Marcus Maddison - I'm A Rangers Man

E10H

marcus_maddison_of_peterborough_united_during_the_fa_cup_4th_rou_948229.jpg

Rangers have been impressing under Steven Gerrard, but if they need anything in the January transfer window, it's another playmaker to create from the middle of the park.

The Gers have so far been relying on young Liverpool loanee Ovie Ejaria for creativity, but Rangers simply must consider other options in the January transfer window.

One player they could look to is Marcus Maddison, the Peterborough United star who can not only play as a creative midfield player, but also wide on the right, cutting in on his superb left foot.

The 25-year-old has starred for the Posh since his 2014 move from Gateshead, and he will be allowed to leave in January having struck an agreement to go if Posh didn't win promotion when he signed a new deal in 2017.

Maddison will be a target for a number of clubs in January, and he would certainly be an appealing target for Rangers given his availability and record in League One.

Maddison hit a staggering 23 assists last season as well as 12 goals, whilst he has already grabbed three assists this term to cement himself as one of the greatest creative players in the Football League.

marcus_maddison_of_peterborough_united_during_the_sky_bet_league_948238.jpg

Rangers fans have also been drawn to an Instagram message posted by Maddison on Sunday, as he was asked whether he preferred Celtic or Rangers – and declared that he is 'a Rangers man'.

It could have been a simple answer to the question or a come-and-get-me-plea – but with Gerrard needing creativity from midfield, Maddison is one player he should certainly consider, especially with his love for Rangers now known.

23hu8f5.jpg

No we shouldn't.
There is undoubtedly talent to be found at this level, our own club captain being an obvious example, this snobbery about signing players from lesser teams really ought to stop.
There will be bargains to be had but the bulk of league one players are playing at that level for a reason. England is also generally an expensive market. What sort of fee would be involved for this guy?

Now that is one sweet left foot. Some of those strikes are almost Hammeresque. He looks pretty two footed, with a fair turn of pace and his finishing looked really composed. He also ticks the left footed dead ball option box. He may be playing in league one but some tremendous strikes in there. Great answer to the question too. He would definitely be worth our scouting department having a look at but I would be surprised if they weren't already aware of him.

Now that is one sweet left foot. Some of those strikes are almost Hammeresque. He looks pretty two footed, with a fair turn of pace and his finishing looked really composed. He also ticks the left footed dead ball option box. He may be playing in league one but some tremendous strikes in there. Great answer to the question too. He would definitely be worth our scouting department having a look at but I would be surprised if they weren't already aware of him.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

He's currently the best player in the lower leagues 1/2 in England right now and could easily make the step up I'd have no problem with us making a move for him although the Peterborough chairman is a nightmare to deal with

Keepers all at fault.

Exactly what I was going to add. How bad are the keepers at this level. He literally tries the same 35/40 yarder two or three times in one game in the same half and each time the goal keeper is flapping badly. Clearly a great left foot but not convinced he would go on to be that good for us. Reminds me of templeton in the way he runs and I wouldn’t be shocked if templeton stood out at that level if he applied himself.

Back