Managers currently in a job submitting their CV

AnglianBear

According to some ITK posters on here we have had a number of applications for the managers job including Alex Neil. Now Alex Neil is currently managing Preston North End - how does it work if we receive an application from him - do we still need to request permission to talk to him via Preston? If you were a Preston fan would you be flattered that your manager wants such a big job or annoyed that he is admitting he doesnt want to stay at Preston?

Not saying for one second I want him as manager because I don't want timothy anywhere near us, Im just interested in the mechanics and the rules surrounding managers already in jobs.

I'd imagine if you were Alex Neil (or whoever), you'd hope that your application would remain confidential until such time as the board came to the decision that they wanted to hire you.

The fact that any names have been possibly leaked is pretty unprofessional to be honest, and if that is the case then whoever did so needs to take a good look at themselves.

I would imagine that just like in any job there is a confidentiality when submitting a CV. Prospective candidates in a current managerial role would surely feel they could submit an application and it not to be leaked to the media.

Back