Manipulation of Fixtures

Very true. I'm not sure how we address this. Without sympathetic mainstream media, we're also unable to put out our message.
Our media strategy needs sorted out. We have absolutely no way of getting our side out. We can’t go running to outlets who we’ve tried to charge for access and give nothing, just because we have something we want to get out. Celtic would’ve had the media full of reasons not to move the break. Danger of fixture pile up, weather might get bad, get games played while we can.

We were poor this evening, lethargic and lacking creativity.

Had that been played on the scheduled date, things would have been different - at least, our team would not be missing the same players and we had momentum.

Bringing forward the break impacted us. And we played in front of 500.

Compare that to the other mob...
Seen somewhere tonight that the rearranged winter break enabled them by of the 14 players they used v Hivs 10 would not have been available if the break had gone ahead as planned!

Clutching at straws here OP.

Looked like we hadn’t seen a football in 3 weeks never mind trained properly.

Kamara & Sands looked like they’d never met each other, didn’t control the midfield at all.
Lack of positive changes from Gio were very disappointing, brings on Lundstram who makes us WORSE in midfield then gives Sakala & Itten no time to affect the game.

That’s got absolutely f*ck all to do with the fixtures.
Well maybe if the games were played as originally scheduled then that wouldn't have happened.

The corruption in Scottish football is disgusting to me.
I genuinely think if our love of Rangers was not so strong we would have nothing to do with this dire, turgid, manipulated league that we play in.
Contrast that with the joys of playing in Europe in recent years; some amazing highs.
I heard D.Edgar mention in his match summary how bad the product is in Scotland with refs like Clancy running around and being allowed to do what that do. It is true, but sadly it goes well beyond refs and to the highest levels of administration.

Of course it does. It's not an excuse for the poor performance and the questionable tactics. That's a separate discussion.

The point is that the change in the fixtures had a negative impact upon our available personnel and, oddly, benefitted another club.

Would you have wanted Aribo + Arfield available for tonight?
Obviously you want every senior squad member available for the majority of the games.

The fixtures were rescheduled, we deal with it. Have you seen the shambles of the Premier League right now with fixtures getting postponed with 1-2 injuries & 1-2 covid cases? That’s much, much more sinister tbh.

We should still have enough to cuff Aberdeen & the lack of chances created last night was very worrying.

SPFL/SFA can’t afford us to win the league this season. Cinch will pull out of their deal if the winners trophy doesn’t have their logo.

The refereeing last night shows how desperate they are and changing the fixtures was also an act of desperation.

First of all we need to tackle the media bias. They set the agenda with their propaganda and we do nothing to prove their bias.
You are right of course but this is easier said than done. I just can’t see this changing , if anything I see it getting worse

This is why celtic pushed for the early break. They knew what was going to happen with players called up. None of theirs will hence the reason buying them. We should not rely on one or two players to beat scotshit teams

If you listen carefully you can hear the clink of glass between pig eyes Pete & Doncaster.

10 Clubs voted for the break.

Are all 10 of them conspiring against us now?

No. Most clubs dont care what affect it has on us or them. Celtic know this so put forward their ideas and make out its in all our interests. Just like they did when they called the league early to give Celtic 9 or when the SFA/SPFL removed the need for work permits for all clubs. Somehow I dont see Albion Rovers signing any Japanese players.

Last edited:
We played Aberdeen at home after the passing of a club legend which ought to have been all the inspiration the players needed and we still shat the bed.

Doesn’t matter when we play the game, Gio got the tactics wrong and almost every player tonight underperformed.

Sure if we had Aribo and maybe Arfield tonight we might have won. But if we NEED Aribo just to beat Aberdeen we have major problems.
We weren't at the races last night and the SPFL made a decision solely to benefit one club, one that 'coincidentally' happened to disadvantage us as well. Those two things can be true at the same time.

Celtc / SPFL decide when games are played, like they did the other season when the first OF game was pushed back as far as possible. They did similar this season with the winter-break brought forward.

Yet we still have posters on here claiming we're paranoid.

You are right of course but this is easier said than done. I just can’t see this changing , if anything I see it getting worse

Rangers need to employ a researcher to gather and present evidence of media bias. Call them out or just put up with the non stop bias.

One thing we learned and were successful with last season is that to be no 1 in Scotland we have to beat everything this corrupt lot throw at us.
Let’s do it on the park, keep winning and they can’t stop us.
Jan signings could be key for us in the case.

Back