Mark daly at it again

Also, the part that says "he carried on abusing at Rangers" shows how much of an agenda there is.

Following from the paragraph before it, it actually means that, after Hibs, he continued at Rangers.

However it reads as if he abused boys over an extended period at Rangers.

Not an accidental mistake by the BBC.

The Club must come out with some sort of statement or this going to grow legs, if it hasn’t already and we will tarred with the same brush as the orcs

The seed had been planted mate if Rangers don’t get this nipped right away then Souness and Walters name is going to be besmirched forever.

Indeed. Im sure they'll have a song or two about Walter and Souness.

Looks like all their hard work is paying off.

BBC doing Celtics bidding here.

nothing new.

In short, Rangers sacked a paedo and didn’t say that in the Rangers News.

Imagine if we’d actively hidden and enabled child abuse at our club, can only imagine the press would be all over that if that happened...

Can anyone remember a newspaper story referring to the departure of an employee of an organisation that referred to abuse of children (or any other crime for that matter) in the absence of any proof of guilt?

It simply doesn't happen and Mark Daly knows this full well.

Rangers and those entrusted with their best interests will have acted accordingly, stated correctly and with total tactfulness of such a loathsome criminal act... It will have been reported to the police.

Now, nearly 30 years later are they trying to tarnish good Rangers-men's reputations just to deflect away from their own heinous goings-on and cover-ups at their vile den.

They are pinning all this on not being able to find a police report, please remember that this is all pre-computer days where things could be stored easier... now we are to believe that because this police report, (that can't be found 30 years later) is proof on no action being taken at the time...

They are starting a war they cannot win and with the wrong people...
Rangers will respond and with all our people present, correct and dignified as always... but be rest-assured that they will be primed and ready to remove the gloves should the time come to go "Over the Top"...

We are ready
We are waiting
We are the People
Bring it on...

This all day long!
We just can't let a possibly slanted report from BBC Scotland appear to involve our club to be as much involved in child abuse as some others just to try and claim that Rangers "had a paedo problem too"...that is just obscene!
So bring it on...let Rangers call for a FULL enquiry into alleged child abuse in Scottish football and how the clubs dealt with it!
Over to you Mr King!

We're busy sorting out the catering.

So in summary, if I've understood this properly, the cover-up (not even alleged according to Daly and the BBC) is based on a Rangers News not saying Neely has been sacked for noncing without conclusive evidence, and the police not being able to confirm whether or not an complaint was made by the club, which is by the police's own admission quite common with cases that are decades old?

Rangers and those entrusted with their best interests will have acted accordingly, stated correctly and with total tactfulness of such a loathsome criminal act... It will have been reported to the police.

Now, nearly 30 years later are they trying to tarnish good Rangers-men's reputations just to deflect away from their own heinous goings-on and cover-ups at their vile den.

They are pinning all this on not being able to find a police report, please remember that this is all pre-computer days where things could be stored easier... now we are to believe that because this police report, (that can't be found 30 years later) is proof on no action being taken at the time...

They are starting a war they cannot win and with the wrong people...
Rangers will respond and with all our people present, correct and dignified as always... but be rest-assured that they will be primed and ready to remove the gloves should the time come to go "Over the Top"...

We are ready
We are waiting
We are the People
Bring it on...

We're keeping our powder dry.

Can’t remember the details however what was the original complaint?

was it some suggestive verbals?

it wasn’t sexual physical abuse was it?

It's bizarre to me that after years of investigation into historical child abuse, they keep coming back to this same incident over and over again, almost as if there is a concerted effort to lump Rangers in with that other mob. I've every sympathy with the victim but it appears to me that it was dealt with in an appropriate manner at the time.
Even if this version of events is true, which I don't believe for a minute, it's hardly a "cover up."
Imagine the BBC accusing anyone of that, there must have been hundreds of BBC employees that facilitated Saville over 40 years, what a brass neck.

Got to laugh at people saying our reputation has been damaged. Have you lived in the real world the last few years?

We are demonized. There us literally nothing new for them to say about us. They've tried everything and they have failed.

