Mark Allen doesn’t fool me - what has he contributed at Rangers, asks Kris Boyd

Lets not kid ourselves on here when it comes to Boyd

Boyd is (and always) will be bitter about Dave King comments about his part in the team that finished 3rd in the Scottish championship and then got humiliated by Motherwell when they beat us 6 -1'over a 2 leg play off

He is also bitter because his wee pal Barry was overlooked by Pedro. (And before people start saying he was right if we had Barry then we wouldn't have got Morelos)

On Morelos, maybe Boyd is wanting him to do what he done, run down his contract and leave the club for.nothing.

Remember it was Boyd who wanted to fight for his place and didn't leave in the January when we got a bid in but he did %^*& off in that summer for %^*& all (to work with the best coach he has ever worked with)

The sad thing is on Saturday that our support will give more stick to current players and they will to this fat lady's front bottom

I just hope that minority will make Boyd know exactly how we feel about him,

Get him to %^*&

Boyd;
Ranjurs huv mer money than everycunt
Ranjurs don’t offer enuf money for players
Ranjurs are skint
Ma pals are well better than they foreigners
Wit huz Mark Allen evun dun
Ranjurs are shite by the way
Rinse and repeat.

I’ve noticed there’s an ever increasing shift towards making Allen the fall guy. Now, he’s clearly culpable in some way, but the manager has the final say so I don’t think it’s really sensible to continue to deflect the blame, when at the end of the day, Allen simply provides options and the players in the squad are still better than what’s in Aberdeen’s squad and Allen isn’t the man on the touchline when they’re papping us out of cups.
It’s a definite narrative. I had the misfortune to hear a few minutes of Clyde last night and Mark Wilson was going to town on Mark Allen. He was doing his usual where he starts speaking quickly and mixing up his words as he said “Where is he? What does he do? Does he even get on with Gerrard?”.
Why they f.uck would an ex-Yahoo be so concerned about a backroom staff member at Rangers? Can anyone name anybody in Celtc’s Backroom staff nevermind be so concerned about their role?
Mark Wilson is very quickly morphing into Tom Boyd, which sadly for him is a waste of time because that lot hate him with a passion due to his role as a “grass” in the Ashton Lane incident.

The usual slag Boyd posts on here when he is bang on the money in some of this article.
I dread to think what it would have been like on here when one of our greatest ever players wrote a similar article in his column about Davie Whyte and why he has to go. He became our manager after writing that scathing article and won us our only European trophy and brought a guy to the club who stopped their 10 in a row. No not advocating Boyd as a potential manager.

Boyd plays for the club we are playing tomorrow and he is writing a column criticising our DOF, and people are congratulating it? I think this crosses a very fine line here. The article itself is just the usual little thought rhetoric on the whole, because compare what the team was before Allen began his role here. I'll repeat what I said earlier on this thread, Gerrard is the main man at Rangers right now, in terms of the playing side, and what he thinks about our DOF is the only thing that matters; we'll to me anyway.

So who is shifting the blame onto Mark allen with a media savvy campaign ?

DK ?
SG?
SR ?
Disgruntled players ?
Disgruntled agents ?

Dont we play his side at the weekend?

Whilst there are some truths there are also inaccuracies and he's deliberately stirring it before we play them as per usual

He should choose one job. Rent a gub or failing footballer as doing both could at times look like disrepute.

Çandeias is not a CM, and Grezda has played on the right; he was on the right in his best performance this season, against Hearts. This article is shambolic anyway, but in my opinion gives a no respect to the club whatsoever in terms of where we have been and the scale the task facing us. Mark Allen has never bigged himself up either, not publicly anyway, and carries himself off very well in terms of how he conducts himself in interviews. Anyone blaming any individual, whether it be management, board/executive, or player is way off the beam in my opinion; just as this article is. The context is extremely important here; the context of this club finding it's feet again, which is not going to happen in a short time, either financially or on the park. Mark Allen, and Steven Gerrard, deserve a lot more respect than what is said here.

"Morelos should be giving Rangers more"
" The best left back in the building is Lee Wallace"
Some good points made by fat boy in that article completely destroyed by the two ive quoted.
Was going to post the same thing. Especially about Morelos that's just brain dead. If it wasn't for that he would have been bang on.

In saying that there's something definitely not right with a current player being allowed to continually criticise other clubs, managers and players.

Can’t believe folk on here think he is right about Wallace.

Lee Wallace’s performances were slaughtered on here, and thats when he was fit. He came on against St Johnstone and his man scored.

The usual slag Boyd posts on here when he is bang on the money in some of this article.
I dread to think what it would have been like on here when one of our greatest ever players wrote a similar article in his column about Davie Whyte and why he has to go. He became our manager after writing that scathing article and won us our only European trophy and brought a guy to the club who stopped their 10 in a row. No not advocating Boyd as a potential manager.

