Mark Walters

Watching you tube today just reminded me what an important player he was for us.
I may go against the grain here but Walters was a far more consistent player than Cooper. Both tremendous talents but I felt Cooper too often drifted in and out of games and could be considered quite lazy during some of his career. Walters rarely played a bad game for us and was constantly a thorn on Celtic's side.

SnarlingMarvelousFerret-size_restricted.gif

Excellent skill

I tried that once and was off school for the rest of the week!

I loved his goals, he always seemed to get the ball to slide down the Stantion in the back of the net adding to the finesse

One of my all time favourite players. A player you would pay the ticket price just to watch.
He scored an absolute peach up at Tanadice. I remember it was snowing, he beat 3 or 4 defenders before chipping Billy Thompson.
A great goal and there were no cameras to film it.

I think the pressure he was under, being black, was massively under estimated. He was a standout in most games he appeared in despite all the attention from idiots at other clubs. What would you give to have a 25 year old Walters in the team today?

Understand the point you make but as I'm sure the man himself would attest he was immediately made welcome at Rangers by the staff and teammates alike. Don't think it's a coincidence he settled very quickly and we reaped the benefits. Suffered the most atrocious display of racism in Scottish football history at the piggery which is of course conveniently airbrushed from history , but he successfully returned the sentiment by tormenting the bastards throughout his Rangers career.

Back