Mark Hateley says Colak was a waste of time

Mark ‘I’m not bitter’ Hateley can go and take a flying %^*& to himself.

Another ex-player succumbing to the bheast £.

I loved Hateley back in the day but you'd think if anyone knows how difficult it is to settle in right away at Rangers it's him. Obviously not though. Colak is doing just fine and I'm more than happy with the returns so far.

I agree with post #509.

In hindsight, the headline looks ridiculous, but in context, he was right about the one-off game.

I was at Hateley's debut against ManU (hope I'm right) and he was awful, absolutely awful. The same charge could be levied against him after one game, but he's not continued to say it.

I agree with post #509.

In hindsight, the headline looks ridiculous, but in context, he was right about the one-off game.

I was at Hateley's debut against ManU (hope I'm right) and he was awful, absolutely awful. The same charge could be levied against him after one game, but he's not continued to say it.

But don’t you just say, ‘poor game but whole team poor. Needs to up performance levels and fans will love him’

Seems like Hateley and others just went ‘looks shit. He’s crap’ on one game.

Odd

Am I missing why this was bumped? He didn’t say he is or will be a waste of time, he said he was a waste in one match and had to do better, he wasn’t wrong for that match. He singled out the striker because he used to be one. If he says it again after tonight he’s an idiot
“Colak, for me, was a waste of time. If Morelos is playing there, the ball goes into him. Colak didn’t demand the ball.”

Second competitive game for us when every single player was dire. No issues with folk pulling him up for his waste of time comment, completely unnecessary and not the sort of headline we needed from an ex-player.

Last edited:
Loved big Mark as a player. Remarks like this show he has made the correct decision to stay out of coaching. Entitled to his opinion like any other fan. I am sure he has changed it now.

Big Hateley should know better than most the difficulties strikers can have in their early Ibrox days..

I always felt Hately avoided a lot of criticism for doing this in the champions league. Imagine Alfie did this vs Ajax?
Get a grip, it was a soft red card thirty years ago and still is, Hateley would do well to think before he speaks, his comment about Colak was wrong but let's not start a witch hunt, dragging Morelos into the discussion is absolute nonsense.

Not really if you'd watched the Union game. The whole team (not just Colak) were honking that night but Hateley is entitled to focus upon strikers.
Post #509 nails it.
And obviously it's a snippet from his response to a question.

That question wasn't "Former Rangers striker, how did the goalkeeper do?"

Half the people criticising Hateley are also on a match thread saying far worse.

Mark Hateley just wants the best for Rangers.

I feel he will come around to Colak. (If he hasn't already.)

Colak, I feel, was a good signing. His mobility and work-rate is improving all the time, and he has demonstrated that he is a talented finisher.

This notion (which I have seen here and there) that Colak is "similar to Boyd in some respects" is a total nonsense. Colak is on a higher level to Boyd in almost all aspects of his game. (I'm sorry to disrespect Boyd like that -- as overall, he did deliver for Rangers over his time at the club -- but that's my strong opinion.)

Colak has got what it takes to be successful -- very successful -- at Rangers.

Reactions: ao2
Some people never learn. Not every footballer joins a club and hits the ground running.

See John Lundstram.

Colak has just fired us into the Champions League and secured the club tens of millions of pounds in revenue aswell as making us more appealing to even better signing.

AC9

Some people never learn. Not every footballer joins a club and hits the ground running.

See John Lundstram.

Colak has just fired us into the Champions League and secured the club tens of millions of pounds in revenue aswell as making us more appealing to even better signing.

AC9
See Mark Hateley also, took him a good 6 months to find his form

It's an opinion, everybody has one and sometimes they're right and sometimes they're not.
Nobody gets it right everytime, not even me!

The borderline obsession some seem to have with picking over the bones of early comments made by hateley and others on here about colak has well and truly run its course.

The player has thankfully been a great signing so far and thats all that matters.

Mark Hateley who was shite for virtually his first season slaughtering a guy who’s been scoring and working his socks off shocker!!

Bore off Mark you’re irrelevant!

Back