Manchester City Euro Ban Overturned.

I’m surprised that anyone is surprised at this :oops:

But for all the moaning about it, any clubs fans (including ours) would love a sheik to come and start throwing his cash around.

And they wouldn’t give a monkeys about FFP

Money in England has totally changed the league & made it the most competitive in Europe.

It would have stayed Man Utd vs this season challenger without it.
Absolute bollocks, Murdoch's money from Sky pumped into the EPL has ruined football across Europe because every league now chases the gravy train trying to keep up with something they don't have a hope of competing with unless they dig themselves into a massive debt hole.

Smithers, my wallet is in my right front pocket.

Oh and I'll take that statue of justice too.

Makes a mockery out of the FFP rules. They exist only to allow hte biggest richest clubs to behave exactly as they like. Quicker the Champions league becomes something else that is a closed competition leaving the rest of us to get on with life the better.

Lets be honest us playing Man City , or any other champions of any league outside theft big leagues, it will be a major shock if City were to lose. They stockpile players, don't even try to trickle their wealth down through football.

UEFA are as inept as the SFA. Money will eventually destroy football.

Exactly why we need rules changed.

Billy Gilmour for example: should be play for Scotland, reach 50 games, play in CL etc etc we should get money....same if he is sold on.

Why should massively wealthy clubs get Academy players for £100,000?

Exactly why we need rules changed.

Billy Gilmour for example: should be play for Scotland, reach 50 games, play in CL etc etc we should get money....same if he is sold on.

Why should massively wealthy clubs get Academy players for £100,000?

Exactly. they should pay the club they buy from properly with a significant sell on percentage. From todays ruling you can bet the rules will never be changed.

Team salary cap, US style is what's needed.
Each team allowed only so much wages per year and it's up to them how to spend it.

They're a drab, soulless non entity of a club now....they wouldn't be missed at all.

They would be missed - they'd be missed by connoisseurs of 'the beautiful game', They'd be missed from the CL especially if they were replaced by, for eg., the likes of Sheffield Utd. or Spurs under Mourinho, both dreary, boring, teams, that I couldn't be bothered crossing the street to watch - even if I had a free ticket.

Team salary cap, US style is what's needed.
Each team allowed only so much wages per year and it's up to them how to spend it.

How do you align that with current squads and expenditure though?

Teams cannot just cut contracts and forego their investments.

From what I gather Uefa charged Man City with offences that were time barred or had no evidence of said charges.

I know people hate Man City and modern football etc, but surely even people can see through their hate at that.

The whole thing was an utter farce and smacks of greed, jealousy and self-preservation of the old elite. Some of whom (Real, Barca) have been long standing beneficiaries of backhanders and considerable state and local government aid to get to and preserve the level they’re at.

Exactly this.

Dreaming of a day where there is a financial armageddon in football and everyone is sent back to the stone age.

No monopolies, just teams supported by actual supporters where any team in Europe can win their league with hard work and planning and have a decent chance of lifting the European Cup.

Alas.

So just like most other elite clubs then?
Most other 'elite' clubs were elite before big money investors and t.v. deals changed football. Manchester City are now in that 'elite' group because of their rich owners.
As I said when I was growing up they were my English team but there was nothing elite about a club from Moss Side who were bouncing about the old 2nd Division or Championship for years.

Great news. Barca, Real, Juve, Milan, Inter, Bayern, Chelsea have all benefitted from rich owners or generous local authorities underwriting their debts by various dodgy land deals. They want the closed shop to continue and resent any other clubs catching up.

Absolute bollocks, Murdoch's money from Sky pumped into the EPL has ruined football across Europe because every league now chases the gravy train trying to keep up with something they don't have a hope of competing with unless they dig themselves into a massive debt hole.

We are talking about oil/gas money here not the Sky deal. Before they came into the English game Man Utd dominated the league.

Now you have greater competition for the crown unlike the rest of the other top leagues which are either dominated by one or two clubs. Hell Newcastle could be winning the league in a few years time.

Cant say the rest of Europe is chasing England any way since they dominated the European competitions last decade

From what I gather Uefa charged Man City with offences that were time barred or had no evidence of said charges.

I know people hate Man City and modern football etc, but surely even people can see through their hate at that.
Fair puts a spoke in the mentally challengeds resolution 12 gripe :p

Was never going to be an issue really. FFP is a joke as UEFA will never even try to stand up against the bigger clubs (well, ones with cash).

Exactly.

