Happy 56th birthday to Mark Walters

Happy Birthday Mark. Have got many happy memories of his goals and partnership with Ally. A rich seam of Goals and running rings around defences across europe

Happy birthday! What a tremendous player and a great all round guy by all accounts. But 56 you say? Where did the time go?! :))

Feckin hell-56, its not just me whose getting old!
Happy birthday Mark, I wish you were 30 years younger.

Happy birthday Mark Walters!
One of my favourite players & one of the best from that era! It was a disgrace that he had take so much abuse from some away 'fans' but he certainly came through that with flying colours & let his feet doing the talking!
A great player for Rangers on & off the pitch!

Was never lucky enough to see him live. (before my time) but from the clips I have saw, what a player he was, and he is a very proud member of the Rangers family.

Happy birthday Mark Walters.

One of my all-time favourite Rangers players. Wonderful footballer.

Happy Birthday Mark Walters.

At 43 I'm lucky to have seen him play live in a Rangers jersey. A superb player, a winger with a goal threat who led defenders on a merry dance. He would be in my Rangers XI that I've seen live.

It was also great to see him continue to represent the club with distinction in many of the 5 a side Masters tournaments.

I honestly think if wasn't for the fact he had Cooper before him then Laudrup not long after him, that Mark Walters would have a much higher reputation as a Rangers great.

His record of goals and assists in the big games was fantastic.

Happy birthday Mark.

I loved the penalty he scored in the 4 - 1 game against Scum FC. When he kissed the jersey in front of their fans they went mental.

That was my 2nd Old Firm game.

If that shot in the OP goes in then it's a better goal than the famous dummy the goalie miss by Pele had he scored it.

Rumour is Zinedine Zidane was there that night at Tynecastle and forever wanted to pull off that skill in a game.

There can be no bigger compliment than that.

Walter's was a great player for us in a golden age, a real big time player who produced when it mattered most.

Happy birthday!!!

Happy birthday Mark....was a wee bit confused though to learn he forgave the poets for their now infamous display at the piggery

What a day. I'd never seen us score 5 against them. It should have been 7 or 8 though. Walters was a magnificent signing. Happy birthday Mark Walters.

Scored a cracker of a free kick in my first ever Rangers game, against Hibs with Andy Goram in goals as well.

Only caught the tail end of his Rangers career but enough to see he was a class player.

What a day. I'd never seen us score 5 against them. It should have been 7 or 8 though. Walters was a magnificent signing. Happy birthday Mark Walters.
Wasn’t born sadly think my first time seeing 5 against them was November 2000 after they’d beat us 6-2 in the August which sadly was my first time there

Where I was delighted at the score I was annoyed at Souness as he could have pushed on and got more as they had surrendered round about the hour mark when the 5th went in. He chose to sit back and play keep the ball instead of going for history, I’m sure this will be one of his regrets.

Where I was delighted at the score I was annoyed at Souness as he could have pushed on and got more as they had surrendered round about the hour mark when the 5th went in. He chose to sit back and play keep the ball instead of going for history, I’m sure this will be one of his regrets.

I couldn't agree more mate. As I said in a previous post, 7,8 or 9 was possible.

Nearly half an hour left and we were 5-1 up, it’s one of the biggest regrets ever, we could and should have scored 7 or 8.

Always loved the goal from Walters, never tire of watching the reaction in the Copland, it was utter carnage, I think I ended up 2 rows in front of where I was sitting. The scenes after it were phenomenal too, walking along PRW singing and dancing, car horns beeping, folk hanging out the old ‘back ender’ buses waving scarves and flags, it was amazing.

The peasants were in full revolt at 5-1.

I wouldn't be surprised if the match commander, fearing unrest, asked Rangers to take the foot off the pedal, hence why Souness came on and changed the nature of the game.

It's still a cherished memory, though, a proper spanking, and forget about the scapegoating of Ian Andrews - he was arguably culpable for only one goal.

Great player for us, consistent performer not something you traditionally associate with a winger, loved the Walters shuffle.

Back