You BJknow what's coming "Sexual abuse was rife at many Scottish (Oirish) clubs back in the day but its time to draw a line under it, forget the past and move forward making sure this kind of thing never happens again"

Phase 1 damage reputation prevention - hollocom
Phase 2 - use sources in the media to try and darken the reputation of your biggest rival so it looks like it was not just one club trying to cover up a peadophile ring

They are the scum of the earth and so are the bbc

Last edited:
So in summary, if I've understood this properly, the cover-up (not even alleged according to Daly and the BBC) is based on a Rangers News not saying Neely has been sacked for noncing without conclusive evidence, and the police not being able to confirm whether or not an complaint was made by the club, which is by the police's own admission quite common with cases that are decades old?
In a nut shell plus the abuse was the scum that is Neely pulled the lads shorts down to spank him changed his mind and told him to go. Clearly an unpleasant experience but not remotely close to what went on at the Glitter Dome. Also Daly seemed to be more on the route saying that us allegedly not repo this resulted in Neely abusing more kids which is tenuous in the extreme.

The whole report stinks to high heaven.

And the part about a cover-up has Hollicom's grubby paws all over it. Anyone who thinks they're not involved in this hasn't been paying attention.

Up next - Humza Yousless insists Rangers have questions to answer and calls for clarification.

Rangers better have their Lawyers all overs this and. Take these Bastards to court nothing else is going to stop then

Dirty tricks, Dirty tricks. If we get roped in to this and we play DIRTY and lower ourselves to the bbc and media level. We would win the war hands down.

Got to laugh at people saying our reputation has been damaged. Have you lived in the real world the last few years?

We are demonized. There us literally nothing new for them to say about us. They've tried everything and they have failed.

I dont think they've failed but this is a step up.

Rangers response to Mark Daly's Gordon Neely article

‘BBC Scotland’s reporting on these horrific incidents and, in particular, its sensationalist and unfair accusation of a cover up by Rangers is disgraceful.

'Rangers based its prior description as to what occurred on trusted first-hand accounts from those with personal knowledge of what took place and the appropriate steps taken at that time. To suggest, as BBC Scotland’s Mark Daly has done, that these are invalidated by a short, filler piece in the Rangers News written almost 30 years ago by someone who clearly had no knowledge of the events, or the reasons for Neely’s sacking is nonsense. Indeed, it is shameful.

'BBC Scotland has a history of inaccurate reporting when commenting on Rangers and a string of apologies given to Rangers by BBC Scotland in recent times is clear evidence of this. However, on a matter of such gravity we do not think it is unreasonable to expect better than Mr Daly’s report.

'The important people here are the victims of abuse and we owe it to them to deal sensitively and supportively with the issues they raise.

'Rangers will do all it can to assist in offering support and counselling to anyone affected. Their wellbeing should be at the centre of every right thinking person’s concern.

'Ridiculous claims of a cover up against those seeking to deal with such matters in a sensitive manner suggests sensationalism and in this instance point to a desire to attack Rangers as being more important to those reporting these horrific incidents than looking after the victims of abuse.’

Last edited:
Rangers better have their Lawyers all overs this and. Take these Bastards to court nothing else is going to stop then

Rangers have done their utmost to retain a dignified silence in the hope that the authorities would deal with Celtic.

However, now that Celtic's placemen have dragged us into this there can be no holding back. All bets are off.

I suspect Scottish football is about to be rocked to it's very foundations as Rangers go for the jugular.

This is war!

In a nut shell plus the abuse was the scum that is Neely pulled the lads shorts down to spank him changed his mind and told him to go. Clearly an unpleasant experience but not remotely close to what went on at the Glitter Dome. Also Daly seemed to be more on the route saying that us allegedly not repo this resulted in Neely abusing more kids which is tenuous in the extreme.

To be honest I'm not interested or comfortable comparing anything to the scandal at the piggery. It's still sickening what happened to the boy at the hands of Neely no matter the severity of it.

What I do want sorted out is the desperate attempt by Daly to create a cover up story about us and the general acceptance of it by people who hate us.

THE SINISTER SIX. All convicted. All CELTIC. How many got away with it? Let’s not get sidelined from the real issue. They need an equaliser and are grasping at us to throw shite till it sticks.

Rangers should now open the books and demand a full enquiry into the boys club abuse scandal by the SFA.

Was Campbell Ogilvie the Rangers secretary at the time? Presumably he would have been aware of Neely’s sacking and who reported it to the police?

Freedom Of Information (FOI) requests were made to the police about the Neely matter. However, the police stated that FOI provisions do not apply to this type of information. This can be seen on the official FOI website.

Freedom Of Information (FOI) requests were made to the police about the Neely matter. However, the police stated that FOI provisions do not apply to this type of information. This can be seen on the official FOI website.

What are you angry at me for? And what myth are you mistakenly under the impression I’m perpetuating?

The victim made allegations of improper behaviour. The club have confirmed that they were believed at the time; we are quoted as saying the guy was sacked and the police informed. If that’s not confirmation that the Club believed the allegations then I don’t know what is. I’ve said already I think Daly has way over reached with this article that’s based on nothing more than a cursory generic announcement in the Rangers News. I’m “passing on” nothing more than that.

