Mark Gillespie Motherwell Goalkeeper

Jan Žižka

English lad, 6 foot 1. 183 games for Carlisle and Walsall before signing for Well in 2018.

On the back of another fine attacking performance from us and good chances created. we could have had 5 or 6 goals today.

The chances we didn't take were down to a keeper agile enough and competent enough diving to both sides.

He really impressed me today. 2 saves from Alfie in particular.

If Wes does move on in, this fella is a year younger and probably only a year left on his deal at most after this season.

One of the best keepers I've seen against us this season, wouldn't be averse to him as back up to McGregor should Wes move on.

He's played 43 games for M/well since 2018 and they are fighting for 3rd in our League, form that must be in part down to him.

Anyone else impressed with him today?

He had a good game today. I would rather promote McCrorie though and have him replace Shagger in a couple of years.

If Wes leaves in January, McCrorie is better served playing at QOS and hopefully a SPFL team next season, maybe M/well if they do us decent terms for Gillespie. ;)

If Wes leaves in January, McCrorie is better served playing at QOS and hopefully a SPFL team next season, maybe M/well if they do us decent terms for Gillespie. ;)
To be honest mate, after the way Motherwell have behaved towards us in recent times, I wouldn't want to give them anything, but you're right, it would be better for the players development to play regular first team football.

A few decent saves but most of them were saves you would expect a goalie to make. His best save was from barisic free kick at the end imo.

He had a very good game today. Doubt he'll have that many more until the next time they play us.

Reactions: TQ3
He had a good game today but any time I've seen him against the tims he's been awful. No thanks - not good enough for me.

I don't watch Scottish football outwith us so it's hard to comment but on today's showing he looks a good keeper.

English lad, 6 foot 1. 183 games for Carlisle and Walsall before signing for Well in 2018.

On the back of another fine attacking performance from us and good chances created. we could have had 5 or 6 goals today.

The chances we didn't take were down to a keeper agile enough and competent enough diving to both sides.

He really impressed me today. 2 saves from Alfie in particular.

If Wes does move on in, this fella is a year younger and probably only a year left on his deal at most after this season.

One of the best keepers I've seen against us this season, wouldn't be averse to him as back up to McGregor should Wes move on.

He's played 43 games for M/well since 2018 and they are fighting for 3rd in our League, form that must be in part down to him.

Anyone else impressed with him today?
We should not be looking at paying money to any of these Rangers hating clubs for players.

The save from Borna's free-kick was the only outstanding one for me. Oh and a very good one in the bottom corner from Alfie's snap shot but I wasn't sure if that was going in.

Back