Mark Allen doesn’t fool me - what has he contributed at Rangers, asks Kris Boyd

Based on how he played a few years ago
Despite the glaring example of Steve Davis there are many who assume players are exactly the same as they were when they were at their peak and never decline
Gerrard has clearly shown he'd play Wallace if he could do the job
Wallace has clearly shown the money means more to him than going somewhere else and proving he is still a player
Let's see what he does next season
If money meant more to Wallace why didn’t he leave whilst ruining his career inspirations by going to division 3, laughable comment

Agree with the point on Lee Wallace tho.

If he’d been allowed to play the same number of games as Barisic or Halliday he’d currently be the best LB at the club ( due to Barisic poor form)

Boyd is a fucking rocket and should look at his own contribution on returning. In top form either side of a juicy contract from us then shites the bed when he's here, playing in the fucking championship. Nah I'll not have any of what Boyd has to say.

The point i agree with is the balance of the squad is not good we have 5-6 central midfielders that virtualy do the same thing i felt Docherty should have been brung back in January i dont know if that was possible contractually but he is at least a bit different powerful box to box Midfielder who carrys the ball forward and can arrive in the box not just pasd it sideways and keep easy posession .

A lot of people don't want to hear the truth and he is pretty much bang on with his comments,especially about Aberdeen, we should be beating them at Ibrox after a draw at Pittodrie, a lot of it is down to a mindset which too many of our players don't have.We have better football players than them but too many don't have the required heart.

Some of his comments are nonsense. Some are accurate

Why the %^*& we have so many midfielders is baffling, when most of them play the same style.

People getting upset at what Boyd has said after what's been written about everyone at the club on here the last few days? :rolleyes:

Wallace is good to go, and has been for months. give him a run of games and I think he would offer more than a disinterested Barasic. that's my opinion

and its based on watching Lee Wallace for the best part of 8 years

We should play Kevin Thomson in midfield and Davie Weir at centre back then if that's the criteria.

I'll be curious if anyone asks a question regarding MA at tomorrow's press conference.

There's the charity event coming up with MA & SG in attendance and on stage. That'll be interesting.

I'll be curious if anyone asks a question regarding MA at tomorrow's press conference.

There's the charity event coming up with MA & SG in attendance and on stage. That'll be interesting.
Why would that be? Gerrard hasn't even mentioned Mark Allen at all in recent times.

Aberdeen knocked Smith's Rangers out the cup at Hampden in 1995.

Tuesday was a sore one but let's not rewrite history like it's something that's never happened before.

9 years ago today Boyd was in a Rangers team that were 2 goals up TWICE on Dundee United in the cup and blew it before losing in a replay.

Good point. We didn’t win every game in every competition we played in.

We’ve had 3 cracks at the sheep in cups this season and not won any of them. That just wouldn’t have happened in Smiths time. This team doesn’t know how to grind out results like Smiths teams, Boyd has it right despite you arguing over semantics.

Last edited:
Bell end Boyd!!
Our record SPL goalscorer.6 domestic trophies and played a part in getting us to a European Final.
Whatever you think of the guy he is only saying what an awful lot of supporters think.
Oh and I would love a bell end like him (first time round) scoring goals for us right now.

Why is everyone still getting their knickers in a twist about Boyd and his column? He's a media whore now whose job is to help sell papers and to offer 'expert' opinion in a corpulent glass box any given Sunday when his employers are broadcasting a game. He makes some valid points and other comments smack of bitterness with boardmembers.

Ho hum.

Alright Kris, so we should 'win ugly.' Have you digested the refereeing we are being subjected to, and on what planet at what time in the near future will Rangers be allowed to 'win ugly'?

So many things wrong with the article. Here’s a wee one:

“For a start, why are there four left-wingers at the club in Glenn Middleton, Ryan Kent, Jamie Murphy and Eros Grezda?”

Middleton is a promoted youth player and Boyd must have missed Murphy’s season ending injury at his shïte hole.

I’m a pundit on tv Kris what I say makes sense.

Few good points the rest keep for tv appeasing idiots but you ain’t fooling me you clueless %^*&!

Wey to go to upset the club and fans who cheered so much of your football career.

Ill give him this, he's got some brass neck and an enormous amount of sand to have the cheek to criticise anyone for "not giving enough"

We should play Kevin Thomson in midfield and Davie Weir at centre back then if that's the criteria.

Weir who is 48 years old and Thomson who retired 3 years ago??

Wallace is 31 ffs, did you let your wean log onto FF tonight?

