Manchester United v Southampton 8pm

Southampton is a club that just doesn't merit any extraneous enthusiasm. But since the days of Ron Davies and Laurie McMenemy when I was young, they're a club that had always been around the top flight of English football

I was in a pub the night they lost nine goals to Leicester, an unbelievable collapse, and I thought they were finished, traumatised beyond redemption. But what a turnaround in their season, they stuck by their manager and used it as a cathartic experience to turn things around.

What a season for the Saints, well done to everyone at the club.

18 games unbeaten played and beat Man City twice also played Chelsea, Wolves,Sheffield Utd and spurs in that period but aye it’s Southampton that are their first real challenge :)) :))

Since football started back they have played Tottenham, Southampton, Sheffield United, Bournemouth, Aston Villa, Norwich and Brighton. They were being labelled title contenders for next season.

Not a chance with Solskjaer, Shaw, Maguire, Fred, McTominay, James...

They need at least four top signings. That defence is appalling, attackers inconsistent and an injury to Bruno Fernandes and they become extremely ordinary.

Once Williams got injured, the new defensive shape they adopted looked like the players didn't know what the plan was. The equaliser was predictable after that.

18 games unbeaten played and beat Man City twice also played Chelsea, Wolves,Sheffield Utd and spurs in that period but aye it’s Southampton that are their first real challenge :)) :))

Cheer up mate, they’re pish! In fact there’s a giant drop outside of Liverpool and City. They should have beaten Spurs too because they’re in rotten form too, but out of the decent sides they’ve faced since the restart they’ve only managed to beat Sheffield United.

And some were saying they were one/two players from a league challenge.

Are the bollocks. The slightest challenge and they are murder.

Had a bad night. Just like Liverpool had a bad day at the weekend and City last week. It happens.

Leicester won't win another game this season so Utd will be fine.

How bad has Maguire been for United? I actually liked him at Leicester despite him having all the pace of Jabba the Hutt. I expected him to kick on further at United but he’s gone backwards.

Cheer up mate, they’re pish! In fact there’s a giant drop outside of Liverpool and City. They should have beaten Spurs too because they’re in rotten form too, but out of the decent sides they’ve faced since the restart they’ve only managed to beat Sheffield United.
Going by the form table in the last 25 games Man City must be pish as well then.

How bad has Maguire been for United? I actually liked him at Leicester despite him having all the pace of Jabba the Hutt. I expected him to kick on further at United but he’s gone backwards.

Over hyped like the vast majority of English players. Before him it was Stones at Everton was the new Beckenbauer. Turns like a cruise liner.

A big reason why Liverpool won the league this season is that they have a good defence.

The other clubs in the so called 'top 6' all need to strengthen in this area the most if they want to challenge Liverpool next year.

I reckon Man City's defence will cost them in the CL.

I’d say taking off Pogba was the reason they never won.
Wasn’t having his best game but has played well since returning to the team, he’s miles better than any of the two substitutes that came on.

Maybe they have some big games in the next fortnight and the manager was resting him. Just a thought for the hard of thinking.

Leicester well and truly pulled Man Utd’s pants down for that deal.

It’s just silly to say United are pish. They need to be much better defensively but almost any manager in the world would love to work with the likes of Martial, Rashford and Fernandes. I often wonder what Rashford would be like under a Klopp or Guardiola who both would improve him tenfold. I can’t stand United and don’t rate Solskjaer although he’s a nice bloke, but clearly they are on the right track.

It’s just silly to say United are pish. They need to be much better defensively but almost any manager in the world would love to work with the likes of Martial, Rashford and Fernandes. I often wonder what Rashford would be like under a Klopp or Guardiola who both would improve him tenfold. I can’t stand United and don’t rate Solskjaer although he’s a nice bloke, but clearly they are on the right track.

Even more silly to say they will challenge for the title next season. They are miles away from competing with Liverpool or City at the minute.

Over hyped like the vast majority of English players. Before him it was Stones at Everton was the new Beckenbauer. Turns like a cruise liner.

