Mark Hateley says Colak was a waste of time

How many games do you think he will play once Morelos and Roofe are fully fit?

And if you actually read my posts on him you will see I've stated he will score goals if he gets the chances...he can finish, it's everything else about his game that's the issue.
So the only positive is he scores goals!
In other words he does the most important part of the game well
Outwith his goals I see a player who works incredibly to find spaces and first touch and lay offs OK

The biggest problem is the inability to bring him into play more and I do wonder about playing 2 holding midfielders against Killie at home which reduces options to get midfielders forward which in turn should create more space for Colak to operate in

How many games do you think he will play once Morelos and Roofe are fully fit?

And if you actually read my posts on him you will see I've stated he will score goals if he gets the chances...he can finish, it's everything else about his game that's the issue.
Čolak will be preferred to by Gio than Roofe as Čolak is reliable Roofe in my eyes is done at Rangers.

I'll happily put £50 on he comfortably outscores and gets more starts than roofe. Can be given to charity if you want but deadly serious. You should put money where your fingers are so to speak.

If he starts more than Roofe that will be down to Gio won't it? Would be a bit daft as Roofe is the far superior player but Gio doesn't seem to fancy Roofe so who knows.

Why can’t people just wait and see? It’s genuinely mental making decisive judgements on players after one, two, three performances. The craving for immediate certainty about everything is childish. Back the player and wait and see. I’d say the signs so far are good, but we just can’t know yet.
Pure egotism - everyone wants to be the one that ‘called it’ first, to get some clout on an anonymous Internet forum

Pretty pathetic when you think about it

Look at you bumping the comments B-D

Just because you can’t take someone’s opinion it has to be “look at me I’m right”

We gonna bump these every game?
Everytime you make a lady's front bottom of yerself then aye the threads deserve to be bumped.

I really love Mark Hateley, but his comments about Colak are extremely disappointing. The first touch and the technique on the low drilled shot yesterday were both brilliant, and hopefully Colak now has the platform to go on from that and score many more.

Čolak will be preferred to by Gio than Roofe as Čolak is reliable Roofe in my eyes is done at Rangers.
Roofe has never been fully fit since he joined us.Will be lucky if we get 10 full games from him.Colak will play more often than not this season than Roofe.

I really love Mark Hateley, but his comments about Colak are extremely disappointing. The first touch and the technique on the low drilled shot yesterday were both brilliant, and hopefully Colak now has the platform to go on from that and score many more.
Mark Hateley wants to keep his gub shut! You don't hear or see that mob's ex players slag their team do we? Honestly, give the guy a break.

It was amazing how he got his first real good pass into feet in the box and scored. It’s amazing what good service can do.

Some people on here wanting him to drop deep, skin the whole team then score most be on drugs.

Haha! 1 goal and you're right! Comedy gold.
He’s basically scored two in two league games, he scored a perfectly good goal at Livingston and it was chopped off, it was a cracking header as well.

Find it really strange the criticism he’s getting after 3 fucking games:oops:

Another thing I find strange is posters seem to want him to fail and say, i told you he was shite and be all happy with themselves.

He’s basically scored two in two league games, he scored a perfectly good goal at Livingston and it was chopped off, it was a cracking header as well.

Find it really strange the criticism he’s getting after 3 fucking games:oops:

Another thing I find strange is posters seem to want him to fail and say, i told you he was shite and be all happy with themselves.
And from so few chances.

How hard do you think it is to get into the Croatian squad never mind team
Croatia is a team that does have a pedigree at the top table in International Football
Not many bigging him up but certainly plenty willing to denigrate him unfairly imo
Juranovic plays most games for Croatia atm, listening to most on here they'll tell you he's a Diddy. Herrera had 3 goals in 9 caps for Mexico, but was absolutely destroyed on here. Just look at Ramseys pedigree, case in point. How much time did they get?

Hateley took ages to settle when he arrived but by %^*& he turned into some player. That being said he should button it and give the lad some support.

Colak has scored every genuine chance he’s had made for him.

That Livi goal was fine & he nearly scored from a header first half.

He will do for me as Morelos’ understudy.
why not try a formation that the both of them can play

Will always be grateful to Mark Hateley for the massive contribution he made with Rangers as a player but I thought his recent remarks on Radio Scotland regarding Colak being ‘a waste of time’ was embarrassing.

I believe Colak will make a significant contribution to the team with his goals and overall play and don’t understand the criticism he has received from the media and some of our own support. Along with Alfie they will spearhead our attack this season!

Hateley should have been chased out of Ibrox for betraying McCoist long before this board actually chased him out of Ibrox. The guy is a throbber. Colak will score 20 goals this season no problems.

A typically shit response. Lay into a player after minimal minutes with various snide responses and then try to back out.

It’s the default and preferred position of some to criticise players.
Did you read the post?

What you want me to do …double down on my original opinion?

His goal v Livingston should have counted, never offside! One at the weekend, another tonight! He'll prove to be an excellent signing

Mark Hateley the tactical genius…aye ok Mark.

Love him for his achievements for the club. But some of his viewpoints are more than suspect. Thankfully I don’t think he’ll ever make the move into management!

He should remember how he was viewed when he first came to Ibrox. And some of you will remember McCoist’s reception at the start of his Ibrox tenure also…I wish we as a support would learn at times. Colak’s stick so far has been utterly undeserved. Give the boy a chance!

Last edited:
This lad will score goals. He’s not going to drop deep and link play but if you create chances for him he will put them away. He will do well for us.

Back