Manager Success with no experience?

It’s a different kettle of fish altogether if you are going to massive club with huge resources and it has a really good structure of experienced coaches already in place.

Unfortunately I don’t believe we have any of those things to support him with.

All the successful examples of managers starting with a big club and doing well either seem to be guys that had lots of coaching experience or got promoted internally.

At the end of the day we have no idea if Steven Gerrard will be good. There is no track record to look at and he hasn't built up any personal relationships within the club.

I personally don't think we should go down this route.

On a much much smaller scale...

Jack Ross. He's done a pretty impressive job at both alloa and st boo

Barca have Pique and Messi. Real have Ramos and Ronaldo. We Have Martin and Windass.

Arigo Sacchi had never coached in Serie A and had never played professional football when hired by Milan.

But the stories are rare....it would ALL depend on Gerrard's force of personality. Like Souness he would need to make his ideas a reality and take no bullshit. He would need to cajole, convince, flatter, or tear apart...he would need to make bang average players a good squad.

Steven Gerrard made Chelsey Harwood want to be a woman, before he/she settled for second best and let Brendan Rodgers roger her fake fanny. FACT.

If Gerrard had been appointed in the week after Pedro was hunted then I would likely have been excited.

However, what we have had was seen out season go to pish because we installed a youth coach with no managerial experience. So, we plan to fix this by appointing ... a youth coach with no managerial experience.

It doesn't really factor how good a player you are, being a manager is a different job with a radically different skill set.

Back