Mario Balotelli (not a signing suggestion)

Clubdeckg

Brescia owner Massimo Cellino says he regrets signing former Manchester City and Liverpool forward Mario Balotelli.

Balotelli, 29, scored five times for his hometown club after signing last summer.

But Cellino said he can leave the club, who are bottom of Serie A - nine points from safety.

"He doesn't show up to training, he doesn't look very committed let's say, for the future of the club," he said. "That's the problem."

Speaking to the World Football Show on BBC World Service, Cellino added: "Balotelli's got a contract in Serie A, but he doesn't have a contract in Serie B. So if we're relegated, Balotelli won't have a contract any more.

"Balotelli apparently doesn't like to stay in Italy any more because he's not acting that way.

"I think we both made a mistake. I thought that coming to Brescia, which is his town, would commit him very much. At the same time, I think he was handled the wrong way by my previous coach [Eugenio Corini]."

Looks like Brescia have had enough of him! 29 now, where does he go from here?

I never got all this “could be one of the best in the world” that used to surround him. I get that he made for a really entertaining sideshow, would occasionally score a screamer and was good at tucking penalties away. But the truth is he’s never had the tools to be one of the world’s top strikers even if he had the right attitude.

Last edited:
Is that the guy who used to own Leeds? (Cellino)

Yip the very guy.

I’ll hazard a guess and say a move to China or the Middle East is only place for him to go, unless a MLS team stupidly come in for him.

Showed that he can be a brilliant player in glimpses in his career but overall he could’ve done soooo much better if he applied himself. Still a character none the less.

Yip the very guy.

I’ll hazard a guess and say a move to China or the Middle East is only place for him to go, unless a MLS team stupidly come in for him.

Oh well, given how much of a CNut he was it would be funny to see MB bankrupt him and his club and THEN move to China :D

I never got all this “could be one of the best” in the world” that used to surround him. I get that he made for a really entertaining sideshow, would occasionally score a screamer and was good at tucking penalties away. But the truth is he’s never had the tools to be one of the world’s top strikers even if he had the right attitude.

It’s an utter nonsense.

Nobody who watched Balotelli week in week out genuinely thought he’d be great.

Ballotelli should’ve stayed at City and became their ‘Origi’ / ‘Solsjkaer’. A player you can bring into the game to make an impact when you need it most. He was never going to be a starter at City though, he’s nowhere near as good as Aguero and was levels behind Dzeko too.

Hard to believe he's only 29.... feels like he's been around for 20 years! I might be in the minority, but I do feel he was a waste of talent.

I seem to remember him being subject to pretty awful racism over there from opposition fans on more than one occasion - not sure my heart would be 100% in it either were I in his position.

I never got all this “could be one of the best in the world” that used to surround him. I get that he made for a really entertaining sideshow, would occasionally score a screamer and was good at tucking penalties away. But the truth is he’s never had the tools to be one of the world’s top strikers even if he had the right attitude.

this. His attitude makes in pretty much impossible for him to commit to a game plan.

It would help if he wasn't slaughtered for being angry and upset at blatant racism. Would you turn up to work if your company owners more or less told you to man up when you received racist abuse?

He attracts racist abuse in Italy. Italian football is sickeningly riddled with racism. That doesn't explain why he was a letdown in England and in France. Talented enough to have done far more in the game than he has.

the Rangers of the 90s under walter smith would have took him and he would have tamed him
If Balotelli had shown form over a prolonged period maybe, but he hasn’t done it in his 10+ year career. An absolute waster who hasn’t gave a %^*& about actually playing football. He’s only in the game for money reasons.

Will never reach his full potential. His mentality towards his career is shocking.

A prime Jose Mourinho couldn’t change his ways, that for me speaks volumes.

Spot on, after he scored two against Germany the footballing world were pulling their plungers in excitement that this was him going to crack on now and fulfil his potential. The boy has made an absolute mint from being an average player.

I'm not a fan of the guy but I'd argue there was a spell in 2012 he looked like he had a chance of becoming something. He was 22, won the league and scored 17 goals for City and then led the line for Italy pretty well at Euro 2012 who got to the final. That on top of his 3 Serie A titles, Champions League and a Golden Boy award is some start to your career for a 22 year old.

Post summer 2012 his goal tally at AC Milan and Nice are the only real highlights and the downward trend of club size tells you all you need to know really.

I've never thought the guy was prolific.

He talked a good game better than he played it.

That being said, he's a very generous guy. He's helped out so many people in need whenever he's went.

Did he really though?

I genuinely cant remember him being a standout in any game ever.

He was very good at euro 2012 when italy finished runners up to spain and he was absolutely sensational in the semi when they beat Germany he was the standout player by a mile in that game

Did he really though?

Did he really though?

Against Germany at Euro 2012 he was particularly brilliant. Was a good tournament for him. Had decent goal returns at Man City & Milan, this was him hardly training. If he put in the effort he could have been a top player.

Did mourinho not day he was un-coachable, seem to remember an incident mario refused to help inter defend a corner in a euro tie and Jose went tits after the game.

Listened to an interview on talk sport maybe 2 weeks ago(Glen Johnson I think) who said Rodgers let him away with murder during training.

For me he seems to have had plenty ability but just can’t screw the nut.

Did mourinho not day he was un-coachable, seem to remember an incident mario refused to help inter defend a corner in a euro tie and Jose went tits after the game.

Listened to an interview on talk sport maybe 2 weeks ago(Glen Johnson I think) who said Rodgers let him away with murder during training.

For me he seems to have had plenty ability but just can’t screw the nut.

Done well at the 2012 Euros but has done nothing of note ever since. Another case of a player who got rich at a young age and stopped trying or caring to be a good footballer.

Some of these football clubs are like battered housewife's thinking they can change him and it will be different this time...file under a far more talented Ravel Morrison and Berahino

Still scored a lot of goals for Inter, Man City, AC Milan and tore up Ligue 1 with Nice and Marseille fairly recently. Won the Champions League, won Serie A three times, won the English Premier League, helped Italy to the Euro 2012 final.

He never lived up to his potential but it's not quite right to say he didn't have a lot of ability. He's had a damn good career by anyone's standards.

rvdDinE.gif

why always me....because you are one of the biggest pricks to ever play football at a professional level .
total waster of a man

Back