Manchester Derby

Kenshaw

Just back from the game ,was in the away end , first Manchester Derby I've been to , good atmosphere, plenty hostilities between both sets fans no quite us and them but still plenty hatred.

Just back from the game ,was in the away end , first Manchester Derby I've been to , good atmosphere, plenty hostilities between both sets fans no quite us and them but still plenty hatred.
Some score in the end 6-3, with 4-0 at HT

Did you stay til the end?
what were the thoughts on those leaving at half time

City get a bad rep for their fan base, there were plenty of proper celebrations and limbs after their goals today.

City were unbelievable to watch especially first half, probably took the foot off the gas second half , Haaland is a monster when you see him up close, in fairness most the United fans around me were still there and backing their team when I left on the 80th min.

Was also in the safe standing section of the away end don't see why this can't be introduced at Ibrox, done the tour of Old Trafford yesterday and United also have a few areas installed including the away end.

City were unbelievable to watch especially first half, probably took the foot off the gas second half , Haaland is a monster when you see him up close, in fairness most the United fans around me were still there and backing their team when I left on the 80th min.
Is there a subway at the etihad? I imagine you’ve paid a decent amount for a ticket, can’t understand why anyone would leave early.

FFS OP, you obviously didn’t read the script. You’re meant to come on and tell us all it was a soulless experience akin to being in a morgue.

That really is pathetic. It’s only going to become more common too.

And btw, I don’t know why United fans scoff when the bulk of their global support are glory hunting prawn sanny munchers who latched onto the club during the 90’s because they were winning everything.
I worked with a lad 30 years ago and he was a massive Man U fan.He got slagged for all the same reasons,but in his defence he started following them home and away in the old second division.Proper fan.Travelled from Glasgow every week to watch them.
Money has ripped the heart and soul out of football.

Was also in the safe standing section of the away end don't see why this can't be introduced at Ibrox, done the tour of Old Trafford yesterday and United also have a few areas installed including the away end.
I didn't think you were part of the subway loyal C.

Paid crazy money for tickets, your mate travelled from Canada for the match…and then you left on 80 minutes.

%^*& sake OP.

An official match baw where two players score hat-tricks can easily accommodate a player's achievement.

The first hat-trick by Haaland, you take that ball from play when he scored the third. Same for fodens third and martial if he had netted 3.

At least it is part right.

Really ? I didn’t see one.
I saw them at OT when I went years ago. Whole thing was quite bizarre IIRC.

We were in the away end (cousins are City fans) and when we went down I was asking where to meet before we get kettled in, do I need to jump on a supporters bus etc. Having been going to Old Firm games all my life, it's just what I expected. Instead we parked at the OT Cricket ground and just went into a random pub. Could have done a lap of the stadium in a full city kit should the notion have taken me. Tonnes of half and half scarves for sale en route. Was a midweek later kick off too, was expecting it to be chaos or at least a little bit more spicy than it was. Which is a shame tbh, was hoping to go into a city SC then get a bus over full of beer and chanting etc. Much like what we used to do going over the other side of our city.
Atmosphere in the ground was good though, although calling each other "red" or "blue" bastards really is some weak insults. They should really come up here and learn some proper hatred.
After the game doors open and out you go. Was walking away with my cousin in city scarves surrounded by united fans walking past all their pubs etc. Not a word was said.

Same lad 2nd half

I don't know what nationality that guy is, but I'm on holiday in Vietnam right now, in a smallish city away from the tourist/expat zone and I watched the match in a coffee shop last night with all locals. I showed up near kick off and could barely get a seat it was absolutely mobbed, with a lot of punters wearing Man Utd shirts (even spotted a couple in full fvcking kit). No City tops weirdly and I'm told by an English speaking guy that everyone still loves Man Utd in Vietnam. Cool, anyway the game kicks off and City score within minutes, and I'm thinking here we go these guys are going to be pissed. Not a bit of it, there were whoops and cheers, even from those wearing United shirts! I asked the English speaking guy about the local team (they play in the top tier here & I'm interested in maybe going to watch a game while I'm here) and he couldn't be less interested, 35 year old and has never been to see them in his life. He supported Man Utd, Real Madrid & PSG, so he told me with delight and passion. Nice enough guy tbf.

When the camera panned to Ronaldo there was this high pitched, giddy 'oooh'. That kind of canned audience 'oooh' that you used to get in those 90s tv game shows when they revealed the jackpot prize.

TLDR: Bizarre and quite dishearting in a way, the pull that the EPL/big European clubs have.

Back