The media have got a sniff of the panic merchants on here and are starting to ramp up the discontent. People who dont know how to process information without other people telling them what to think will soon be joining the quick tempered fans in wanting us to rip it up and start again.

Bang on the money. I wouldnt put it past some of the "well known " members on here being 19th Century Terrorists giving it the old "divide and conquer" that they do so well.

Wallace would offer us more than Barasic right now
No he wouldn't, he has played what twice this season? One where we conceded right away and the second where he was brutal when he came on. He's lost most of his athleticism and he wasn't amazing defensively anyway before that. As sad as it is he's brutal now and if he gets a deal with a club in the premiership next season it will be on reputation alone. He's our 3rd or 4th choice left back, meanwhile Barisic is at worse Croatia's 2nd choice left back

Agree with some of the things he says mostly to do with mentality and how previous rangers teams wouldn't have this happen to them so often but also think he's either completely missing the point in some things or just doesn't pay enough attention to them btuff like the left winger thing, before we signed Grezda we had just lost Murphy for the season, Middleton was a unproven youngster and Kent was a loan, it would be silly to not buy someone if you think they'll improve the squad just because we have 3 left wingers but only 1 of them proven or not injured. At this point Halliday is a left back who can play in midfield than a midfielder playing at left back so midfield suddenly isn't as crowded, especially if Davis doesn't stick around and the Morelos contract is such a irrelevant point that you'd think he put it in there to meet a word count.

Also not just Boyd but how the hell do some of the people on here think Wallace is our best lb? That's 3 straight managers that have taken a look at him and decided he's not good enough but apparently he's our best lb? %^*& me we'd be in deeper shit than we currently are if that was true

100% bang on

I await the monster munch/ stick to your own club groundhog day posts being rolled out though

He makes some good points, but he also contradicts himself a bit. He says Gerrard isn't to blame, then he is to blame.

His claim of "we'd never lose a replay" is totally disingenuous. When Smith was manager, we were knocked out after a replay by Dundee Utd despite being 3-1 in the first game. The fact that we were at home first is totally irrelevant. Further to that, Boyd was also of the team that was knocked out the Scottish cup 0-3 at home by Hibs, and 3-2 away to Dunfermline. "Aye, but wattie wasn't the manager then so it doesn't count" isn't really a valid justification. He's not the manager now either. And both those defeats were equally as humiliating as Tuesday's.

That's before we even get into the fact he played in both the home defeat to Raith in SC and Alloa away in the Challenge cup in 2015. So that's five Cup defeats he was involved in, four as equally humiliating as this week's.

100% bang on

I await the monster munch/ stick to your own club groundhog day posts being rolled out though

And why not? He should just stick to his own club who are in a terrible run of form.

Good for Defoe trying to put something positive out there, but we have “fans” like Boyd constantly banging out negative stories and slagging us. He can piss off.

Last edited:
Must admit I’m one of the first ones to have a go at Boyd when he talks about us with utter pish but he is 100% correct here

I can’t take Boyd seriously when he talks about anything related to our club.

He knocked back Birmingham when they were offering us £4 mill for him, then refused to sign a new contract and left on a free to Middlesbrough.

The worst part was when he returned to Scotland, got himself in tip top shape, hitting the gym everyday at killie. Got his return to Rangers, stopped going to the gym, let himself go and put in 0 effort whilst at the club.

The Boyd fan boys can continue to fawn over the guy but a big no from me.

Why doesn't he analyse (since he is such an expert) the difference to which Rangers are refereed to and what we are given or not given, and also the regular unpunished assault type fouls that players should be carded or sent off for but don't.
They are allowed to kick the shit out of our players but not the mhanks, now there is something that would get us listening to him.

Last edited:
His point about all these central midfielders we have is not far off. We have all these CMs and not one consistent, creative, goalscoring number 10,which we've been desperately needing for so long.

The constant berating on here of anyone who speaks publicly about Rangers is tiring. He is giving an opinion, so whether you think it’s right or wrong doesn’t really matter. It’s the same people who can’t wait to slate him time after time. Have you ever considered just not reading his articles if they bother you so much?

They get berated because the articles are always negative.

Sorry but most of what he says is right IMO, and most of his opinions have been echoed on here recently.

Our record SPL goalscorer.6 domestic trophies and played a part in getting us to a European Final.
Whatever you think of the guy he is only saying what an awful lot of supporters think.
Oh and I would love a bell end like him (first time round) scoring goals for us right now.
OK he's a prick is that better. If U have nothing good to say about the Rangers say fuk all!!

Back