Manchester United

A manager who has won nothing - mental

Allegri is the only person who springs to mind having said that they might just go full retard and get Roy Keane in

Van Gaal and Mourinho had won loads so the idea you need to have big silver baubles on your CV doesn’t necessarily stack up.

Pochettino worked wonders at Southampton, made the step up to a bigger club and has continued to do likewise there.

Man U feels like the right move for both, but as the club is being poorly run from above there will be no guarantee of success.

They were never going to reach the high if SAF. They might have been boring to watch pre Ole, but at least they got wins & were in the top half

I'm not one of them who has an English team.I do however despise Man U.Diddy teams in that league getting hundreds of millions per year tv money makes me spew.

Van Gaal and Mourinho had won loads so the idea you need to have big silver baubles on your CV doesn’t necessarily stack up.

Pochettino worked wonders at Southampton, made the step up to a bigger club and has continued to do likewise there.

Man U feels like the right move for both, but as the club is being poorly run from above there will be no guarantee of success.

I think in this day and age that Man Utd need someone who can deal with superstars

The minute he said he felt as if he couldn't park in the managers space at the training ground alarm bells should have been ringing tbh.

Clearly didn't see himself being the man for the job.

It's terribly fun though watching all these teams with their £150million TV income struggle by.

I'd genuinely piss myself laughing if man u keep f*cking up and end up relegated. A consequence of so much money in the epl is that it's not as far fetched as it seems. Any squad with good team spirit can excel with 'poorer' players - see Burnley - and teams of highly paid 'superstars' can collapse if they can't be arsed (man u) or are shagin one another's missus (spurs)

Liverpool fan?

Certainly came across as a Manchester United fan. Seemed to think that Lennon/Keane could replicate Ferguson/Brian Kidd and that the team needed someone in charge who they would fear when walking into the dressing room after a poor performance. Genuinely appeared to think Lennon/Keane were the ones to do that.

I'm not sure Pochetino will get it. Spurs certainly appear to be in free fall and there performances this season haven't been much better than United's.

They should go for Allegri. Benitez would be another good shout were it not for the Liverpool connections.

When they're dishing out new contracts to Luke Shaw worth £180,000 a week then it's hardly to feel any sympathy for them. Same goes for Lingard etc.

He's only won 18 of his last 40 games with Spurs. Read that somewhere yesterday. Certainly not guaranteed success.

No managerial appointment is guaranteed success. I will give Pochettino some slack over his record in the last 40 games. I'm going to assume some of that mediocre record is due to competing in both the CL and Premiership, that kind of intense schedule takes it out on a squad, especially a squad that had little spent on it for a few seasons. Add to that a player or two at Spurs missing out on big money moves and subsequently looking disinterested.

Loving the Man Utd demise....

Every Man Utd fan I have ever crossed paths with has been nothing but an arrogant wankers. Talk down on every every club as they are Man Utd and the opinions of Scottish football and Rangers from them is laughable.

I liked them under Sir Alex but since then I have grown to hate them based on their fan base. They are a tourist club and most of their local fans are armchair fans who talk nonsense.

I hope they suffer even longer and Liverpool win the league this season!

OGS must go, but so must Woodward. Get poch in

You wonder if he is in the right frame of mind to take on another top level rebuilding job - he has had spurs punching above their weight for years but this is obviously his lowest ebb in that time.

I actually wouldn't be surprised to see Brenda being installed as fav if he keeps Leicester ticking along in the next couple of months. I don't think Man U will sack OGS until nearer Christmas but he may decide to walk away if results don't turn.

You wonder if he is in the right frame of mind to take on another top level rebuilding job - he has had spurs punching above their weight for years but this is obviously his lowest ebb in that time.

I actually wouldn't be surprised to see Brenda being installed as fav if he keeps Leicester ticking along in the next couple of months. I don't think Man U will sack OGS until nearer Christmas but he may decide to walk away if results don't turn.
Can they afford to wait until Christmas? I personally hope they do, but by that time they could really be adrift in mid-table, which would be really quite hilarious.

