Mark Walters

I remember watching him fly past a few defenders when he first arrived was absolutely amazed by the power he had

He entertained.
He created goals.
He scored goals.

And he scored them when it mattered.

A brilliant player. I was less than happy when we sold him and kept Huistra (with respect to him, but he just wasn't as good).

I though he was brilliant, he could just drop a shoulder and do the shuffle , he was way ahead of his time and would be worth 80 mil today. Some of his goals are out of this world

A truly magnificent player, a crowd pleaser and more importantly a match winner.

He scored against the filth at Ibrox, Parkhead and Hampden.

I loved the man and he himself clearly loved playing for us. He was a great servant and an outstanding footballer. Took abuse from the cloggers when football was still a contact sport, but never hid and always went back for more. He done it when it mattered too and especially against the filth. They were terrified of him. He'd be worth a fortune nowadays. I was gutted when he left us.

I though he was brilliant, he could just drop a shoulder and do the shuffle , he was way ahead of his time and would be worth 80 mil today. Some of his goals are out of this world

I don't know how much he would go for, but without criticising Ryan Kent, if he is worth ÂŁ7m then Mark Walters would be an absolute fortune.

The thing he is probably never remembered for is he could give it out as well as take it, he didn't let full backs kick him without giving some back. Physical battles didn't bother him.

Between assists and actual goals scored he must have been close to giving us a goal per game . What a player he was for us , absolutely magic .

SnarlingMarvelousFerret-size_restricted.gif

Looking back now, I think Walters was very underrated. But this was a time when our team was full of superstars.

Fantastic player. Gutted when he left. Would love to have seen Walters and Laudrup in the same team.

he was a wonderful player

legendary in my eyes, was devastated when he left

had that ability of being brilliant against the scum/aberdeen

Last edited:
Mark should have been at Ibrox tonight for the rally of the association.

Sadly postponed due to the covid crisis.

My auld man loved Mark Walters. Said the fella just terrorised teams. Even in the days where meaty challenges were ten a penny. Pick a crazy figure, for what he'd be worth today. Will always have a place in the hearts of Bears everywhere. And always speaks well of the club. Gentleman.

He was pure class, him and latterly Stewart McColl never quite got the praise I think they deserved. Hugely influencial, never hid and never gave up.

"Flash" was an outstanding player, one of my all time heroes. His exploits against the bheasts and the sheep are beyond comparison to anyone as far as I'm concerned.

Often wonder if maybe on Marks debut for us that the most racist, sectarian support in world football hadn't found it acceptable to sell every fruit shop in the vacinity of the piggery out of bananas and then proceed to throw them at him then maybe he wouldn't have been so prolific against them.

I loved the man and he himself clearly loved playing for us. He was a great servant and an outstanding footballer. Took abuse from the cloggers when football was still a contact sport, but never hid and always went back for more. He done it when it mattered too and especially against the filth. They were terrified of him. He'd be worth a fortune nowadays. I was gutted when he left us.

I agree he loved playing for us but Aston Villa will always be his favourite team.

Mark Walters was an outstanding player for Rangers!
In his early days, he showed his character & determination to succeed at Rangers, given the disgraceful abuse he had to take from away 'supporters'.
He skipped past defenders for fun with his double shuffle!
Created & scored goals - one of the great Rangers wingers!

A real player, got the crowd on their feet. Shameful the abuse he took. Was devastated when he left for Liverpool. He was sheer class and ability was second to none.

Loved watching Mark Walters,such a skilful player with a great knack for scoring against the tinks.Should never have left.

My dad and I loved Walters.

His shuffle and step over were glorious but he could cushion a ball coming out of the sky on the full with sublime delicacy.

Skills.

My first game at Ibrox I saw mark Walter's and realised that he was good at a young age.

He was my favourite player at the time.

Maybe being in scotland, playing for rangers and black maybe made him depart earlier than he should have but he was no where S much adored as the stands all of our fans loved him.

Its terrible the behaviour over the colour of his skin by certain supporters of other Scottish clubs.

He could do a decent job even today I an sure :D

Back