Managers hesitation at using substitutions

He should have brought a sub on round about the 70th min mark.

I thought Ojo was blowing out his arse towards the end and Jones fresh legs could really have nicked us an away goal or at least realised some of the pressure on us.

It was my main criticism of Gerrard and still is, 5-10 mins is not enough time for a sub to make a difference, it just looked like time wasting last night.

I think not scoring there could turn out to be fatal for us tbh, especially if they score first at Ibrox.

Also, your second point is nonsense. If that's the case why even have subs at all?

Ojo was struggling big time, in fact we nearly conceded because he could no longer track his man. Not only that but he couldn't get past the right back anymore because he didn't have the energy. Gerrard also shifted him out right so...

I'm talking about last night in particular where it looked in the latter stages that we wanted to keep the 0-0. I agree Ojo looked knackered but can only assume Gerrard thought him for Jones would affect us/our shape.

We know what we need to do next Thurs and hopefully we're 3-0 up so the subs can be made in a timely enough manner for some :)

We have to remember he is learning as a manager. I think Ojo was tired after the hour, but it is hard to come in a game like that and get up to speed straight away. I am not sure Jones would have been the right person in that environment.

Overall I do agree he is slow to change things and fresh legs last night would have helped the midfield.

You not a fan of Ojo at all? What more would he need to do.
Because the game was there to be won.
0-0 is NOT a great away result.

Since when have supporters not been entitled to have an opinion?
I don't see anyone on here slating Gerrard. I only see some posters saying they would have liked to see him make a sub in the last 20 minutes. Ojo was clearly knackered and Jones would have been the obvious replacement.
Since when did I say supporters were not entitled to an opinion?
Since when did I say anyone was slating Gerrard?
Exactly, I didn't.

You either trust our manager or you don’t, I’m in the trust camp unlike yourself.

Ok we should never try and look at how games may have went differently on a fans message board because then it would absolutely stand to reason that we don't trust the manager :rolleyes:

Exactly mate. I started this thread as I thought it was a talking point. As said earlier exactly the same as the guys on the heart and hand post match pod thought it was worthy of mention.

Doesn't mean I think I know better than the manager or I think 0-0 was a poor result.

As you stated, you don't understand it at all, all points can be discussed, but what is lazy thinking is that someone looks knackered so should be taken off, that's not how the professional game is played, we spend over £250,000 a year on sports science wages and coaching, but some OP's sitting with a can of lager and a kebab know better, it's bloody madness!!

As you stated, you don't understand it at all, all points can be discussed, but what is lazy thinking is that someone looks knackered so should be taken off, that's not how the professional game is played, we spend over £250,000 a year on sports science wages and coaching, but some OP's sitting with a can of lager and a kebab know better, it's bloody madness!!

Yeah you're right what a bizarre thought process eh:D

Sometimes you need to roll the dice. If we had lost 1-0, and the gaffer had subbed Ojo on 70 minutes, would anyone really be blaming that?

Jee-zus. He makes a sub and we lose. Everybody and his brother (and sister and Timmy cousin) would blame him. Jones comes on and gets caught in possession. They score and all of FF says the sub was a good decision????

Back