I genuinely believe the board are happy to consolidate mid table this year. Ole has been tasked with getting the prima donas off the pay role and give the team an identity of young UK players again.

Its whether the fans can be patient with that. Maybe they need a transfer ban like Chelsea, their fans seem to be accepting of not challenging due to it.

Chelsea and Man Utd both blooding youngsters this season.

The difference being Chelsea have had all their boys out on loan at a decent level getting them prepared for this opportunity.

Solskjaer is throwing his group in at the deep end and it's not going to end well.

They've major structural problems.

This is what can happen when you don't have a DoF and your board aren't good at making managerial appointments. You lurch from one terrible manager to the next - the entire club stuck in purgatory.

Unfortunately for United, the Glazers do not give one %^*& as long as it's still making money.

Look at how badly they've got recruitment over the past 5 years, you've got Lingard and Rashford on 200-300k a week, Pogba on more than that, they had Sanchez on 300k a week. They're buying players at the wrong age for too much money.

They continue to get the management situation wrong, too much short term thinking which is setting in a massive rot to Manchester United and I for one, couldn't be happier. %^*& EM

Issue they're going to have soon is that although they have a lot of dead wood - they'll struggle to shift them because they're all on ridiculous money that no one else will match!

Can they afford to wait until Christmas? I personally hope they do, but by that time they could really be adrift in mid-table, which would be really quite hilarious.

You know there’s no chance Solskjaer is turning this around, but then, most knew that last season too.

Look at how badly they've got recruitment over the past 5 years, you've got Lingard and Rashford on 200-300k a week, Pogba on more than that, they had Sanchez on 300k a week. They're buying players at the wrong age for too much money.

They continue to get the management situation wrong, too much short term thinking which is setting in a massive rot to Manchester United and I for one, couldn't be happier. %^*& EM
I think they are still paying Sanchez 200k a week and he's not there. Its incredible

History repeating itself,the old ones on here will remember the decline they went into when Busby left and United went through a load of dud managers and even got relegated,Fergie leaves and it looks like it’s all happening again.

The only way I can see man utd becoming a big force again is if they try get poch just now before Madrid try nab him. Only other manager I can think of who'd make them big would be someone at atletico but I don't think he'd leave them unless they offered him crazy money even then they'd find it hard to get him due to his loyalty to atletico. Atm I don't see any manager out there who can change their fortunes. Their recruitment and manager decisions since fergie left have been abysmal. Maguire and pogba for nearly 200m is outrageous theyd be better signing Jack and katic off us and it would cost them a fraction of the price

Certainly came across as a Manchester United fan. Seemed to think that Lennon/Keane could replicate Ferguson/Brian Kidd and that the team needed someone in charge who they would fear when walking into the dressing room after a poor performance. Genuinely appeared to think Lennon/Keane were the ones to do that.
Just goes to show all clubs have their mentalists!

OGS was always a bad appointment. Funny that the media were so keen to push him for the job when he started well, even though there was no requirement to make a decision until the end of that season.

Man United need to overhaul the structure of the Club. Bring in a DoF to run the football department and let Woodward run the business side of the Club.

It's going to take several years for Man United to become competitive again, especially with clubs like Liverpool and Man City unlikely to stand still.

I think of Murty with us being similar, he came in, made some sensible decisions and steadied the mess, but was very soon out his depth.

This is now OGS

They wouldn't go for Stevie would they?

At what point do they realise that they have hired the Norwegian Davie Moyes?

I cannot for the life of me see where United go from here, guys on so much money but they don't give a feck, players getting paid way more than their talents merit, but the fundamental problem is Ferguson allowed a team to grow old together, giggs, Keane, ferdinando, Scholes, neville were going to be nigh on impossible to replace, any manager would struggle to compete with what was left.

Back