Manager on transfer targets for January

We are paying ridiculous wages as it is. Realistically we shouldn’t be paying over 15k a week to players in this league.

If reports are true that some players are on over 30k then it’s just plain bad business by the board. I know we aren’t going to be able to attract certain players to the club but if there only interested in the money then we don’t want them
Guaranteed second with your first points wage cap.

They are working, they are not fans like us, it is their job. Of course they are only interested in the money.

We have a massive rebuild on the horizon.

I’ll be absolutely fucking scunnered if we see Davis Arfield Jack in Europe next year again in midfield

We badly need to cut the cord on a lot.
We can all see it and have done for a number of years now, that the midfield badly needs investment and upgraded. You'd need to imagine the manager and those inside the club can see that too, and can't ignore it any longer.

All 3 of the guys you've just mentioned need to be thanked for their service and let go. And you could easily add 8/9/10 others to that list. Of all the contracts up in the summer I wouldn't renew a single one of them.

He is now being linked to Barcelona and Feyenoord.

So if its not already done then we will have tough competition
Tbh I can’t really comment on the boy as a player but I think we were well on the way to signing him on deadline day if they had asked for a more sensible price it would have been done.

Maja or Prevjlak in a cut price deal given they're both ooc in the summer might be worth a try if Beale thinks they'll fit into his way of playing.

Another option Antoine Semenyo ?

He had 8 goals & 12 assists in last years championship, and is still 22yo.

Powerful young player & OOC in the summer.

We may need replacements for both Morelos & Roofe ?

He’s a powerful & pacy guy Andrew.

Even as our third option, and give him time to develop.
If he came in it would be to challenge for a starting spot he apparently can lead the line rather well and has a decent all round game.

I'd guess potential Morelos/Roofe replacement that's if we follow up our interest.

These are the types of players and deals we need to be going for would save us millions in transfer fees.

If he came in it would be to challenge for a starting spot he apparently can lead the line rather well and has a decent all round game.

I'd guess potential Morelos/Roofe replacement that's if we follow up our interest.

These are the types of players and deals we need to be going for would save us millions in transfer fees.

I’m with you CB, and I do think we should be buying him to challenge for a starting spot.

Different games will mean different options are needed, and thats before we consider the increased energy & athleticism needed nowadays.

Another option Antoine Semenyo ?

He had 8 goals & 12 assists in last years championship, and is still 22yo.

Powerful young player & OOC in the summer.

We may need replacements for both Morelos & Roofe ?
He sounds good mate, although I hardly ever watch the championship tbh. Bristol the lad at?

According to a guy on twitter were linked with Ahmed Kendouci of ES Serif in Algeria. Says he's an attacking midfielder. Currently the top goal scorer in the league.

A goal scoring midfielder.
We've got a ready made scout out there in Bougherra. He's the Algeria A team manager. Only use domestic based players. We should be using people like him
You would like to think we would keep in contact with former players etc but I’m going to guess we don’t

He has a very languid style which does look like he’s lazy but he has the most ball recoveries in the opponents defensive third in the league which would suggest his pressing is quite effective. A good press isn’t about constantly running about, it needs to be done at the right times. The two games you mention the team was a mess and no one pressed really. That was down to poor coaching.

I’d hope that Tillman will be one of the main beneficiaries of the change in management as he was hung out to dry a wee bit under Gio imo.
Very well put Mv83....he could make us serious £££ in the future if the Gaffer does get a tune out of him. In my current Football Manager save, I'm on season 25/26 and he's a mainstay in the Bayern team after me letting him leave. His stats are up there with the best AM/ST in the game. His price is now at £58M. I'm not saying he's going to be like that in real life because of a game, but FM/CM have got most of their predictions correct through the years in reference to young talent coming through. The future is bright, is what I'm trying to say lol

Evander won't be on the target list, has just been announced by Portland Timbers. Will be a great signing for them I would think.

Last edited:
He needs to get money in January we already let one manager down who brought in a lot of money to the club, let's not do that again.
We cannot just keep sacking managers when we do not give them the tools to work with.

I get everyone dislikes it, but that's what our entire trading model hinges on. Signing young players, developing them and then selling them on for a profit. The club is going to want to replicate the recent success they've had with Aribo and Bassey.

Agree totally that the midfield needs addressed.
Do you not think sometimes we're a bit to focused on it? For every Bassey there's a Motondo. I'd like us to try and find a couple more Lawrence's who are probably the finished article and improve us straight away. That doesn't mean we shouldn't cut back on potential

He needs to get money in January we already let one manager down who brought in a lot of money to the club, let's not do that again.
We cannot just keep sacking managers when we do not give them the tools to work with.
A manager who said he was happy with the squad?

The lad for Morocco, Ounahi (sp) looks a good player. Slightly more defensive minded midfielder. He's at Angers - long term contract.

Did you forget he also said we would expect some players after qualifying for the Champions League?
If we do the same with Beale, we are destined to fail, You have to give the manager the best chance of winning games by investing in the squad.
I get the impression that Beale will be clear about what he needs, and what he isn't happy about.

We’ve needed a right winger since Gerrard came in 5 years ago. Instead of trying to get the cheap option all the time like Sakala, Wright and Matondo we should get one player for the right hand side at the cost of the 3 of them. I’m sure we could get better options salary wise if we went for one better target then three crap cheap options. Pretty sure we could have got Simmons or Skov Olsen instead of they three.
The numpty that suggested matondo for us should be sacked he is absolutely crap one of the worst players I have seen at Ibrox he offers absolutely nothing shocking signing.

The numpty that suggested matondo for us should be sacked he is absolutely crap one of the worst players I have seen at Ibrox he offers absolutely nothing shocking signing.

Fresh start under Beale. We'll find out pretty soon if the manager fancies him and what he can produce. Having watched the training videos since Belae and his staff have come in, he looks like he fails to understand what's been asked in certain drills.

We'll see if Beale gets something more from him. I'm nearly at the point of writing him off, but then again he hasn't been the only under-performer.

Back