Mark daly at it again

Every decent person in Scotland must demand a full independent inquiry into the abuse carried out within our game, the findings of which should see those who committed and those who enabled it punished to the full extent of the law and sporting sanctions placed on ANY club that is shown to have enabled the abuse to keep their name "clean".

I don't believe Rangers have done anything wrong or have anything to hide, but if it is revealed we are guilty of such heinous acts I would demand we were punished the very same.
Everyone in Scotland must demand why are those that can facilitate an independent inquiry so reluctant to do so, lets not forget kids lives have been ruined, they need this to happen, they are due closure and retribution.

I’m watching the BBC repeating the entire new evidence that Rangers “covered up” child abuse article on the ten o'clock edition.

So far only mention was Rangers say the allegations are disgraceful. They then ignore our comments about Daly and the BBC and tone down and water down our entire statement.

Anyone left in any doubt about the BBC agenda against Rangers needs their head felt.

Absolute hatchet job trash from BBC scum. It really is time to ban them completely and start handing a decent QC the brief for the law suits

Dirty tricks, Dirty tricks. I would LOVE , Rangers to say we welcome a full inquiry. If Rangers are found to have done any wrong doing or been involved in any cover up in a court of law.

Then we will accept responsibilty as scotlands most successful football club. In accepting this responsibility, we will ignore any compensation by law. We as scotlands most successful football club will lead the way on responsibilty, credibility, humility and humanity and along with a sense of duty to the victim concerned.

We will gladly pay £5million compensation to any victim as we believe this is rightly so. £5million per victim.

Over to you 1967FC. to show morals and follow suit.

Im not saying it's right or just. But in a dirty tricks war, this is how you win the war.

What the response should have read....
‘The club is currently compiling a complaint to Ofcom about the inaccurate and biased report published by the BBC.
The club sees no point in complaining to the BBC trust as previous complaints have fallen on deaf ears and largely been ignored. A number of apologies have been made but the standards of reporting continues to be poor.
‘The club will also be seeking an immediate interim injunction at the court of sessions in Edinburgh to prevent the BBC or any other media outlets from repeating this untruthful set of unsubstantiated allegations.
’We look forward to seeing Mr. Daly and his employers in court very soon’

They've done the full report again with just a brief mention of our response. Another BBC hatchet job. Another bullseye.

Rangers response to Mark Daly's Gordon Neely article

‘BBC Scotland’s reporting on these horrific incidents and, in particular, its sensationalist and unfair accusation of a cover up by Rangers is disgraceful.

'Rangers based its prior description as to what occurred on trusted first-hand accounts from those with personal knowledge of what took place and the appropriate steps taken at that time. To suggest, as BBC Scotland’s Mark Daly has done, that these are invalidated by a short, filler piece in the Rangers News written almost 30 years ago by someone who clearly had no knowledge of the events, or the reasons for Neely’s sacking is nonsense. Indeed, it is shameful.

'BBC Scotland has a history of inaccurate reporting when commenting on Rangers and a string of apologies given to Rangers by BBC Scotland in recent times is clear evidence of this. However, on a matter of such gravity we do not think it is unreasonable to expect better than Mr Daly’s report.

'The important people here are the victims of abuse and we owe it to them to deal sensitively and supportively with the issues they raise.

'Rangers will do all it can to assist in offering support and counselling to anyone affected. Their wellbeing should be at the centre of every right thinking person’s concern.

'Ridiculous claims of a cover up against those seeking to deal with such matters in a sensitive manner suggests sensationalism and in this instance point to a desire to attack Rangers as being more important to those reporting these horrific incidents than looking after the victims of abuse.’

Personally I don’t think you need the fourth and fifth paragraphs, but it’s a decent response otherwise.

If alastair hood still with us he should come out and and let daily know the facts.
Dead now I’m afraid. But as a police officer himself I would have expected him to keep some written record of what and to whom he reported it. If only to cover himself if it was queried years later. Without that we are left with an assertion that a report was made but the police themselves are unable to locate it.
Would like Souness and Smith to give their insight to this situation

Both should do this via a lawyers statement

One alleged victim does not count as evidence however we need to counter the allegations and tell the truth

There are not over 100 victims at Rangers so lets tackle this allegation head on and see what the facts are but given Neely is dead means that’s impossible to ascertain

BBC Scotland as usual are totally disgusting and Daly needs questioned as to where his investigation is to the 50 year paedo ring at CBC and CFC ?

I can certainly see Souness and Walter taking that mob on, irrespective of what Rangers decide to do. Already their reputations are being besmirched all over social media.

There's a few things about this article that don't add up.

There has been a change in the allegation made in 2018 to the one made now concerning the nature of the assault. Another coach has been accused of siding with Neely and humiliating the 'victim' - he should be easy to trace.

Yet, an obvious question arises - why didn't this boy's father refer the matter to the police if he felt Rangers hadn't?

I have no doubt that there must be some sort of bad press ready to hit the news about that rancid mhob the money they tramps spent on media spin seems to be well invested

bbc just announcing rangers never reported neely to the police after sacking. (see bbc article).We said we did.They are obviously try to deflect on to us.

