Mark Allen doesn’t fool me - what has he contributed at Rangers, asks Kris Boyd

I’ve noticed there’s an ever increasing shift towards making Allen the fall guy. Now, he’s clearly culpable in some way, but the manager has the final say so I don’t think it’s really sensible to continue to deflect the blame, when at the end of the day, Allen simply provides options and the players in the squad are still better than what’s in Aberdeen’s squad and Allen isn’t the man on the touchline when they’re papping us out of cups.

People really need to make up their minds about how we move forward as a club. The vast majority wanted a DOF or a link between the manager and board, then when it's not an instant success ask what the point of him is. These appointments take a fair amount of time to start shaping the club.

It's the same with young players. People want them thrown right in then first signs of them having a poor game and they want them sold.

Sadly a lot of his points are valid...its just hard to stomach both in terms of content and who is delivering it. LW was a better LB than Borna, but big Lee has been out of the game too long, he is very unlikely to ever achieve previous levels of form. But Borna needs to grow a set and get street wise.

Dorran's did sign for us, but really hasn't played due to injury, so rhyming off names means nothing if they aren't available.

But we all need to accept we (club) have to learn from mistakes and fix them pronto.

Lee Wallace barely got a look in for a diabolical Scotlans side

Barisic is in the squad of the current world cup runner ups.

Wallace has never been at the level of footballer Barisic is. Sadly some players just dont take to the version of football played in Scotland.

Some of his points are on the money, especially the team effort, we are Rangers not some second rate team, we need to be winning more consistently, winning more games by a bigger goal margin, and sending us fans home happy. I understand we are still work in progress, but lately I haven't seen that, and in all honestly think we have went backwards since the winter break.

The most accurate comment in the piece is the squad balance.

We have one right sided winger in the squad, but more than 8 central midfielders (inc out on loan).

Again, this summer we are looking at another big turnaround in the squad, but question is who do you trust to get it right?

The abuse Boyd gets on here is mad. Yes he stole a wage for 11 months in one of the worst Rangers sides in history (even then still scored more than Miller), but he provided exceptional value for money wage-wise for 5 seasons before that. The guy is a Rangers fan and a Rangers legend, I'm not going to give him abuse because he says a couple of things I don't agree with.

The abuse Boyd gets on here is mad. Yes he stole a wage for 11 months in one of the worst Rangers sides in history (even then still scored more than Miller), but he provided exceptional value for money wage-wise for 5 seasons before that. The guy is a Rangers fan and a Rangers legend, I'm not going to give him abuse because he says a couple of things I don't agree with.

He was the ultimate flat track bully.

He is nowhere near being a "Legend"

People really need to make up their minds about how we move forward as a club. The vast majority wanted a DOF or a link between the manager and board, then when it's not an instant success ask what the point of him is. These appointments take a fair amount of time to start shaping the club.

It's the same with young players. People want them thrown right in then first signs of them having a poor game and they want them sold.

That’s very true, but we all know that’s not how it works. In saying that, if Allen genuinely wasn’t cutting it we would have to look at replacing him. He’s been here long enough for some sort of impact.

But like I say, the manager has the final say and the buck stops with him.

The problem with a lot of Scottish fans, and a lot on here, is that they have no idea what a DOF does.

And, as per with a lot on here, something they don’t understand automatically means it’s bad.

Gave up reading that after his claim Morelos should be giving Rangers more.

Bit rich that coming from the fat wage thief that ripped the pish out of club and support in his second stint.

You're a bawbag Boyd whose opinion means nothing.

Some of his points are good some of his points I disagree with just like what we see on here, some posters you disagree with more and some you agree with more.
Excellent player for us first time around, some on here do not seem to like former Rangers players.

Rangers "legends" wouldn't be a wage thief!

A typical pish Kris Boyd article...however a couple of valid points. Morelos new contract was a mistake and 100% correct on Barisic who clearly doesn't have the mentality or bottle to play for us

i think Boyd makes some great points and from reading the forum here for some time he is saying things that we all have said. The only difference is people on here love to hate him at the moment and if he said "2+2=4" you would still have many on here because it is him retaliating with "Boyd can F*ck off 1+1+2=4". same answer

I'd note the bit about how he knows about Allen "jumping around changing rooms when the team wins".

Allen is a prat who is not well liked.

I'm confident he'll be away in the summer.

Folk have to differentiate between the role and the man, it's a good idea to have a DOF, it's a bad idea to have one who puts so many people's noses out of joint.
You know this how ?

Some of it is accurate. Squad imbalance, Candeias the only RW, Barisic attitude etc.

Some of it is shite. There is no valid comparison to be made to Warburton, Caixinha or Murty.

The question I still have about Boyd is should he be commenting to this level on us when he's still a professional player for another club, and could well be on the park against us tomorrow?

Boyd is a registered Kilmarnock player and their Capt so these constant attacks on a fellow club and its players (us), isn't this bringing the game into disrepute?

what we do, is frankly sod all to him!

A lot of people in denial if they’re disagreeing with that article.

Most of its spot on. Signings haven’t been good enough on the whole and he’s right to use the word ‘imbalance’ to describe our midfield.

As for Mark Allen I’ve no idea about his track record but there’s been rumblings on twitter from the likes of 4LadsHadADream about possibly disharmony and unhappiness with him. No smoke without fire.

Big summer ahead again.

"Put it like this, had our team drawn with Aberdeen at Pittodrie there was no way in this world we would have lost a replay at Ibrox."