It's Sky and their TV money that have created a situation were the likes of Bournemouth can seriously outspend historically huge clubs like ourselves, Ajax, PSV, Porto, Benfica, Sporting Lisbon etc etc.

Not to delve too far off topic, but Scottish Football had its chance to be a part of the Sky revolution, but the idiots in charge of our game at the time chose to go another way and we have all paid for it ever since. Looking at the current situation, it is fair to say that nothing is going to change anytime soon.

We are talking about oil/gas money here not the Sky deal. Before they came into the English game Man Utd dominated the league.

Now you have greater competition for the crown unlike the rest of the other top leagues which are either dominated by one or two clubs. Hell Newcastle could be winning the league in a few years time.

Cant say the rest of Europe is chasing England any way since they dominated the European competitions last decade
Man United dominated the league because they had quality players coming through the youth system, given time other clubs would have followed the same model and built themselves up to challenge and achieve success, now all of that has gone out the window and the reason you get oil and gas tycoons buying up clubs is in order to get their hands on the stupid amounts of cash being offered by Sky and other rich sponsors, and youth hardly gets a look in.

Great news. Barca, Real, Juve, Milan, Inter, Bayern, Chelsea have all benefitted from rich owners or generous local authorities underwriting their debts by various dodgy land deals. They want the closed shop to continue and resent any other clubs catching up.

Have Bayern benefitted from rich owners? Are they not part of the 50+1 shareholding requirement?

But how could this have happened?!?!?!

£££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

giphy.gif

German clubs like Bayern are not owned and funded by a state in the same way City and PSG are, but they are heavily reliant on the sale of matchday packages and commercial deals with the German industrial behemoths, which speaks to the strength of the German industrial complex more than anything.

Not to delve too far off topic, but Scottish Football had its chance to be a part of the Sky revolution, but the idiots in charge of our game at the time chose to go another way and we have all paid for it ever since. Looking at the current situation, it is fair to say that nothing is going to change anytime soon.

SPL TV brought to you by the non-existent brain of scum fan Roger Mitchell which didn't even go on to happen anyway but drove Sky away :cool:

Just have to hope oil and gas contine to go out of fashion as the world moves to greener energy sources. :)). These super rich clubs can duck and dive to avoid financial fair play. UEFA are not competent enough to nail these clubs like City who use their unlimited wealth to maintain elite status.

How else do the likes of Man City or Paris reach the level of and try to break through the level of elite super clubs if not for massive investment?

The whole thing was an utter farce and smacks of greed, jealousy and self-preservation of the old elite. Some of whom (Real, Barca) have been long standing beneficiaries of backhanders and considerable state and local government aid to get to and preserve the level they’re at.

Admittedly I’m biased as I’ve followed City as my ‘English/2nd team’ since the early 90s, but this notion that clubs have to live within some sort of financial straitjacket with the dices loaded in favour of a hierarchy of say a dozen clubs was ludicrous. And after they let Paris off there’s no way they could have made an exception for City.
Not a fan of money clubs buying success, but good point, well made.

For Football seriously, I hate Man City and what they stand for they are a prime example of whats wrong with football whats the point in fining them.
Hi, Back in the day and few City fans used to travel up regularly in our supporters bus.They hated Celtic and were happy to come and support the Gers.We hate Man Utd so why not give City some slack.
You should bear in mind when Murray mint was our chairman we spent mega bucks at the time to bring us 9 in a row... So are we immune from the criticism that we bought our way to the titles ?

Most other 'elite' clubs were elite before big money investors and t.v. deals changed football. Manchester City are now in that 'elite' group because of their rich owners.
As I said when I was growing up they were my English team but there was nothing elite about a club from Moss Side who were bouncing about the old 2nd Division or Championship for years.

And quite a few weren't. I don't think you or anyone here would complain too much if we had many millions invested in our club by a filthy rich Arab or Russian etc.

FFP pointless then.

It’s always been pointless. What’s wrong with people pumping money into clubs.

I openly admit I’d be alright with a multi billionaire throwing money at us, if it wasn’t loaded onto the club as debt, but was actually invested as equity in the club.

Let’s be honest. Who wouldn’t want billions thrown at their club’s playing squad and stadium.

I openly admit I’d be alright with a multi billionaire throwing money at us, if it wasn’t loaded onto the club as debt, but was actually invested as equity in the club.

Let’s be honest. Who wouldn’t want billions thrown at their club’s playing squad and stadium.
The thing about idealists is they’re only ever just kidding themselves on

Probably fans with a concern of their club being used as a husk by human rights abusers as part of a sportwashing programme. Just my hunch, though.

Back