Many Thanks Bears

MearnsUnionist

I recently organised a fundraising project, in conjunction with my Masonic Lodge, Lodge Saint Conval Giffnock No 1359.

The project was to raise enough money to supply every Care Home worker in East Renfrewshire with a protective visor.

The visors give much greater protection than the basic face masks and help protect the care workers and residents from the COVID-19 virus.

I'm delighted to say the target has now been reached and all care workers within Newton Mearns, Giffnock, Clarkston, Busby, Eaglesham, Thornliebank, Barrhead, Neilston and many adjoining areas within Glasgow, will all receive a protective visor.

I take delivery of the first batch of 300 visors this weekend and I'll start distributing them immediately.

Many posters on Follow Follow kindly contributed to the campaign and a huge thank you to you all.

There's too many to name, but you know who you are.

Many, many thanks Bears.

derbybear

I've been doing voluntary work at a drive Triage for people with symptoms of 19 at Derby Uni. There was a box that had been in the gatehouse that had been there everytime that I was on duty so thought I would check the contents - it was full of visors!!! I spoke the the NHS Lead who didn't even know they were there. They have now been sent to some Care Homes!

Mearns U - doing a great job young man.

MearnsUnionist

I've been doing voluntary work at a drive Triage for people with symptoms of 19 at Derby Uni. There was a box that had been in the gatehouse that had been there everytime that I was on duty so thought I would check the contents - it was full of visors!!! I spoke the the NHS Lead who didn't even know they were there. They have now been sent to some Care Homes!

Mearns U - doing a great job young man.

You too mate.

Well done

GovanDerry

Official Ticketer
I recently organised a fundraising project, in conjunction with my Masonic Lodge, Lodge Saint Conval Giffnock No 1359.

The project was to raise enough money to supply every Care Home worker in East Renfrewshire with a protective visor.

The visors give much greater protection than the basic face masks and help protect the care workers and residents from the COVID-19 virus.

I'm delighted to say the target has now been reached and all care workers within Newton Mearns, Giffnock, Clarkston, Busby, Eaglesham, Thornliebank, Barrhead, Neilston and many adjoining areas within Glasgow, will all receive a protective visor.

I take delivery of the first batch of 300 visors this weekend and I'll start distributing them immediately.

Many posters on Follow Follow kindly contributed to the campaign and a huge thank you to you all.

Many, many thanks Bears.
Excellent work bro.

My own lodge made a decent donation to the local Salvation Army food truck which is sat at Govan Cross.

Every little helps at the moment.

There is so much charity work done by Masonic Lodges that goes unrecognised, which tends to go hand in hand with a certain part of society in Scotland who are bitter bigots!

Grigo Yossarian

Well Done mate.

MearnsUnionist

I’d donate too.

I know you would mate and I know many others on here would too, such is the generosity of this place, as I discovered previously, for another fundraiser I was involved with.

The fact it was a local charity, I tried to keep the appeal to East Renfrewshire Bears.

If I could've spread the distribution further afield I would've done, but I'm back at work in a couple of weeks and simply wouldn't have the time.

Many thanks though Grigo.

vinnie

Many, many thanks Bears.
Well done that man, and all involved!

Didn’t know about this but would have been happy to contribute. Next time eh, standing by.
WATP

MearnsUnionist

Excellent work bro.

My own lodge made a decent donation to the local Salvation Army food truck which is sat at Govan Cross.

Every little helps at the moment.

There is so much charity work done by Masonic Lodges that goes unrecognised, which tends to go hand in hand with a certain part of society in Scotland who are bitter bigots!

Great work Brother.

Masonic Lodges do a terrific amount of unseen charity work.

Last edited:

Grigo Yossarian

I know you would mate and I know many others on here would too, such is the generosity of this place, as I discovered previously, for another fundraiser I was involved with.

The fact it was a local charity, I tried to keep the appeal to East Renfrewshire Bears.

If I could've spread the distribution further afield I would've done, but I'm back at work in a couple of weeks and simply wouldn't have the time.

Many thanks though Grigo.
Any time just let me know MU. And great job what you did ;)

Robocop1960

Many, many thanks Bears.
Well done MU you should be proud of your efforts.:)

Sam Minella

Thanks mate, but we've raised far above our target and the campaign has ended.

I've actually checked with Erskine to see if they needed a supply, but thankfully they are sorted.

Whatever surplus we have will go towards another COVID-19 related charity.

Your offer is much appreciated though.
No worries matey, if you run any other East Ren based projects then please let me know as I would love to help out.

I'm originally an East Ren bear as well but I've been exiled to Falkirk :))