Let's put it like this Kris, the only time we won at Pittodrie in your first spell here was when you YOU were injured and not playing under Le Guen. Walter went three and a half seasons before winning up there in his final season.

Shall we mention the 3-0 home scudding in the cup Hibs gave us with you in the team ? The St Johnstone defeat in the League Cup ?

Still fancy playing Billy Big Bollocks ?

Oh dear.

A rapidly prepared reality and logic sandwich smacks Boyd right in the mush.

Well, at least it’ll plug his mouth and stop him eating any more pies

A lot of people in denial if they’re disagreeing with that article.

Most of its spot on. Signings haven’t been good enough on the whole and he’s right to use the word ‘imbalance’ to describe our midfield.

As for Mark Allen I’ve no idea about his track record but there’s been rumblings on twitter from the likes of 4LadsHadADream about possibly disharmony and unhappiness with him. No smoke without fire.

Big summer ahead again.

What has anything that's happening at Rangers got to do with the Kilmarnock Capt?

Two refs in two consecutive games in a week fooked us over.

If you go through your life blaming refs instead of your own players you'll have had a life of watching teams who can't win. The players, consistently the players cost us.

If you go through your life blaming refs instead of your own players you'll have had a life of watching teams who can't win. The players, consistently the players cost us.

I expect Refs to do their jobs as their decisions can change the flow of a game. We get the penalty we should have had the other night instead of Clancy wrongly booking Alfie for diving then that could have changed the match and we could have ground out a result.

You're right to be fair but it's hard to think of something good from Tuesday
Mate I'm not ragging U, im sick to the back teeth of ex Rangers players knifing us in fuking republican newspapers.
Tuesday was heavy on the heart but Stevie will lead us back to the glory days of that I have no doubt.
Patience and belief required.

I expect Refs to do their jobs as their decisions can change the flow of a game. We get the penalty we should have had the other night instead of Clancy wrongly booking Alfie for diving then that could have changed the match and we could have ground out a result.

The players who allow opponents to dictate the 'flow' of a game aren't good enough bud. We dictate flow if we're any good, referee decisions don't alter that.

For clarity, 4lads is mine & I’ve never said a thing about Allen Recently from 4lads account, about any rumblings or such like

He's probably referring to your opinion given on your personal twitter account where you expressed your lack of belief in Mark Allen given his poor track record in the recruitment side. And your opinion looks to be justified

He's right though. SG is not getting the results due to the personell that he's being given. I know that Mark Allen is not well received in some quarters at Ibrox. He has to remember that he's not at City anymore, despite him reminding everyone and anyone who cares to listen.

If I was a Kilmarnock and saw my club’s captain writing a column that is pretty much exclusively about Rangers very week then I’d be mighty pissed off with him.

Boyd makes a few decent points but the column gets caught up in sensationalism.
The bit about Morelos’ new contract sums up his short-sightedness... Morelos is more than likey off in the summer. This new contract secures a better fee for Rangers - it’s a rare piece of quick thinking by the club.

He's right though. SG is not getting the results due to the personell that he's being given. I know that Mark Allen is not well received in some quarters at Ibrox. He has to remember that he's not at City anymore, despite him reminding everyone and anyone who cares to listen.

What’s the story with that? I imagine he is quite full of himself - it goes with the role I suppose.

When MA came in I think we all thought this guy would use his contacts down south to get us quality loan players and unearthing a few gems along the way sadly it’s been the opposite.

Do we really need to be paying someone thousands per week to identify targets like Jones, Kamara, Davis and Defoe?

We just seem to be wasting money all over the place at times.

Tin-hat, not a lot in their I disagree with.

It's pretty hard to form a clear opinion on MA given his remit and the actual level of influence he has are somewhat grey for supporters. We might think we know what he does, but the actual reality of it is probably quite different.

Overall, it's also hard to argue that there's a particular sense of success about our signings since he came in. There's always going to be some mixed results in the transfer and loan market, but how many players have we signed that he identified who we can say show he is earning any sort of good reputation for his input?

Our best signing of the last few years was spotted by JJ. Kent will have been via SG. Bringing in the Defoes, Davis, Laffertys can't be seen as credit to MA surely?

Our squad does lack balance and there's key areas that have been blatantly needing strengthened, yet little's been done, while other areas are bloated with underwhelming numbers and more to come.

"Morelos should be giving Rangers more"
" The best left back in the building is Lee Wallace"
Some good points made by fat boy in that article completely destroyed by the two ive quoted.
Who’s better than Lee Wallace?
The Croatian Coward?
Halliday who I love but isn’t a LB?
Flanagan?

Boyd has seen the likes of Sutton build a career in the media by making ludicrous statements whose sole purpose is to generate controversy, anger and outrage. A slice of truth, a portion of guesswork and a dollop of fantasy.

He’s just looking after Number 1 and wants his own wee slice of the pie.

The constant berating on here of anyone who speaks publicly about Rangers is tiring. He is giving an opinion, so whether you think it’s right or wrong doesn’t really matter. It’s the same people who can’t wait to slate him time after time. Have you ever considered just not reading his articles if they bother you so much?

I don’t understand why you find it acceptable for ex-players to come out and slate our club constantly.

He should have a bit of decorum. It’s not as if he’s being positively critical. He’s just sticking to boot in in an inflammatory manner. Again.

'It just struck me as a massive waste of money, handing him a bigger deal. Morelos should be giving Rangers more, not the other way around'

Aye getting rid of his minimum fee was stupid......
If Boyd wants to talk about rangers wasting money maybe we should start with his last stint at Ibrox. A fat useless lazy bastard.

Back