Maradona documentary

Quick Q for the guys asking about it coming to TV or to stream, is there a reason you won't go to the cinema to see it?

Not a pop by any means, it's just that I have been to see it and I honestly think the screen size and sound quality bring so much to the documentary.

He's a disgusting little cheat and I'm very surprised at the adulation some on here seem to have for him given his comments on the Falklands. Absolutely despise the filthy wee rat.

C,unt of a man , but the best player to ever play the game .

Got to be honest while Diego was poetry with a ball at his feet Italy was the most corrupt place on earth at the time. The golden boy Rossi was done for match fixing and Juventus got hammered. Given the type of people Diego was involved with Iv a feeling refs were not being bought but actually having threats made that they would be done in if results did not go Napolis way.

It was a scary place. Still is.

It’s long been rumoured this Napoli threw the 1988 title as the mafia stood to lose too much money if they won.

It's not based on a book. Its the directors own view on things based on hundreds of hours of footage taken over many years.

He had guys filming his every move as they planned to make a movie back in the day. Right back to his days in Argentina.

I thought it was excellent. The sound in the cinema made it really pop at times. Naples looks a mental place esp at that time.
Well according to the book it's based on the book that I'm reading.

Went to see it last week, I thought it was excellent from start to finish.
Not condoning some of his behaviour, but what he had to deal with off the field and then have numerous less talented players try to ensure his career was ended on the field would be enough to give most people mental health issues.
What is often forgotten is how often for both club and country he would be facing players who's tactics were to ,ahem, physically intimidate him, with much less protection from officials......but often these are the same players who would use his famous hand ball to criticize Diego.
Hand ball is cheating,but so is trying to snap an opponents leg.

Not condoning some of his behaviour, but what he had to deal with off the field and then have numerous less talented players try to ensure his career was ended on the field would be enough to give most people mental health issues.
What is often forgotten is how often for both club and country he would be facing players who's tactics were to ,ahem, physically intimidate him, with much less protection from officials......but often these are the same players who would use his famous hand ball to criticize Diego.

i always laugh at butcher and shilton banging on about it, its pathetic.

he got kicked off the park each week , i dont mind him showing that side of him, look at suarez these days its a crazy will to win , boys that came from nothing to having too much.

i always laugh at butcher and shilton banging on about it, its pathetic.

he got kicked off the park each week , i dont mind him showing that side of him, look at suarez these days its a crazy will to win , boys that came from nothing to having too much.

Shilton does simply to deflect from his part in it. His attempt at going for the ball is pure cowardice. Even Hateley says in his book that he blames Shilton for it.

Quick Q for the guys asking about it coming to TV or to stream, is there a reason you won't go to the cinema to see it?

Not a pop by any means, it's just that I have been to see it and I honestly think the screen size and sound quality bring so much to the documentary.

They are only showing it in Glasgow, Aberdeen and Edinburgh. Great if you stay in any of those places, shit if you don’t. I’d like to see it, but I’m not travelling an hour for the privilege.

Got to be honest while Diego was poetry with a ball at his feet Italy was the most corrupt place on earth at the time. The golden boy Rossi was done for match fixing and Juventus got hammered. Given the type of people Diego was involved with Iv a feeling refs were not being bought but actually having threats made that they would be done in if results did not go Napolis way.

It was a scary place. Still is.

Funny how The Vatican state resides in Rome too when you talk about corruption and murder etc.

Maybe I'm cynical but can't be a coincidence. :rolleyes:

Boycotting Cineworld.

Add into that the state of some of the pitches he played on also.

The guy was an absolute freak and magician. Too survive as long as he did without career threatening injury is staggering.

Simply The Greatest Ever.

Both great but disagree. Maradona better and played when defenders could kick u all over the park.

Great point mate, but there also wasn’t the level of athleticism that modern day players have to contend with, different eras so it’s hard to get a true comparison, but Diego is still my favourite player..

Messi is on a completely different level to Cristiano Ronaldo.
This is very true imo. Messi and diego were both on a different sphere to anything ive ever seen. Ronaldo is an awesome player too but for sheer ability the argie 2 win it hands down

Back