Maradona - The Child Genius Who Became the Fulfilment of a Prophecy

drgriffen

Really good article by Jonathan Wilson about Maradona:

An article from the Blizzard explaining the importance of the pibe in Argentinean football:

Edit: Excellent article by Rory Smith:

Edit: Gab Marcotti:

Last edited:
Great stuff mate. Apart from our current form, 2020 has very little going for it though

An article from the Blizzard explaining the importance of the pibe in Argentinean football:

Brilliant. Cheers mate.

Comes across more as Wilson picking out all the bad and forgetting the good. A personal vendetta against the great man.

Maradonna will be remembered more for what he did with a ball at his feet than what he put up his nose.

Flawed genius everybody loves them sublime talent
I often wonder why more players of top quality don’t go off the rails especially now with media obsession and the pressure and the constant attention

Comes across more as Wilson picking out all the bad and forgetting the good. A personal vendetta against the great man.

Maradonna will be remembered more for what he did with a ball at his feet than what he put up his nose.
Agreed, at least wait a week or so.

Some great reads there. I don't think I've been as saddened by a celebrity death since James Gandolfini in 2013. Anyone who loves football surely has to love Maradona. One of the very few to transcend the game.

Back