Sadly a lot of his points are valid...its just hard to stomach both in terms of content and who is delivering it. LW was a better LB than Borna, but big Lee has been out of the game too long, he is very unlikely to ever achieve previous levels of form. But Borna needs to grow a set and get street wise.

Dorran's did sign for us, but really hasn't played due to injury, so rhyming off names means nothing if they aren't available.

But we all need to accept we (club) have to learn from mistakes and fix them pronto.

That said, I just think the players need to stand up and be counted.’’

Kris pal...you played in a multimillion pound team who finished 3rd under Eck, you downed tools under Le Guen & you scored 3 goals in 29 apps in the Scottish Championship.

I send you no regards
Jimmy”

:)

Weir who is 48 years old and Thomson who retired 3 years ago??

Wallace is 31 ffs, did you let your wean log onto FF tonight?

Your criteria is that you’ve watched someone over the last 8 years. You’re clearly hard of thinking if you can’t join the dots. Although that was obvious when you suggested a player who hasn’t kicked a ball in 2 years to be the saviour of our season.

Looks to me like he’s had a peek on here to see what we’re moaning about then got his mate to draft up an article for him.

Last edited:
Because of his standing the common tactic seems to be indirect, sleekit attack, undermine the manager via proxy. He has the backing of the genuine support so it's not smart to go for him directly just now, therefore it's Allen and suddenly. All going to plan it'll move on and be the partnership under fire; Allen and Gerrard, after all he was happy with his contribution, both in it together.
When the moment arises they'll ditch the attacks on the DoF and focus on the manager.

Your criteria is that you’ve watched someone over the last 8 years. You’re clearly hard of thinking if you can’t join the dots. Although that was obvious when you suggested a player who hasn’t kicked a ball in 2 years to be the saviour of our season.

You lose any credibility with your last sentence, I simply said Wallace would offer more than Barisic not overturn the 8 point gap single handedly

you are either trolling or very simple minded

I remember when he was there the 1st time i was in hospitality and he came in as a guest because he was injured along with Kenny miller. As they were leaving there as u can imagine was a clamour to get autgraphs pics etc.. boyds contract was up at the jan window was closed just about every bear there was asking u staying big man etc he completely ignored every question signed barely a couple n bailed. He just seemed so arrogant and couldnt get away quick enough never smiled once.

Fat dick.

Good point. We didn’t win every game in every competition we played in.

We’ve had 3 cracks at the sheep in cups this season and not won any of them. That just wouldn’t have happened in Smiths time. This team doesn’t know how to grind out results like Smiths teams, Boyd has it right despite you arguing over semantics.

You say we ground out results but shit still happened on his watch.

Newly promoted Falkirk put him out the cup at Ibrox. Infact, we had three shots against a Falkirk just promoted in 94/95 at Ibrox and never won one of them. This with Laudrup and Boli in the team.

A shit Hibs team knocked us out at Hampden. Aberdeen knocked us out at Hampden. Dundee United knocked us out of the cup at home. And away. A Hearts team who finished two points above the relegation play off put us out the cup by scoring 4 goals. First Division Dundee drew with us in the cup at Ibrox.

As for Boyd ? First 12 months of his time here he lost 0-3 at home to Hibs in the cup, 0-2 at home to a lower league team in the cup and then 2-3 in the cup to Dunfermline who got relegated that season.

Jeezo, Souness lost at home to Hamilton. And got knocked out by relegated Dunfermline a year later.

Boyd's "This wouldn't have happened in my day" is absolute bullshit. Yet no one will call him out for it. This is him peddling his agenda with lies and inaccuracies. If it was Sutton doing the same, this place would be in meltdown.

Gerrard's team HAS ground out results this season. 10 men won at Tynecastle. And at Pittodrie. 9 men qualified in Ufa. 10 men held Villarreal goal less and who by the way have just humped Zenit home and away. We have beaten Celtic after 2 seasons of being their punching bag.

Tuesday was a bad one. But it's nothing that hasn't happened before.

Last edited:
Is there a narrative forming against Mark Allen all of a sudden?

Fairly obvious that there is.

Seems to be the usual posters who pop up every time with the "rumours flying about" chat that someone's not happy behind the scenes. They've appeared again in the last week talking about Mark Allen.

Allen's signings must be scrutinised. To blindly not question them would see us going down the same paths as before with heads in sand.

A lot of his recruitment has been very poor.
His 18 month pursuit of a mediocre spl in Jones just makes no sense.

If that's the level of his recruitment then we will do nothing again next season.

Can’t believe folk on here think he is right about Wallace.

Lee Wallace’s performances were slaughtered on here, and thats when he was fit. He came on against St Johnstone and his man scored.

It's absolute nonsense. He's not even match fit, hasn't played in months and I can't remember the last time he performed?

Even in his prime, Lee Wallace was a limited defender who got it in the neck for failing to defend properly.

