Mark Allen, I gave Rangers board a list of potential bosses to replace flop Pedro Caixinha 2 days

Thing is mate mark allen is an employee nothing more .the final decision rests with the board.
I accept that mate but I would imagine that he was brought in with certain commitments about the scope of his role. In corporate terms he took a bigger role at a smaller company. He clearly thought he would have at some autonomy or (at least) board support regarding recruitment. He must have been promised a certain budget.

I am actually beginning to get really uncomfortable at the way our club are treating our employees. It goes all the way back to Warburton.

Our name will be toxic in footballing circles under this board.

It started back at the end of the 2014/15 when a number of players left the club when their contracts expired, and didn’t receive as much as a nod from the club.

Regardless of their abilities - or how that season finished - it was cheap and nasty and lacked class.

Even a token 500 word piece on the website would have sufficed.

As annoying as things are,,,,,its got to be better than the Easdales with the fat cu:)nt pulling their strings

We'll get there.

Is it though?

At least those bastards were in it for money and nothing else.

This incumbent board are Rangers men. Men like you and I, and are making a total pigs ear of it.

One just needs to listen to the AGM question answers and C1872's questions being answered by Stewart Robertson to realise we're being totally disregarded yet again.

Their only saving grace is that they DID save us from oblivion and a lifetime of occupying Ashley's back pocket, but that can't last forever.

Can you imagine what we the fans would be like if this was happening under the regime fronted by chuckles & his fellow scumbags?
It very much reminds me of some of the things that happened at that time. The saving grace is we know they’re not raping us.
I don’t think this can be down to bad decisions, I think there’s something happening in the background. Maybe if there’s a takeover in the pipeline any new people don’t want the current boards choice of manager tied into a long deal with the potential payoff. I’m away to have another line and a shot!

It started back at the end of the 2014/15 when a number of players left the club when their contracts expired, and didn’t receive as much as a nod from the club.

Regardless of their abilities - or how that season finished - it was cheap and nasty and lacked class.

Even a token 500 word piece on the website would have sufficed.

Was that when some ex players were suing for holiday pay?

Not sure how that ended.

Shambles, embarrassment and an utter disgrace.

Sunday league pub teams are run better, more organised and ambitious.

We will lose our DoF eventually then I wouldn't be surprised if we binned that idea. The board are clueless, like the odd one out at school that hates football but joins in, can't kick a ball and looks awkward.

what a fucking shambles and embarrassing would love to get shot of the lot of them and start again but theirs no one out their :mad:

It looks like he wants out and pronto ! Tbh who can blame him what a Fcuking shambles we are ! This board are lurching from one comedy act to another and we the fans are suffering they don’t seem to care as per Robertson’s Q&A with Club 1872,

DOF is not required in Scotland. Waste of money. Look at the scum no DOF and they are miles ahead of us. A good experienced manager and assistant is what is required.

DOF is not required in Scotland. Waste of money. Look at the scum no DOF and they are miles ahead of us. A good experienced manager and assistant is what is required.
You are spot on with that mate. It's also a reason why some managers will shy away from the job.

First, we have to remember that it is the Daily Retard that printed this story and they just don’t do good news items about Gers, quite the reverse. However, if it is true, the Board has screwed up again badly. What concerns me most is the comment that Allen was informed that Graeme Murty was the preferred candidate after the McInnes knock-back. This Board has already proved that they can’t pick a decent manager and, yet, they go and do it again, instead of leaving it to Allen to decide the best candidate. No harm to Murty but the job is far too big for him as it was for Pedro and his tenure is going to end in tears for him and for us.
Like others have said, what's the point in hiring the guy,yet more money wasted into the bargain and no transparency,getting more disillusioned by the day and getting embarrassing,if it wasn't already

This is a situation that truly pi*ses me off!

Mark Allen was brought in to deal with the footballing side of the club thus far it is clear he's allowed to do absolute hee haw without the board stamping it off. So the business guys decide what the football guys do? Therefore meaning the point in having Allen in is literally pointless.

They choose to go down the Director of Football route well they need to let it go and allow him to do his role. If they don't like his opinions and decisions well they picked him as their candidate to lead the football operations so they should sign off on it as it's his responsibility to get that right.

The board should stick to the business side and allow him to do his bit, otherwise they shouldn't have employed him.

Who knows what he'd bring in but by the looks of it we'll never know unless it suits the boards opinion.

Mark Allen was brought in to deal with the footballing side of the club thus far it is clear he's allowed to do absolute hee haw without the board stamping it off. So the business guys decide what the football guys do? Therefore meaning the point in having Allen in is literally pointless.

They choose to go down the Director of Football route well they need to let it go and allow him to do his role. If they don't like his opinions and decisions well they picked him as their candidate to lead the football operations so they should sign off on it as it's his responsibility to get that right.

The board should stick to the business side and allow him to do his bit, otherwise they shouldn't have employed him.

Who knows what he'd bring in but by the looks of it we'll never know unless it suits the boards opinion.
Completely agree with you mate.

Realistically, the DoF should be told by the board 'here's your budget' and then have carte blanche over how to use it - x amount for manager, y amount for scouting, z amount for youth development and a transfer/wage budget to be used by the manager.

Instead it would seem he's being told 'do x, y and z then report back so we can decide if we like it'. Once he's completed his tasks, the board now seem to be saying 'actually, naw. We know better' then making a right royal arse of it.

Completely agree with you mate.

Realistically, the DoF should be told by the board 'here's your budget' and then have carte blanche over how to use it - x amount for manager, y amount for scouting, z amount for youth development and a transfer/wage budget to be used by the manager.

Instead it would seem he's being told 'do x, y and z then report back so we can decide if we like it'. Once he's completed his tasks, the board now seem to be saying 'actually, naw. We know better' then making a right royal arse of it.

Bang on. A disgraceful waste of resources appointing Allen if you don't then allow him a free reign to get on with the job he was employed to do. He didn't leave Man City to come here and be a Chief Scout.

This is pathetic. No one knows whether Allen is any good at his job or not largely because he isn’t being allowed to do it properly. All is clearly not well and i suspect he will be gone before long. To make a big song and dance about hiring a DOF then not allowing him to do his job is embarrassing. It’s impossible Tom defend the board now.

Given how well Man City are run off the pitch this must be like night and day for Allen.

Do people really think that DoFs/Technical Directors at other clubs are hiring and firing Managers without the stamp of approval from their Board? Really?

Of course he submits recommendations and the Board either accept them or decline them. That’s how it works in all manner of businesses. Not every ‘idea’ you submit to your bosses gets accepted. Eventually you may get upset at them not listening to you - or they may become pissed off that your ideas aren’t ‘in line’ with theirs - but I’d suggest that at this early stage we are a long way from that.

Back