Marius Zaliukas 1983-2020 - RIP

Let's just remind ourselves what kind of guy this was and what he achieved.

He had an absolutely horrendous start at hearts, not helped by the fact he was a Lithuanian at the time. He dug in, worked tirelessly and somehow ended up captaining the club long after Romanov and all the other Liths left.

He captained Hearts to the greatest day in their history scoring derby winners along the way.

He then moved onto Leeds and us. Huge teams with huge expectations thrust on him by supporters desperate to see their clubs back where they belong. He didn't set the world alight at either club, yet certainly played a part during his stints at each.

Horrendous news. Far, far too young.

I actually have very little recollection of him at Rangers. I guess I have blanked out a lot of those years.

RIP

Very sad news. Only a pup at 36. Such a cruel year. Hope his family can take comfort from the fact he achieved what many young men dream of, playing the great game for a living. RIP.

Terribly sad news to hear of the passing of Marius. A young man taken far far too soon.
Sincere thoughts go out to all family and friends.

Mourning my uncle of 85 who died yesterday. 36 by comparison is absolutely no age at which to pass. Very sad news and terrible for his family.

A son at 6 months old.

Fuc.k me.

Im sure he’ll be proud of his old mans achievements to reach such a high level in his sport and battle his illness away from the public eye.

I hope we make a place for the young man at Ibrox any time he wishes to visit and be a part of his fathers career.

Horrible news. Whats the chances of us having 2 players from the lower division teams passing at such a young age

I have no real memories of the guy as a rangers player but that's neither here nor there. Puts the fear in you when a fit, young man dies. Tragic. Rest in peace big man.

Back