Mario Jardel

East Fife and Kilmarnock got the last 2 WP's. Think there was 10 in total allowed in Scotland

Rumour has it the Tims were about to sell Vata and when they found out his WP would be going to Jardel they pulled the plug on the dea.

There was only so many work permits allocated and when a club gave one up it was available to other clubs for 30 days or something before it became available again to the club that had it.

So we sold Salenko, had to wait 30 days before we could use it for Jardel but Kilmarnock took it on the 29th day or something and hence the Jardel move fell through. He then signs for Porto and gets a Portuguese passport.

He went a bit loopy later in his career when his marriage broke down I think.

Did Allardye not try him at Bolton and he was a couple of stone overweight and did nothing?

There was only so many work permits allocated and when a club gave one up it was available to other clubs for 30 days or something before it became available again to the club that had it.

So we sold Salenko, had to wait 30 days before we could use it for Jardel but Kilmarnock took it on the 29th day or something and hence the Jardel move fell through. He then signs for Porto and gets a Portuguese passport.

We were behaving very strangely in the transfer market around that time with regard to forwards. Chasing all sorts of players who were very different in style.

Scotland only had 10 non-European work permits and some utterly shite players from a tiny club got the tenth in the day's before Jardel was suppose to sign. That's from Walter Smith.

The one that got away.

It's hard to put into words how unbelievable he would have been for us. He'd have taken us to the next level.

He went a bit loopy later in his career when his marriage broke down I think.

Did Allardye not try him at Bolton and he was a couple of stone overweight and did nothing?
He did sign for Bolton didn't he?
Did fack all

Allardyce was on talksport this morning saying he was the heaviest player and had the highest body fat percentage of the whole Bolton squad when he was there. The team nicknamed him Lardel. Very original.

Allardyce was on Talksport this morning and was asked who was the most out of shape player he had come across. Said it was Jardel or 'Lardel' as they called him at Bolton!

345 goals in 443 games according to wiki. That's some record!

Allardyce was on talksport this morning saying he was the heaviest player and had the highest body fat percentage of the whole Bolton squad when he was there. The team nicknamed him Lardel. Very original.

Beat me to it

He would have won us the Champions League. Did we not go back in for him round about McLeish's time too?

I think he was the top scorer in the CL in his first season with Porto..

First CL game with Porto - Milan in the San Siro.

Porto 2-1 down. Jardel comes off the bench and wins it 3-2 for them with a double.

He'd have been hacked to pieces by various hammer throwers looking to make a name for themselves.

Different game in Portugal, little bit more technical/tactical, still, you wonder what he could've done had the signing went through.

Back