Managerial update

mdingwall

Administrator
- Rangers have held talks with former player Giovanni van Bronckhorst in London today – with other candidates due to speak to the club this weekend

- Rangers have a shortlist in place as they search for Steven Gerrard’s successor

- I understand former Aberdeen boss Derek McInnes plus ex-Rangers player Rino Gatusso are not options being considered by the club

- Rangers sporting director Ross Wilson is leading the search with the club understood to be focused on getting the right fit for the job and not rushing into a decision

- Rangers have held talks with former player Giovanni van Bronckhorst in London today – with other candidates due to speak to the club this weekend

- Rangers have a shortlist in place as they search for Steven Gerrard’s successor

- I understand former Aberdeen boss Derek McInnes plus ex-Rangers player Rino Gatusso are not options being considered by the club

- Rangers sporting director Ross Wilson is leading the search with the club understood to be focused on getting the right fit for the job and not rushing into a decision
It's gonna be difficult for any potential new manager, consider we haven't a shilling to spend at the minute.

That's @Midfield General question answered.

Whose the other candidates?

That is great to see. Get on the front foot. Delighted Gio is being spoken to straight away, I think he would be ideal, and keep the feel good factor high at the club.
Also good to see DM dismissed, he had his chance and blew it, thank fúck.
Mon the Teddy Bears!

Who are the other couple of names?

Was it Lampard and Dyche right enough or just rumours atm?

Any comment on who takes training from Monday?

Actually a rather negative update that all things considered. Not rushing into anything? We’ve got a semi final next Sunday, the new manager has to be in place by Tuesday at the latest or it’s incompetence going into that game.

Just get GVB done, announced and get on with it.
What if he isn't the best candidate available? Just because the majority of fans think it doesn't mean it's true. If it's a case of taking a day or two to at least speak with others just to make sure they make the right decision, it will be worth it in the long run.

Actually a rather negative update that all things considered. Not rushing into anything? We’ve got a semi final next Sunday, the new manager has to be in place by Tuesday at the latest or it’s incompetence going into that game.

Just get GVB done, announced and get on with it.
A manager is there for 3 or 4 years.

It's not all about the next game

Right then Gio, how much do you want ? OK nae bother. Who do you want on your coaching team? already picked out ? Aye Fine.. When can you start? Monday ? Aye, why not the morn ?

We wat a picture of you with this Rangers scarf so we can show it on Follow Follow.

What if he isn't the best candidate available? Just because the majority of fans think it doesn't mean it's true. If it's a case of taking a day or two to at least speak with others just to make sure they make the right decision, it will be worth it in the long run.
We could wait an extra couple of days and still get it wrong.

As I said on the thread where someone asked if we’re rushing into this… yes, we should be but that’s as a result of Gerrard and his team doing a mid-season disappearing act. Any failure over the rest of this season is on them.

Back