Many are questioning Mark Allen and his signings, he was here before Gerrard and I'd imagine he's had a hand in a number of recent signings. That's not shifting the blame away from Gerrard.

I'm not going to get annoyed about what Kris Boyd has to say, we've more important issues to worry about and the man became an non entity the second he signed second time around.

Reactions: MSF
You lose any credibility with your last sentence, I simply said Wallace would offer more than Barisic not overturn the 8 point gap single handedly

you are either trolling or very simple minded

He won’t. It’s utter fantasy to suggest he would.

Wallace would offer us more than Barasic right now

Like he did at St Johnstone away? Can barely run let alone tackle.

This want to compare everything to Boyd, Ferguson, Smith's time at the club is beyond boring now. The club was a completely different place on and off the park compared to where we are now.

Whether he is right or wrong in what he is saying (he's wrong, usually is), the fact is a current player shouldn't have a weekly column where he can slag off his fellow pros.

I’ve noticed there’s an ever increasing shift towards making Allen the fall guy. Now, he’s clearly culpable in some way, but the manager has the final say so I don’t think it’s really sensible to continue to deflect the blame, when at the end of the day, Allen simply provides options and the players in the squad are still better than what’s in Aberdeen’s squad and Allen isn’t the man on the touchline when they’re papping us out of cups.

The problem with Allen, and Boyd alludes to this, is his profile within the club. He's too upfront for Gerrard's liking, too hands on with the squad and too fond of blowing his own trumpet.

The problem with Allen, and Boyd alludes to this, is his profile within the club. He's too upfront for Gerrard's liking, too hands on with the squad and too fond of blowing his own trumpet.

Honestly think the role needs someone far more experienced if it's to continue.

Until that guys available, then I'm positive Gerrard and Scoulding could source a far better standard

"During the nine in a row era — and during my time there under Walter Smith — it wasn’t always open, expansive football. The performances were often ordinary.

But those teams still knew how to grind out wins and that’s a trait this current team just doesn’t seem to have.

Put it like this, had our team drawn with Aberdeen at Pittodrie there was no way in this world we would have lost a replay at Ibrox.

Aberdeen wouldn’t have got two cracks at beatin us".

He is 100% spot on with this part.

Apart from that time we got put out in a replay against Dundee United after managing to draw the first game from 3-1 ahead at Ibrox with less than half an hour to go.

Just having a look back at cup results under Walter second time round, the amount of replays we had against absolute pish was quite eye opening.

We won 5 cups in his second spell, but to be honest we got a fairly easy crack at the ones we won and still made it difficult for ourself, and that was with a supposed better squad than we have now.

Apart from that time we got put out in a replay against Dundee United after managing to draw the first game from 3-1 ahead at Ibrox with less than half an hour to go.

Just having a look back at cup results under Walter second time round, the amount of replays we had against absolute pish was quite eye opening.

We won 5 cups in his second spell, but to be honest we got a fairly easy crack at the ones we won and still made it difficult for ourself, and that was with a supposed better squad than we have now.

People were going on about Murty making the semi final last year whilst ignoring the crucial difference that he made the semi final on the back of beating a Highland League team, a League One team and a Championship team.

Give Gerrard that route and we'd all be picking up our semi final tickets in the next few weeks.

Allen's signings must be scrutinised. To blindly not question them would see us going down the same paths as before with heads in sand.

A lot of his recruitment has been very poor.
His 18 month pursuit of a mediocre spl in Jones just makes no sense.

If that's the level of his recruitment then we will do nothing again next season.

Surely the scouting team and Gerrard have a say in who they want for the team. Could it possibly be they are getting in free transfers as squad players and saving money for better quality elsewhere in the team.

He is saying what we have all been saying on here.

Everyone is entitled to their opion with regards players manager and sporting directors.

What surely can't be argued is that it made good business sense to sign Morelos on a better/longer contract? Look at the Ramsey situation at Arsenal.

Is there a narrative forming against Mark Allen all of a sudden?
I think there's a few of our own who have had the the focus of blame in their mind shifted to Allen really unsubtly over the last couple of days, but still not noticed.

I swear, it's more than likely Boyd was reading this forum and saw a thread about Allen and saw his opportunity to make a 'talking point'. Probably on here just now and is rubbing his hands with glee at some supposed power he has.

The scattergun approach for blame apportioning at the moment is really pretty painful to see and does little benefit other than to highlight that for many, when pain and anger are involved, everyone is fair game. :(

People were going on about Murty making the semi final last year whilst ignoring the crucial difference that he made the semi final on the back of beating a Highland League team, a League One team and a Championship team.

Give Gerrard that route and we'd all be picking up our semi final tickets in the next few weeks.

Boyd was the oppositions best player on many occasions. Either being caught offside being to lazy to get back or giving away daft free kicks by being too lazy to jump.

Back