ADMIN EDIT - LINK TO STORY -
BBC News - Rangers 'covered up' reasons for abuse claim coach's departure https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-50087600
full independent inquiry

And let’s start at the most and worst paedophilie club CELTIC FC

Un like the mentally challengeds we welcome any enquires into abuse of any children

Rangers say that the matter was reported to police so the onus is on Strathclyde Police (as it was then) to produce the Station Log or Occurrence Book for those dates or period of time. Station Log Books record all crimes reported by phone or in person to the Station Duty Officer or to officers on the beat. These Log Books, even as far back as the 1980's or 1990's, should be in the Police Scotland archives. If they have not kept these archives then Police are to blame or simlarly if a desk duty officer has not logged it.

I would be very surprised if the Head of Security at Rangers, the late Alistair Hood, an ex high ranking Police Officer would not have 'gone by the book' (forgive the pun) and reported this himself even to the appropriate officer that he may have personally known. However the responsibility still rests on the police to have logged this crime. Furthermore I am not talking about a Constable or Sergeant's personal notebooks here which only have to be kept for a limited time.

Last edited:
Rangers say that the matter was reported to police so the onus is on Strathclyde Police (as it was then) to produce the Station Log or Occurrence Book for for those dates or period of time. Station Log Books record all crimes reported by phone or in person to the Station Duty Officer or to officers on the beat. These Log Books, even as far back as the 1980's or 1990's, should be in the Police Scotland archives. If they have not kept these archives then Police are to blame or simlarly the duty officer has not logged it.

I would be very surprised if the Head of Security at Rangers, the late Alistair Hood, an ex high ranking Police Officer would not have 'gone by the book' and reported this himself even officially to the appropriate officer that he may have personally known. However the responsibility is on the police to have logged this crime. I am not talking about a Constable or Sergeant's personal notebook here which only have to be kept for a limited time.

I believe it was Hood that reported it (Hearsay on my part)

Dead now I’m afraid. But as a police officer himself I would have expected him to keep some written record of what and to whom he reported it. If only to cover himself if it was queried years later. Without that we are left with an assertion that a report was made but the police themselves are unable to locate it.

I can certainly see Souness and Walter taking that mob on, irrespective of what Rangers decide to do. Already their reputations are being besmirched all over social media.

Alistair Hood might have recorded his actions as should our personnel staff. You cant just sack someone without recording why.

Gutter journalism at it's worst. Exploit a victims and use his words to sling mud at an institution your paymasters despise. All in the full knowledge that with several directly involved already dead, including the alleged abuser, the facts are impossible to establish in the absence of a trial.

Hopefully dialogue is established between our club and the victim, so he can find find some form of closure.

Sweeping abuse allegations under the carpet is best left to others, along with shielding a peadophile ring for decades. Now there's a story for you Mr Daly, then again, maybe not...

To be honest I'm not interested or comfortable comparing anything to the scandal at the piggery. It's still sickening what happened to the boy at the hands of Neely no matter the severity of it.

What I do want sorted out is the desperate attempt by Daly to create a cover up story about us and the general acceptance of it by people who hate us.

what version have we to accept as truth though? I was under the impression, this lad was spoken to inappropriately by Neely, his ( the lad's) dad was a policeman and this was reported to the police, Neely sacked.

There should be no comment on this but for the official club statement. It's not a topic for fan speculation. All that does is give the mentally challengeds the chance to further attack the club and the support.

The line should be simple.

Rangers disputes claims that the club failed in its duty to report allegations of abuse to the authorities. The club will not indulge in, or respond to, speculation or the selective quoting of Rangers News articles from almost 30 years ago. Rangers remains ready and willing to contribute to any enquiry that would seek to identify any child safeguarding failures within Scottish football's past and ensure that such failures, if identified, cannot be repeated - an obligation that falls on the whole of Scottish football.

This cannot be allowed to become more ammunition for those looking to attack the club. Fans need to be sensible. Don't pour any petrol on the fire.

Mr Souness held the initial meeting in his car across from Ibrox. The guy who brought modern day fitness facilities and methods at the time, along with his worldwide professionalism, A professional through and through. Held a meeting in his car at the side of the road.

P I S H.

I'd imagine Daly will be looking to doorstep Walter and Souness over the next few days. That's the way he operates.

It’s a fair point you and LOL 133 are making.

In any event, the club have resolved the issue with a pretty decent response

Agree that the club's response was both timely and robust, hitting the BBC and it's scummy reporter Daly right between the eyes.

Take it we won't hold our breath awaiting an on air apology?

You've already been told.

The higher echelons of the club are hardly likely to tell a junior reporter in the Rangers News how to handle a news story whilst such allegations are being investigated.

Alistair Hood, himself a former high-ranking policeman, insisted against the wishes of a parent that a complaint be made and he did so.
Thank god for Alistair Hood.