So %^*& off with your “are you on the right forum” bullshit.
I am not angry with you and I apologise if you think so. Rangers had no choice but to do what they did and that does not mean he was believed, but they had to treat it seriously. As you say yourself, allegations, and that is why they acted in sacking him and reporting a crime. The police did not act on this info as there was no evidence.
The BBC are absolutely atrocious in this and suggesting a cover up.

To be honest I'm not interested or comfortable comparing anything to the scandal at the piggery. It's still sickening what happened to the boy at the hands of Neely no matter the severity of it.

What I do want sorted out is the desperate attempt by Daly to create a cover up story about us and the general acceptance of it by people who hate us.
Agreed but in this case I thought it was still a worthwhile point.

a set up
I dont think they've failed but this is a step up.
a set up Rangers really do have to get the gloves of here this is ridiculous every fucking idiot in Scotland will believe this this guy Daly needs to be taken to task unless Rangers are happy with this to expose what went on at Celtic park and ask for a FULL enquiry

Mark Daly is like the bushes that scum like Torbett hide in.

He is sick in the head when he feels he needs to blur the focus of truth and justice, for the sake of winning football matches.

Scum.

a set up

a set up Rangers really do have to get the gloves of here this is ridiculous every fucking idiot in Scotland will believe this this guy Daly needs to be taken to task unless Rangers are happy with this to expose what went on at Celtic park and ask for a FULL enquiry

Could play dirtier than that ;)

Hollicomed to the max.

This all needs sorted out pronto or we're heading for utter civil war up here with regard to football, and probably in a wider context too. I find it hard to understand the level of outright bitterness cunts like Daly are knowingly stoking.

I hope that the club continues to stand up robustly against this and takes on the fight, so that our support don't have to take the bait.

If this is the same victim of Neely when at Rangers, his father was a policeman, which Daly strangely omits from that ludicrous BBC article. Why would Daly deliberately leave that out, then claim that Rangers didn't inform the police.? Well, Rangers did inform the police when they told the boy's policeman father after this alleged incident surfaced. BBC Scotland caught lying about our club again.
Thats why i like this forum, theres always good ideas, thats so blatantly obvious,

I agree entirely that we have to be 100% sure of the facts.

However this incident has been well documented/reported numerous timesover the years therefore I would like to think the club know exactly what happened and how it was dealt with. If that info. is at hand it shouldn't take long to get a statement out. These are serious allegations against our club and dignified silence won't wash this time if we have nothing to hide.

It’s a fair point you and LOL 133 are making.

In any event, the club have resolved the issue with a pretty decent response

Rangers really do have to stop pussyfooting about here we are being accused of covering up something thatdidnt happen
we have to sue the bbc end of
%^*& this point scoring shite if we are being accused then fight fire with fire this has to come to a head

What the response should have read....
‘The club is currently compiling a complaint to Ofcom about the inaccurate and biased report published by the BBC.
The club sees no point in complaining to the BBC trust as previous complaints have fallen on deaf ears and largely been ignored. A number of apologies have been made but the standards of reporting continues to be poor.
‘The club will also be seeking an immediate interim injunction at the court of sessions in Edinburgh to prevent the BBC or any other media outlets from repeating this untruthful set of unsubstantiated allegations.
’We look forward to seeing Mr. Daly and his employers in court very soon’

They really are dispicable bastards.
This is only designed with one aim.
To embroil Rangers and others to what "went on"in Scottish football.
Deliberately Designed to mitigate in some twisted way their culpability.
The truth is they can actually live with what went on .
I'll say that again , they can actually live with it.
They don't care .
As a club we should call out Daly.
We should call out Sturgeon.
And we should scream for a public enquiry.
As angry as I am they have handed us the perfect opportunity to cleanse this once and for all and expose them for the horrific crimes they committed
and knowingly covered up.

Would like Souness and Smith to give their insight to this situation

Both should do this via a lawyers statement

One alleged victim does not count as evidence however we need to counter the allegations and tell the truth

There are not over 100 victims at Rangers so lets tackle this allegation head on and see what the facts are but given Neely is dead means that’s impossible to ascertain

BBC Scotland as usual are totally disgusting and Daly needs questioned as to where his investigation is to the 50 year paedo ring at CBC and CFC ?

The police not being able to find a record from all those years ago isn't really surprising. They lost the blow up effigies a lot more recently than that and we KNOW that feckin happened!

Back