Marcus Rashford And Sir Alex Ferguson.

Or maybe just trying to help out where he can?

I doubt for a second there is anything remotely political from Ferguson.
I would concur mate. Fergie is surely adding his considerable gravitas to Rashford’s cause. It’s too easy to be cynical when observing acts of altruism by celebrities. I genuinely think that the lad is trying to do the right thing and if others like Fergie can lend a hand to help the cause, then more power to them in that if you ask me.

If people want to attach political motivation to it, then fair enough - it’s hard to dismiss the credence of drawing such a conclusion. I reckon the thing to do is focus on the genesis of the project, and Marcus wants to use his influence to help fewer kids be at the mercy of circumstances that he and others like him had to endure when he was younger.

Good on him.

Or maybe just trying to help out where he can?

I doubt for a second there is anything remotely political from Ferguson.
No, but it does reflect poorly on the Tories who just appear unable to connect with people at this time in our history.
Boris and his cohorts are a bumbling gang of useless humanity.

No, but it does reflect poorly on the Tories who just appear unable to connect with people at this time in our history.
Boris and his cohorts are a bumbling gang of useless humanity.
Every government has let people down though, there just seem to be people who revel in this as if it's something that has only ever happened under a Tory government.

It's boring.

Every government has let people down though, there just seem to be people who revel in this as if it's something that has only ever happened under a Tory government.

It's boring.

Mate they can't even welcome great news like this without a shot at the Torys. Its brutal. As if poverty never existed during labour governments.

Anyway no point derailing an excellent thread. Marcus Rashford is an outstanding role model btw. He doesnt need to do things like this, it would be far easier for him to pull the ladder up and forget where he came from. An absolute credit to his family and the premiership

Mate they can't even welcome great news like this without a shot at the Torys. Its brutal. As if poverty never existed during labour governments.

Anyway no point derailing an excellent thread. Marcus Rashford is an outstanding role model btw. He doesnt need to do things like this, it would be far easier for him to pull the ladder up and forget where he came from. An absolute credit to his family and the premiership
It's already been derailed - arsehole behaviour and absolutely need for it at all - just my opinion.

Marcus Rashford appears to be a worthy role model. Looks to be genuine about helping others for the right reasons without causing an unnecessary fuss.

I like the cut of his jib.

He's just bought 5 houses in Cheshire at a cost of £2 million. I think he's planning to use these to help the homeless.

He deserves a knighthood.

He's just bought 5 houses in Cheshire at a cost of £2 million. I think he's planning to use these to help the homeless.

He deserves a knighthood.
The lad is going out and putting something in place to benefit people who literally don’t have a pot to piss in.

He is a well paid footballer for Manchester United & England and is using that profile to benefit the scheme he is putting forward.. sniping at him because he is also putting in place something that will give him & his family financial stability after his career is over is a bit shitty.

The lad is going out and putting something in place to benefit people who literally don’t have a pot to piss in.

He is a well paid footballer for Manchester United & England and is using that profile to benefit the scheme he is putting forward.. sniping at him because he is also putting in place something that will give him & his family financial stability after his career is over is a bit shitty.

He's putting money in to a number of projects. For a starter the 1.3 million starving children now get £15 per week for school dinners during the school holidays. That alone costs £400 million.

I hope he tackles the problem of childhood obesity said to affect in excess of 20% of kids. A problem thats worrying health professionals as its on the rise. The Tories need to put money into this instead of wasting it on the 10 Nightingale hospitals, none of which were needed until this week. Then there's all those unused ventillators bought from buddies of the Tories who cant wait to sell the NHS.

Now we've got £400 billion of debt and the poor public sector workers cant get a pay rise.

Still find it bizarre when I see people on social media criticise what Rashford’s doing.

Some nasty bastards out there.

Its people like you who prevent others from discussing subjects like this in a rational manner. Name calling and abuse shuts down debate and leads to bad decisions based on missinformation and emotion.

Handing out food vouchers to parents isnt the best way to tackle childhood poverty in my opinion. Politicians should be left to tackle these problems as they have all the necessary information required to make sensible and informed choices.

The country's economy is wrecked mainly due to the virus but also partly attributeable to poor decisions forced on the government by well meaning but missinformed individuals and groups including the media.

The country's economy is wrecked mainly due to the virus but also partly attributeable to poor decisions forced on the government by well meaning but missinformed individuals and groups including the media.
The media have wrecked the economy. Nice one. Which particular media?

Imagine the "fund" that could be created if every player in the EPL donated to it.

Imagine the fund that could be created if the government increased income tax for those earning above a certain amount?

Christ they might even have been able to give my wife her pension 4 years ago as originally planned but then they need the money for other more important things, dont they?

The media have wrecked the economy. Nice one. Which particular media?

Did you miss the word "including"?

Just about every news item on the tv challenges the UK Govt to spend money. Everything the govt does is wrong. Its a non stop barrage of complaints and demands for more money to be put into everything and anything. There's no let up.

More money for NHS, schools, transport, universities, devolution, industry, mental health, care homes, new housing, removal of cladding, pay for public service workers and others, welfare benefits including UC, help for northern communities and devolved administrations, the virus including test and trace, PPE, ventillators, Nightingale Hospitals (unused till now), free school dinners, housing benefits, temp accommodation, homelessness services, etc etc etc. But no one wants to pay. That's for others.

Back