Manager wearing suit and tie for major final

OddSox

See Klopp and Tuchel both in just trackies for the FA cup final. Can’t imagine a Rangers manager not wearing the club suit for a major final … but it will be 30degC on Wednesday night! Do we think Gio will go casual or sweat it out for the sake of club tradition?

Saying that he could wear a bin liner as long as he brings home that pot.

It’s written in the contract. The Manager must look impeccable on Matchdays and Cup Finals.

This Wednesday is the biggest the club can possibly have, realistically, and it’s only right that Gio wears the club suit and tie. He can wear the brown brogues if he wants, or those wee blue crackers he wears. Not fussed about that, but as long as he doesn’t turn up like a paraffin lamp and he’s wearing the club suit and tie, then he will be doing alright/

Standards. I remember Gerrard making a comment early doors that he preferred being in the trackie but became aware that the fans expected the Rangers manager to be suited and booted - certainly at home.
I could be wrong, but thought I could remember Gerrard saying that it was a requirement mandated by the club, not an option. That said, he still seems to be wearing shirt and tie at Villa.

Standards. I remember Gerrard making a comment early doors that he preferred being in the trackie but became aware that the fans expected the Rangers manager to be suited and booted - certainly at home.
We must've changed his mind as he's always suited and booted at Villa.

I think it is in the contract. It was noticeable that friendlies he always had trackies on.

SG always wears collar and tie at AV. Must be a bit of class he learned at Rangers:))

FWIW, Wednesday could be the biggest day in Rangers history. I think Gio will be well turned out

The day the manager isn't in a suit and tie is the day standards start to slip and we become just another club.

As an aside, always annoys me when you go on holiday to Italy and all the blokes walk around in suits in 30C temperature, looking smooth as, not a drop of sweat, whilst I'm sweating my nut off in just shorts

I'm actually a fan of Pep looking like he's walked off the front cover of my mums Next catalogue, keeps things interesting.

Never understood why some managers wear tracksuits unless your a player manager and going to give yourself a few minutes. Rangers managers all look well suited and booted

Couldn't give one flying %^*& about what gio wears on wednesday,all that matters,is that beautiful trophy is paraded around Ibrox and glasgow.

I'm sure their last manager wore a tracksuit
I think he did - but what success have they had? I'm sure it doesn't make much difference but like another posters say on here why wear a track suit anyway they don't play and prob change out of it before leaving the ground.

See Klopp and Tuchel both in just trackies for the FA cup final. Can’t imagine a Rangers manager not wearing the club suit for a major final … but it will be 30degC on Wednesday night! Do we think Gio will go casual or sweat it out for the sake of club tradition?

He can wear tshirt and shorts as long as we win the thing

Anything less than a suit when he’s going up to lift the trophy & I think the occasion would be ruined.

Pictures of the Rangers manager lifting a European trophy being viewed forever more & he’s in a Castore trackie?

The thought of it makes me sick!

Unless they are going to sub themselves on during a game, they don’t need boots and trackies
Wearing trackies can help them seem to be ‘one of the team’

Little known fact, but even Darth Vader wore jeans and t-shirt on the Death Star on a Friday, to show he was just ‘one of the guys’

At least Prince William had on his Rangers tie... someone post a pic please as I`m a Luddite :))

Wearing trackies can help them seem to be ‘one of the team’

Little known fact, but even Darth Vader wore jeans and t-shirt on the Death Star on a Friday, to show he was just ‘one of the guys’
Like so many other bawbag manager’s, Darth Vader couldn’t read the room or his team, any fud that tries to be part of the team by dressing like them is not part of the team, but in fact an absolute bellend.

Back