Managers contract

I’m happy to know we will have Ge55ard until 2024 at least...Klopp won’t leave or be sacked after winning Liverpool the League after 30 odd years. I think City will do it this year but once Klopp gets VVD back fit next season with 1 or 2 additions they’ll win it next season.

When Ge55ard does go it will be to only one club & that’s his beloved Pool. I seen another poster above saying that in the Liverpool forum they reckon he would need to manage abroad or in another Premier League Club before...crazy they think they are brilliant after 1 title & some of the piss poor managers they have had the last 10 years. Very arrogant of them.

I just hope we keep building on this seasons success. We are flying.

Wonder if there is any chance we could keep Beale as Manager?
I wouldn't want Beale as manager.

He's a very good coach, but we need a name at Rangers, someone who can attract players who otherwise wouldn't come to Scotland.

I'd be keeping an eye on Xavi. Give him a chance to manage in the Champions League before he goes back to Barca.

I’m sure it expires in 2024 at same time klopps does - coincidence? Jamie carragher makes a lot of sense and recently he said that a job like Liverpool or Chelsea needs a manager of at least ten years - so they can dig in and get you out of a poor run. I hope gerrard listens to his mate - and lampards failure hopefully make him think. Couple of seasons of c/l football be a good incentive to stay as well

He can go with best wishes for delivering 55 from me. I’m sure there is an element of succession planning underway, be interesting to see who was being considered.

We probably do.
I think we do also , but what must be a concern is that SG has built a formidable backroom team, would he take all of them if he were to move on?

That's a lot of restructuring.

Regardless if he wins us the title (when) he is a legend and if his boyhood club come calling he would leave with our best wishes, and I don't ever recall having that feeling when someone leaves.

Needs to win something first.
Is your "English team" Man Utd and you never liked him?
Were you raging at DK for appointing Gerrard and "handing the poets 10IAR" and more?
Still reckon SG is a youth team coach?
Been calling for him to go every time we hit a sticky patch the last 2 and a half years?
You wouldn't be the only one, far from it.
Your post is hardly a ringing endorsement and a few of his early detractors will never really come round to him.
Oh well.

Beale has said that he wants to become a manager and would’ve went for a managers role by now if it wasn’t for the rangers gig.

He’s made a number of strong career choices already, I think he’ll be up for taking on the reigns instead of being a number two again. Also remember he won’t have the full emotional pull as the other Liverpool lads.

In fact, I think there’s more chance of him leaving rangers before Gerrard. I’d be all over him if I was a championship manager looking for a 2-3 year project manager to get access to the premiership.

I wouldn't want Beale as manager.

He's a very good coach, but we need a name at Rangers, someone who can attract players who otherwise wouldn't come to Scotland.

I'd be keeping an eye on Xavi. Give him a chance to manage in the Champions League before he goes back to Barca.

Does he not have some mad love in with the scum?

Or was that a figment of their imagination again?

Their was no mates’ rates when we paid £7m for Kent so full market rate from Liverpool please :D

Would actually dread trying to replace him unless Michael Beale wanted to stay and take on the top job.
Hopefully, when the day comes, that is what happens.

Beale will probably go with him to Liverpool, but I wonder if Gary Mac will be considered to continue the work that has been started by the gaffer.
That's a good shout although I think Beale has been instrumental in our resurgence. He will be tough to replace.

Back