Manchester United

ca100

You wonder if he is in the right frame of mind to take on another top level rebuilding job - he has had spurs punching above their weight for years but this is obviously his lowest ebb in that time.

I actually wouldn't be surprised to see Brenda being installed as fav if he keeps Leicester ticking along in the next couple of months. I don't think Man U will sack OGS until nearer Christmas but he may decide to walk away if results don't turn.
Can they afford to wait until Christmas? I personally hope they do, but by that time they could really be adrift in mid-table, which would be really quite hilarious.

I genuinely believe the board are happy to consolidate mid table this year. Ole has been tasked with getting the prima donas off the pay role and give the team an identity of young UK players again.

Its whether the fans can be patient with that. Maybe they need a transfer ban like Chelsea, their fans seem to be accepting of not challenging due to it.

AzorIbrox

Chelsea and Man Utd both blooding youngsters this season.

The difference being Chelsea have had all their boys out on loan at a decent level getting them prepared for this opportunity.

Solskjaer is throwing his group in at the deep end and it's not going to end well.

Big Buff

They've major structural problems.

This is what can happen when you don't have a DoF and your board aren't good at making managerial appointments. You lurch from one terrible manager to the next - the entire club stuck in purgatory.

Unfortunately for United, the Glazers do not give one %^*& as long as it's still making money.

Dom

Look at how badly they've got recruitment over the past 5 years, you've got Lingard and Rashford on 200-300k a week, Pogba on more than that, they had Sanchez on 300k a week. They're buying players at the wrong age for too much money.

They continue to get the management situation wrong, too much short term thinking which is setting in a massive rot to Manchester United and I for one, couldn't be happier. %^*& EM

dt17

Issue they're going to have soon is that although they have a lot of dead wood - they'll struggle to shift them because they're all on ridiculous money that no one else will match!

HandsomeHead

Can they afford to wait until Christmas? I personally hope they do, but by that time they could really be adrift in mid-table, which would be really quite hilarious.
You know there’s no chance Solskjaer is turning this around, but then, most knew that last season too.

Look at how badly they've got recruitment over the past 5 years, you've got Lingard and Rashford on 200-300k a week, Pogba on more than that, they had Sanchez on 300k a week. They're buying players at the wrong age for too much money.

They continue to get the management situation wrong, too much short term thinking which is setting in a massive rot to Manchester United and I for one, couldn't be happier. %^*& EM
I think they are still paying Sanchez 200k a week and he's not there. Its incredible

Bighuggybear

History repeating itself,the old ones on here will remember the decline they went into when Busby left and United went through a load of dud managers and even got relegated,Fergie leaves and it looks like it’s all happening again.

MMols99

The only way I can see man utd becoming a big force again is if they try get poch just now before Madrid try nab him. Only other manager I can think of who'd make them big would be someone at atletico but I don't think he'd leave them unless they offered him crazy money even then they'd find it hard to get him due to his loyalty to atletico. Atm I don't see any manager out there who can change their fortunes. Their recruitment and manager decisions since fergie left have been abysmal. Maguire and pogba for nearly 200m is outrageous theyd be better signing Jack and katic off us and it would cost them a fraction of the price

SouthEast Jim

Certainly came across as a Manchester United fan. Seemed to think that Lennon/Keane could replicate Ferguson/Brian Kidd and that the team needed someone in charge who they would fear when walking into the dressing room after a poor performance. Genuinely appeared to think Lennon/Keane were the ones to do that.
Just goes to show all clubs have their mentalists!

DejaVoodoo

OGS was always a bad appointment. Funny that the media were so keen to push him for the job when he started well, even though there was no requirement to make a decision until the end of that season.

Man United need to overhaul the structure of the Club. Bring in a DoF to run the football department and let Woodward run the business side of the Club.

It's going to take several years for Man United to become competitive again, especially with clubs like Liverpool and Man City unlikely to stand still.

Albertz Loyal

I think of Murty with us being similar, he came in, made some sensible decisions and steadied the mess, but was very soon out his depth.

This is now OGS

They wouldn't go for Stevie would they?

chosen few

I cannot for the life of me see where United go from here, guys on so much money but they don't give a feck, players getting paid way more than their talents merit, but the fundamental problem is Ferguson allowed a team to grow old together, giggs, Keane, ferdinando, Scholes, neville were going to be nigh on impossible to replace, any manager would struggle to compete with what was left.

stonewall Jackson

I cannot for the life of me see where United go from here, guys on so much money but they don't give a feck, players getting paid way more than their talents merit, but the fundamental problem is Ferguson allowed a team to grow old together, giggs, Keane, ferdinando, Scholes, neville were going to be nigh on impossible to replace, any manager would struggle to compete with what was left.
Ferguson left nearly 6 years ago after winning the league. They have had 4 managers in that time and spent hundreds of millions of pounds on recruitment so your analogy doesn't really add up. There must be a deep malaise within this club if managers the calibre of Van Gall and Mourinho can fail.

TylerB

Doesn't matter who they might bring in as manager next. The squad they have is a million miles away. Their one genuinely world-class player, De Gea, has been pretty ordinary for nearly 2 years now. He's probably been dragged down to the level of those around him. McTominay and James are bang average and are yet being hailed as there big hopes which says everything about the shower they have become. Wan-Bissaka is a very good young player, Maguire decent enough and there's still a bit of hope for Martial and Rashford yet, but they will need a complete overhaul to compete with City and Liverpool regardless of them bringing in an Allegri or a Pochettino.

permatan

Love to see them struggling, long may it continue.
What is with the hatred of Man Utd by so many? Genuinely curious

I grew up in the 90s and really loved their story. A group of young local lads, managed by a fierce Scottish manager, grow up to win the CL in dramatic fashion.

A proper football team with real roots. I seem to be in the minority on here though.

Albertz89

Not much time for Man U as a club but they f@cked up badly giving Ole the job.

After Fergie's reign, they always need someone who commands instant respect and has that aura about them in charge. As others have said, looks like Mourinho's 2nd was some achievement given the state of the club as a whole.

Small comparisons to us in a way, as who on earth could we find with said aura after a certain Mr Smith? We finally found it and hit that bang on the money with Gerrard. Man U need someone like that, who lifts the whole club and has top players itching to play for the club again.