I know it hurts a few people here but although England certainly do have plenty of over-rated players, they also have some outstanding players and talent coming through.

A big reason why Liverpool won the league this season is that they have a good defence.

The other clubs in the so called 'top 6' all need to strengthen in this area the most if they want to challenge Liverpool next year.

It’s baffling the money that gets spent down there and like you say other than Liverpool defensively the rest are chronic.

When you have to start narrowing it down to specific portions of games within the season you’re grasping at more straws than Worzel Gummidge having a wank.

The season doesn’t last for 25 games mate. Fùck the Salford Celtic! :D
Such a pointless barometer. The league runs from August to May (well apart from this season!), and the best team in that period win the title. Arsenal and United fans are by far the worst for going on about ‘unbeaten runs’ and ‘form tables’.

When you have to start narrowing it down to specific portions of games within the season you’re grasping at more straws than Worzel Gummidge having a wank.

The season doesn’t last for 25 games mate. Fùck the Salford Celtic! :D
I’m pointing out their form over that period because apparently to a few on here bottom half of the table Southampton are the first decent challenge that they’ve had.

I’m genuinely shocked how little prem goals city’s defence have conceded yet they appear a total shambles. If anything highlights how good the players infront of them are.

Southampton are a good side and have a good manager. If they played up here they would win the title by a landslide of points.

That game there emphasises just how fragile Man Utd are, defensively awful at times as well. I reckon they will finish 4th still but if they want to do well next season they need at the minimum 2x CB, lb and I would replace de gea with Henderson as well, just don’t think he’s the keeper he once was. On top of that they are one injury to Fernandes from completely falling apart. So they probably need some sort of cover there as well. They also need a proper striker up front as well, Martial has looked good recently but he’s never been able to string together a full consistent season which is why I wouldn’t trust him to lead the line

Good Manager Hasenhuttl, it was the pressing he puts in to his sides that meant Ingolstadt stopped up in the Bundesliga after promotion, RB Leipzig noticed this and got him on board for their first season as well. I wouldn't be surprised to see him Manage Dortmund one day.

Last edited:
I’m pointing out their form over that period because apparently to a few on here bottom half of the table Southampton are the first decent challenge that they’ve had.

The only impressive result they've had since the restart was a 3-0 win over Sheffield Utd. Every other game has been against relegation threatened teams, apart from Spurs who are dug meat and who they needed a penalty to get a draw against, and Southampton tonight.

I know their unbeaten run started well before the restart, but no-one was saying back in March they're only a few defenders away from a title challenge.

You obviously don’t watch a lot of football. The improvement in mctominay has been quite incredible.

I've seen him plenty to know he's pants. He can barely pass the ball 5 yards without giving it away. Doesn't create. Doesn't score. Can't tackle, just fouls.

He's tall I suppose, I'll give him that.

You're obsessed.

But at least you've actually gone a few posts without mentioning wanking.

I’m obsessed? Mate your only purpose on here seems to be to gush over England’s young players, making daft wee references to “numpties” who don’t share your view along the way. Given your deep infatuation with them I’d say the wanking gags are quite apt.

Your team slipped up and your boy Greenwood went missing, take it on the chin and roll with the punches.

I’m obsessed? Mate your only purpose on here seems to be to gush over England’s young players, making daft wee references to “numpties” who don’t share your view along the way. Given your deep infatuation with them I’d say the wanking gags are quite apt.

Your team slipped up and your boy Greenwood went missing, take it on the chin and roll with the punches.

I know it hurts you a lot the fact that they do have some great talent right now, but don't take it out on me and try not cry yourself to sleep, eh?

Jesus loves you. Yes, even you.

I know it hurts you a lot the fact that they do have some great talent right now, but don't take it out on me and try not cry yourself to sleep, eh?

Jesus loves you. Yes, even you.

hqdefault.jpg

Cracking goal that!

Martial, Rashford, Greenwood and possibly Sancho will light up the Theatre of Dreams in the coming years, that's for sure. Not forgetting Fernandes either.

Haha “The Theatre of Dreams”, you always get a good laugh on here from you when Man U play!

Back