Maradona : 7 people charged with homicide

How could somebody like him not be looked after properly? You’d think he’d be in the best of care.

Leopoldo Luque, the neurosurgeon who performed a successful brain operation on Maradona, and psychiatrist Agustina Cosachov, who treated the former Napoli star, are among the seven individuals charged.”

Weird coincidence there that I had to check out as Leopoldo Luque was part of Argentina’s victorious World Cup winning side in 1978 and a team mate of Maradona when they skelped Scotland the following summer.

Could he have gone on to become a brain surgeon, I wondered - not an entirely bizarre notion considering legendary Brazilian skipper Socrates was a doctor - but no, he sadly died from COVID earlier this year.

Because he didnt want to help himself.
I know his lifestyle wasn’t good but when he was ill would he not go into the best hospitals? Would his family or the Argentinian football family not make sure he was in a good hospital? And while he was in hospital why would doctors etc not look after somebody so famous properly?

Is it that they did try to look after him properly but his lifestyle was so bad that there wasn’t much they could do, and these charges are really just a backlash Because such a great Argentinian died?

The charges seem a bit strange tbh.

u8g5Qob.gif

Back