Mark Bresciano

Danger Zone

Just the tip...
Very random I know, but this popped into my head the other day. Remember Murray said in an interview we had put an offer in? I think he was at Palermo at the time. Anyway we never really heard anything about it again, there wasn’t even any follow up stories to say it had been rejected etc.

I wonder if we actually did table an offer, if memory serves me right this was at the absolute height of the moonbeams and around the time Lloyd’s were assuming more and more control (although we as fans weren’t privy to the extent of it at that time).

I'm sure it was in the midst of the post-Kaunas spending spree which was odd as we'd bought Mendes, Davis and Edu in close proximity.

Wow blast from the past this one!

@Bear of Burnside I think you’re right on that one. And I remember for some reason being underwhelmed with the Mendes signing - how wrong I was

I used to always sign him on Football Manager 2006, sure he was at Parma at the time. Great signing, would have loved him at Rangers, have a vague memory of this rumour.

@Bear of Burnside is correct. It was summer 2008 after Kaunas and Cuellar had just been sold.

Murray was trumpeting about signing him and Glenn Loovens.

I’d forgotten it was at the same time as all of that.

On a side note, the Loovens saga worked out so fantastically for us it still makes me laugh to this day. They “gazumped” us for a relative diddy and we ended up with the infinitely better Boogie.

Very random I know, but this popped into my head the other day. Remember Murray said in an interview we had put an offer in? I think he was at Palermo at the time. Anyway we never really heard anything about it again, there wasn’t even any follow up stories to say it had been rejected etc.

I wonder if we actually did table an offer, if memory serves me right this was at the absolute height of the moonbeams and around the time Lloyd’s were assuming more and more control (although we as fans weren’t privy to the extent of it at that time).
Murray pulled out for fear of being duped as he’d never been duped before.

I’d forgotten it was at the same time as all of that.

On a side note, the Loovens saga worked out so fantastically for us it still makes me laugh to this day. They “gazumped” us for a relative diddy and we ended up with the infinitely better Boogie.

How they laughed about him choosing them over us.

4 years, 60 odd league games played, Rangers won three titles.

Well in Timothy.

Danny Shittu was another who knocked us back that summer and went to Bolton.

did chris Eagles not famously have a tour of Murray Park - only to sign for Preston and then Bolton ?

Neil Danns was another who patched us for obscurity in the championship
eagles was later - summer 2010. i think.

and danns when Ally was in charge - so 2011.

Guus HIddink said he was the greatest striker of a dead ball he had seen.

I've seen/saw a fair bit of him. I have my doubts as to if he would have been a success here. Not really suited to this league

Back