Managers talking gibberish

georgeclooney

As above, what does FF recall managers talking utter bollocks ?
I will start with Strachans "genetically disadvantaged" statement which sounded the death knell for his time as Scotland national coach.
There are some belters out there so lets hear your favourites.

David Pleat was the King of gibberish and pretentious shite. The guy is a grade A walloper.

"eighty percent of teams who score first in games go on to win them, but some may lose and some occasionally draw."

Buzzwords after a game

Never got a break, Gave a 110%
Boys gave everything, I've got an honest group of pros
On another day, Couldn't fault the players
To a man I'm so proud

This is why I switch on at kick off and switch off at the whistle.

Who gives a fuc.k?

Sky desperately want Football to be American football where they talk about rush yards and who did this and how many that but after the match all that matters is the score board.

McCoist they're a good footballing team (everyone wee played)
McCoist high winds
McCoist plastic pitch
Come to think of it.McCoist every fucking shite excuse you can think of.

Who gives a fuc.k?

Sky desperately want Football to be American football where they talk about rush yards and who did this and how many that but after the match all that matters is the score board.

Totally agree. I turn tv on seconds before kick off, mute the half time talk and immediately turn tv off at full time whistle. Who needs to listen to over paid tossers repeat the same old crap week in week out??

For me it was Craig Brown spouting at Euro 96 that had it been a boxing match then we would have beaten England on points!

Another one was Alex Ferguson going on about Man Utd’s grey shirts blending into the sky and being the reason they got pumped from Southampton

Eck was a nightmare for it when under pressure towards the end of his tenure.

“Big stevie needed a game”

“This ones for the Alex McLeish fans”

And countless others.

With Super I just used to roll my eyes every time his player analysis went as far as “he’s a smashing big lad / wee lad” and no further.

Who gives a fuc.k?

This for me no interest in what the pundit have to say as they offer %^*& all insight into what I have already seen

Our manager's latest about sunshine.

Christ, if there had been sunbeds in Jim Baxter's time just think how good he would have been.

Remember Bobby Robson being interviewed after a Newcastle game and claimed his team had been denied a stonebonker penalty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"My biggest mentor is myself because I’ve had to study, so that’s been my biggest influence.”

Brenda from the Piggery

Warburton talking about fine margins and how if the shots had only gone past the post instead of in our net we’d wouldn’t have lost the game.

Warburtons "if we'd have won instead of drawing and they'd have lost instead of drawing and the others won instead of losing we'd be world champions" or whatever nonsense it was that week.

That was the one where I knew it was done.

Ian holloway was brilliant at gibberish lol. When you go to a nightclub you sometimes pull a good lookin burd and other times an ugly burd lol

"My biggest mentor is myself because I’ve had to study, so that’s been my biggest influence.”

Brenda from the Piggery

Can't say I watch many of his interviews but did he really say that? I really hope we are able to start putting pressure on him and his rancid club.

Strachan last weekend was a post match ramble I enjoyed.

Warburton suggesting that his plan B was to do plan A better was irritating

Brenda after the 7-0 trouncing by Barcelona..

"There can be no embarrassment because they have done it to better teams than ourselves."

Feckin embarrassing it was Brenda, well for you lot anyway. It was a treat for us :D

Back