smell the coffee.

Sad fact is that we simply don’t have the money to replace all the dross we have in the squad. Most of the 1st team starters need to go and pretty much all of the other squad players need to join them. Anyone who can’t get into our starting XI after some of the atrocious performances of the last 12 months has no business being at the club.

I’m sure Beale will coax some better form out of some of them but it won’t be enough to bring success. We need a complete clearout and for RW to be kept well out of the way of identifying incoming players.

Best case scenario is being able to mount a serious challenge for the league in 3 years time. That’s how long it will take to recruit the right players in the right numbers, similar to when SG came in. Anyone thinking otherwise needs to wake up and smell the coffee.
I'm sorry but that's totally unacceptable when managing against a one-trick pony like Postecoglu. We should be challenging for the league title every single year including this one.

We have to be brave and cut the dross come January, we also have to sell Kent & Morelos if they don't sign new contracts.

I wonder if Beale would consider any players at QPR, such as the left-back Kenneth Paal; he would suit our style at least.

I'm sorry but that's totally unacceptable when managing against a one-trick pony like Postecoglu. We should be challenging for the league title every single year including this one.

We have to be brave and cut the dross come January, we also have to sell Kent & Morelos if they don't sign new contracts.
I absolutely agree. We are not up against a particularly good celtic side nor are they particularly well managed. The fact we have fallen so far behind them so quickly is not purely down to GVB. It is down to the players themselves, RW and the board who have made so many bad decisions which have wasted so much of our money.

We still have a lot of individuals at the club who are passengers and who we need to be rid of in order to build something substantial and lasting. This includes Kent & Morelos, who may have the ability but have not shown it often enough in recent years to be worthy of being retained.

|

Massengo, Semenyo, Willock, McBurnie and Cooper could all be options if he is talking about the cross border market

I think he was referring to the cross border loophole where we can pay minimal compensation for some players under 24. He explicitly mentioned Bassey and Aribo who were both bought this way.

How exactly are we meant to sell them if they don't sign new contracts?

Let me rephrase, we should "attempt" to sell them in January for whatever we can get, granted they may not be willing to leave but we should "TRY" rather than see them walk for nothing.
Even if they leave for nothing I'm sure he could replace them with quality bosmans with the wages there all on

What I want from Beale is to be ruthless in his January transfer dealings. If Kent and Morelos as we currently stand are not prepared to extend contracts which seems unlikely then Beale needs to act swiftly and encourage bids. I would like to think that he will have made his mind up already regarding their futures. In terms of incomings. he needs to source or identify with the help of our existing scouting network including the much lauded John Park a database of players within our budget but probably more important and this is crucial players who have the strong mindset of meeting the expectation of our support of having to win our domestic league fixtures and in particular against our arch rivals and do not accept defeat well. That last criteria is difficult I know but that is why we have a DOF or am I wrong.? Maybe Ross can explain on here or at AGM on Tuesday. Best of luck Ross I think you and Douglas will need it.

Let me rephrase, we should "attempt" to sell them in January for whatever we can get, granted they may not be willing to leave but we should "TRY" rather than see them walk for nothing.

The only way we sell them this January is if the club they want to join in the summer (if indeed they have one lined up) are willing to part with some money for them, and it will be after a pre contract is signed as well.

Anyone know much about Han-Noah Massengo? Bristol City paid big money for him in 2019, €8 million according to transfermarkt.

My main positive from the Beale appointment is that I believe he is of a much stronger character than Gio and i don’t believe he will tolerate signings being thrusted on him from above or more pertinently our untouchable DOF. His neck is on the line and he will want to ensure he has the right players in the squad that fit his criteria and only his and not others.
A very understated point.

The only thing worse than GVB's pitiful league record was the fact he wasn't strong enough with the board, chairman and execs.

Quite a few people seem to think he was set-up to fail - the fact he allowed himself to be should've alarmed people.

That’s encouraging. A lot of noise however to get Alfie and Kent to either buck up or go

Has he got time as Kent in final season.

Alfie and kamara he'll need to work fast to get them up to a level to get money for them.

Helander, Souttar, Davis are done.

A very understated point.

The only thing worse than GVB's pitiful league record was the fact he wasn't strong enough with the board, chairman and execs.

Quite a few people seem to think he was set-up to fail - the fact he allowed himself to be should've alarmed people.

People still fail to grasp that the summer signings were his, though.

The manager has final say on signings. That’s how DOF/Manager relationships work.

Anyone know much about Han-Noah Massengo? Bristol City paid big money for him in 2019, €8 million according to transfermarkt.

Think hes been playing with their U21s at points this season but seemingly well thought of, have we been linked?

Think hes been playing with their U21s at points this season but seemingly well thought of, have we been linked?
Not been linked. Just seen him pop up on the link someone posted earlier with players out of contract

I appreciate the board can only give what they have but I would expect they will have a decent grasp of how much a say Beale had in business when Gerrard was here.

There was a logic, sense and a clear timeline of the end of the side that was, v the side and where it would become, we need to get back to that.

I expect we have more faith to give Beale more funds than Gio was likely to get in January

I think Tillman is just too nice. Nagelsmann said he was a really good trainer but he lacked the “scumbag” attitude on the park.
I'm not so sure about him being too nice.
Several games I've seen where he's the only one in our "midfield" who seems willing to get 100% into a tackle and use his body to block, and even "leave a foot in" when required.
When he gets chopped down he gets back up again and gets on with it.

And I DID feel embarassed at describing our often random collection of guys in the middle of the park as a "midfield".

Back