Mark Hateley Is Now On Twitter.

One of the greatest forwards we’ve ever had.

At his peak he must have been a defenders nightmare.

He had everything:

Skillful, great header, pace, fearless, awareness.

Scored goals, set up goals.

Prob our most dodgy season in the 9 in a row era was the 6th but with big mark in the team you knew everything would be ok.

Best Rangers forward in my lifetime.

In fact I reckon about 91-93 he was probably one of the top 10 forwards in Europe.

We had him as a speaker at a supporters club event last year. I have to admit, I didn’t think he would be very good, but he was excellent. He had quite a lot of good stories about his time at Rangers and at Milan.

When Super broke his leg, the big man stood up and carried the team to victory, and with some panache!! He seemed to gain speed in the 2nd season, and power to go with it. He really was unplayable at times.

He did seem to get a bit of a battering from some supporters. Was never really 100% as to why. I put it down to just a lot of us just being super angry about everything.

Some fucking player though.

Great guy. Always has plenty time for the kids who want to make it in football. A friend of mine has a young lad of 11yrs and Mark said on a trip to the western isles that the boy has the capability for a life at the game. Spoke for ages with plenty of encouragement and helpful info. The lad has now just signed for Ross Co.

Whenever the question of what former player would you like to see in the current team hateleys name is always one i consider as he had everything and did it in the big games as well .

When Ally was in charge, this board was full of folk saying that former players were all sycophants who wouldn't criticise their mate.

Then Hateley did, and got absolutely annihilated for it, because he was working for the club which meant he was working for the Easdales.

I admired him for putting the club's welfare above his friend.

Wasn't quite like that though was it.

He reported to the Easdales about McCoists training sessions.

Now we can complain about McCoist the manager and his poor decisions in regards to the footballing side of the club during that period, but I would have thought Hateley would have had more respect for Super.

He chose the Easdales over McCoist and to a lesser point, us, given we were essentially in war with the board at that time.

Old ground, bad times. No one came out of it in great shape

Wasn't quite like that though was it.

He reported to the Easdales about McCoists training sessions.

Now we can complain about McCoist the manager and his poor decisions in regards to the footballing side of the club during that period, but I would have thought Hateley would have had more respect for Super.

He chose the Easdales over McCoist and to a lesser point, us, given we were essentially in war with the board at that time.

Old ground, bad times. No one came out of it in great shape
Both Hateley and McCoist were employed by the club, which unfortunately meant the Easdales at the time. That also applies to everyone else who endured that shit show. I don't think we can say they were choosing the Easdales over the support.

I don't think Hateley doing his job as he was supposed to can be held against him on the basis of who asked him to do it.

Great big guy, I have done work in big Mark's house a few times. Total gentleman.

What a player he was, he gave 100% for Rangers in every game he played.
I would say he was one of the best forwards in Europe at his peak with us.

Back