In all honesty, as a normal human being, I am disgusted with this country, where independence trumps all moral fortitude. It makes people sound Martian. As my good lady would say WTF, and she is a Morton fan. She knows that Big Jock Knew, this country at the moment is f****d. I challenge the young Bears to get off their respective a***s and do sonething. I love my football club and SHOULD have done more and for that I apologise. BUT THIS IS WAR. WATP, FGAU, GTSQ, RTID. Sorry folks, on it tonight. As my deceased Father in Law used to say, " a foo man is a true man". F*P and the Bishop of Derry ( LONDONDERRY). Sorry, sick of the one sided journalistic PISH. Good night all Frustrated Loyal.

I wonder who’s top of the league?

Exactly - Daly went cold on the real story of Celtic after Dornan called him to remind him where his loyalties lie, he's been saving this one for a while in case Celtic look in trouble on the park, which they do.

My understanding (which could be wrong) was he harassed 1 boy verbally, the boy told his father who was a cop, the cop went straight to Walter who called the police to inform them (they did %^*& aw) and ensured Neely was fired?

We need someone around the club at the time to put the record straight and go after those accusing Walter, and others, of wrong doing.

Just for the record if this did happen I will be completely disgusted at those in charge at the time.
If it did happen that way Walter and Souness can back it up.

What a pathetic attempt to drag us down to the level of those operating a peado ring across the city. For years, on most subjects, we’ve had the clamour to portray ‘Rangers bad’ and ‘Celtic good’ but this is a new low.

It’s disgusting the mhutants are so desperate for abuse to have been more widely spread than their own organisation. It’s almost like they feel vindicated by the most tenuous of stories involving Rangers.

Know what really irks me here, the response from the club should’ve been to take Daly by the balls and hang him out to dry. The half hearted response doesn’t exactly defend the club imo

as for the goings on, no idea. But if true it’s sickening.

BBC Scotland have not covered this story again this morning so I wonder if clubs lawyers have got involved

We should take them all the way this time

Daly and co need to taken to court for that report last night
This steaming pile of shite for a story is still on the bastards website. :mad:

BBC Scotland have not covered this story again this morning so I wonder if clubs lawyers have got involved

We should take them all the way this time

Daly and co need to taken to court for that report last night

did any other news outlet run with it? i couldnt see any

After 4 paedos were convicted during a 12 month period who were involved or employed by CFC or CBC why was Martin Henry not interviewed by BBC Scotland?

Why hasn’t Daly investigated a paedo ring at Parkpaed?

6 convictions 1 convicted twice yet no comment about a cover up

What about the 7th paedo who has a warrant out for arrest. Why isn’t Daly out finding the suspect?

It’s never pleasant to have to confront the sickness of child abuse in football.

It’s even more unpleasant to find a section of fans of a club hoping and praying that children were abused at another club in order to deflect from an ongoing, decades-long, history of abuse by what may have been a series of random individuals but which increasingly looks like a linked group at the club they support.

Sadly, this sickness also infects some journalists in Scotland, and elsewhere, who in pursuit of a story have over the last few years sought to pressurise victims into making statements tailored not to unveil the truth but to attempt to muddy the waters and create a situation where ‘one club was as bad as the other.’

I wouldn’t accuse Daly of any of the above but it is instructive to give that background as the small coterie of journalists working in this area are well-known to one another. By repetition and suggestion hunches and prejudice may become ‘facts.’ That is the culture.

By their very nature, predatory paedophiles are secretive and manipulative - often retaining some control of their victims even into adulthood. The most helpful way to encourage victims to come forward is the pursuit of the truth and the examination of the evidence by the police and courts.

With regard to Daly’s latest story it is instructive to re-familiarise ourselves with the facts. Whilst at Rangers there have been two alleged victims of Gordon Neely and one of Harry Dunn - the number of charges and convictions I leave to journalists to inform us of.

The facts with regard to one of Neely’s victims are reasonably well-known - a parent brought an incident to the notice of the club - the same day Neely was called to a meeting with Souness, Walter Smith and former security executive and ex-police officer Alistair Hood. He was sacked.

Despite the parent not wishing to report the incident to the police Alistair Hood’s advice was that it should be - and this was done. 30 years ago that would have been the Strathclyde force. Given Police Scotland’s recent record in losing files it comes as no surprise that they can’t find paper files from a predecessor organisation about an incident 30 years ago. However, we do have two living witnesses to that meeting.

Daly then reports a story about a club employee confronting the child and complaining about the complaint about Neely. This story is again instructive. In claiming the club was negligent it actually reinforces the argument - as soon as a complaint was made Neely was sacked.

The Rangers News clipping about Neely departure is being used in a manner which would lead you to believe the club were complicit in his behaviour. It’s very short and to the point - and why would a Rangers News employee be expected to know the ins and outs of his departure when it’s the subject of a report to the police about an incredibly serious matter which may, or may not, turn out to be true?

The embarrassment for Celtic fans, is of course, the fawning coverage complete with presentations, pictures and shaking of hands which accompanied Torbett’s departure. And, of course, Torbett was welcomed back.

Lastly, the implication is clearly given that Rangers facilitated Neely continued involvement in football when he set up a private vehicle to run soccer classes. No club, or individual, had or has the ability to stop the activities of a private individual when the police can’t. That is an impossibilist scenario.
Has he done a similar story on the scum cover up?

Back