Manager on transfer targets for January

I'm not disagreeing with the concept you are talking about.

However Michael Beale, simply does not have the luxury of time. The manager has just two transfer windows (Jan and the summer) to get what has to be almost entirely a brand new team up and running that can qualify for next season's CL group stages.

That might seem unrealistic to you, but that is the frank, brutal and harsh reality of the matter.
I completely agree Beale has to bring in starters - not squad fillers or young prospects, however I disagree we need a whole new team. Goldson, Davies, Tav, Lundstram, Kamara, Kent all start for me if their attitude is right. So 5 starters needed - maybe less if Yilmaz lives up to early expectations.

Regularly? How many red cards (not rescinded) in how many appearances?
Sorry mate, my sarcasm was missing there. It was what was said about him at the time we signed him. And he had a few but cleaned up his act big time because we are refereed to a different standard and it's not been an issue since.

Hopefully we are aggressive in the Bosman market with an eye on the summer/next season given the turnover we're likely going to need.

Kent odds on to sign for Everton.

Criminal.
Depends on what Kent has been asking for.

If he has made outrageous demands, ie EPL level wages that Everton can offer then there’s not really much we can do. It’s a blow for sure, if true. But he also has been miles from his best this season.

I had still hoped he would sign an extension but if his heart is elsewhere then it is what it is.

Depends on what Kent has been asking for.

If he has made outrageous demands, ie EPL level wages that Everton can offer then there’s not really much we can do. It’s a blow for sure, if true. But he also has been miles from his best this season.

I had still hoped he would sign an extension but if his heart is elsewhere then it is what it is.
Massive blow imo,the only real game changer we have in wide areas,you can almost already guarantee he won’t be replaced to the same standard.

Another who we won’t realise how good he was until he’s gone.

To be fair he played very well against Ukraine when he played for Scotland and dominated their big striker Dovbyk.

The problem is he needs to do it on a consistent basis and cut out the mistakes in his game.

Goldson and Davies will likely be our centre back pairing but if he's available more than Souttar and Helander then he will be a decent back up.

King has potential but is miles off it. It would do him good to go out on loan and get some first team experience.
Forgot Ukraine were one of the powerhouses of European football. They still put Scotland out so that says it all about his performance. Can't believe anyone would want that rat In our jersey.

He was in the Europa league team of the season 6 months ago,pointless going round in circles about Kent & Morelos on here and what they bring to us.
Whats he done in the league most of last season and this season still far next to nothing so if hes away i wouldn’t be giving him another second on the park.

Whats he done in the league most of last season and this season still far next to nothing so if hes away i wouldn’t be giving him another second on the park.
He’s done nothing the same as the whole squad under GVB domestically.

Let’s see how different these players are playing in Beales setup.

The debate about Porteous is that he can get better,

Can we stop signing project players, please?
We will never stop signing project players, the problem being we seem to have signed the wrong ones on recent viewings, lreviously we signed aribo, bassey, kamara, morelos etc none of those players were established players, i got pelters for this in the summer transfer window calling matondo amd yilmaz project players, we need more guys like lawrence colak and davies, two of them been injured but all three look like rangers players, when fit and playing. Young players tend to be up and down with their form and we need consistancy to win the league, at the same time though we need to develop players to sell them on.

The debate about Porteous is that he can get better,

Can we stop signing project players, please?
Were we getting the money to design the finished article? What would you say if we were buying Grant Hanley for £6-7 m? Liam Cooper would cost much the same maybe more? They are both about the same international level as Porteous.
I would prefer the 23 year old every time.

Maybe you would prefer a Croat or a Serb? One we can’t register in our Euro squad so we have to keep changing the team every game

What would be your way forward and how would you pay for it?

All noise as far as I'm concerned let's see if we do properly invest in January I have my doubts same goes for next summer and I don't trust Wilson or our recruitment strategy.

If we are serious then we invest in at least 2 or 3 quality players in January add one or two quality bosmans to supplement the rebuild next summer which again requires serious finds I'm not getting my hopes up let's see what happens.

If we go down the bargain basement cheap route then expect more mediocre dross coming in which has been our go to option for several windows.
That explaines why Cooper played so often on the right.....

Were we getting the money to design the finished article? What would you say if we were buying Grant Hanley for £6-7 m? Liam Cooper would cost much the same maybe more? They are both about the same international level as Porteous.
I would prefer the 23 year old every time.

Maybe you would prefer a Croat or a Serb? One we can’t register in our Euro squad so we have to keep changing the team every game

What would be your way forward and how would you pay for it?
If we have 4 million to spend on a player like Davies then surely there will be better out there than RP.?

Move Kent on in January and get some goals in from his position. Doesn't need to be a similar type to Kent just someone who can finish and likes a shot

Should tell them 5 million or he can train with the U23s for the rest of the season.

So if Everton don't buckle and stump up a figure that we've pulled seemingly out of thin air, we should take Kent who, despite his form, is capable of changing games, tale him out of team that struggling, away from Michael Beale who is the guy who made him the player we know he is and put him in the 23s, whilst presumably not using him in squads for the rest of his contract, whilst paying him tens of thousands of pounds?

Whit?

I absolutely agree. We are not up against a particularly good celtic side nor are they particularly well managed. The fact we have fallen so far behind them so quickly is not purely down to GVB. It is down to the players themselves, RW and the board who have made so many bad decisions which have wasted so much of our money.

We still have a lot of individuals at the club who are passengers and who we need to be rid of in order to build something substantial and lasting. This includes Kent & Morelos, who may have the ability but have not shown it often enough in recent years to be worthy of being retained.
We won’t beat them consistently until we upgrade every part of the business. From the chairman down we have plenty lacking talent. Then there’s the squad full of overpaid shitebags. Years of pain await us.

Back