Marco Negri Instagram - Cabin Fever in Bologna

So we all agreed . Marco was Ill.Hes ok now. So hes a good guy .Perugia and vicenza fans saying the same?

A lot is said about Mental health and supporting people on this forum, quite rightly, well I suggest people read Marco’s story before judging

He’s said many times how much he fucked it up and he’s sorry

Does it make up for it? No because we are all uber staunch. But Marco isn’t a bad guy, he’s just a guy who made mistakes and has done loads of charity etc for us and fans to try and make a small difference

Fwiw, Marco has done plenty and is due on my podcast, not once has he demanded a penny or ‘moneygrabbed’ (plenty others have btw)

Do I forgive him? I certainly understand. Marco isn’t a legend and yes he fucked up, but maybe more to it than him being an arsehole

In these days where it’s fashionable to boot our club, he never does

Just my thoughts

That’s good enough for me.

You have posted similar on other Negri threads and made me rethink my own views on the guy.

Mad basturt. Loved him and up there with our most frustrating signings like Kuznetsov and Rosenthal.
I intended to add Daniel Prodan to the two you mentioned, so checked on line to make sure my memory was still working. As I thought, he failed to make a competitive appearance for Rangers, through injury.
I was unaware that, sadly, the big fella had passed away in 2016, at the age of 44, from a heart attack.

It was and even still is bizarre. Remembering loving him for those 6months. However him not celebrating goals became very strange.

Always think about how we had him and Michael Mols here at the same time. Imagine what a partnership that could have been with them both at their best.

I’m totally indifferent to anything Negri says or does. He scored a lot of goals in a short period of time but we eventually won nothing that season. He hung around like a bad smell for a couple of seasons then left. Ultimately, a failure, given that Rangers players are judged on the trophies they win. I don’t love the guy, I don’t hate him, he’s just a curious footnote in our history who isn’t really worthy of much (any) attention.

A lot is said about Mental health and supporting people on this forum, quite rightly, well I suggest people read Marco’s story before judging

Does it make up for it? No because we are all uber staunch. But Marco isn’t a bad guy, he’s just a guy who made mistakes and has done loads of charity etc for us and fans to try and make a small difference

Fwiw, Marco has done plenty and is due on my podcast, not once has he demanded a penny or ‘moneygrabbed’ (plenty others have btw)

Do I forgive him? I certainly understand. Marco isn’t a legend and yes he fucked up, but maybe more to it than him being an arsehole

Just my thoughts

he might be a great guy that helps by contributing to your show but he will always be the guy who massively let me down then hung about for the next 3 years collecting money for nothing.

Just my thoughts
I’d prefer he kept a low profile and if he wants to support Rangers then do it on the quiet. Pretending like he the biggest Rangers fan is nauseating.
This guy let us down when we needed it most

Can you ask him when you next speak to him when his next book about his time at rangers is coming out please?
I cant wait...

To be fair, if you’re referring to TIAR then a whole lot of people who are revered as legends on here also let us down when we needed them.
Yes, I agree there were others blowing out their arse that season but many of the were finished. Gough, McCoist, Gazza and Goram all world class players who were past their best.

Marco Negri was not passed it. His goals, if he had kept his gentleman’s sausage in his pants, would have won us TIAR. Instead we were relying on Coisty to roll back the years.

He did, he’s not the first and he won’t be the last either & I don’t & haven’t disagreed with anyone on that point

Not a case of sucking of to him either mate, I simply accept that there is circumstances of his MH

On the MH side of it I think it’s a shame folk still seem to disregard that aspect, especially in this day and age. Having been on here a long time I still think there is a tendency for folk to believe it can’t be much of a factor if someone has a lot of money in the bank, which in itself it’s absurd given the number of rich and famous people who have seen no way out and ended up taking their own lives.

Last edited:
The amount of rangers fans who call him legend on Instagram etc is astonishing.. this guy gave us 5mnth then couldnt give a %^*& after that... i have no time for him..

You epitomise all that is so wrong with social media ,you typed that shite out on a whim and put it out there without any real intelligence behind it .

It’s too easy these days

Yes, I agree there were others blowing out their arse that season but many of the were finished. Gough, McCoist, Gazza and Goram all world class players who were past their best.

Marco Negri was not passed it. His goals, if he had kept his gentleman’s sausage in his pants, would have won us TIAR. Instead we were relying on Coisty to roll back the years.

It wasn’t their ability that let us down, it was their lack of application - same as Negri. And the tone wasnt exactly set with the manager announcing he was for the off either.

Back