Mark Warburton

Pedro at least knew he needed to sign a big centre half to head the ball out of the box.

Warburton's team took 4 and 5 goal horsings off Celtic. Pedro's team was unlucky to lose that game v them 2-0 at Ibrox. We had a couple of good chances at 0-0.
Pedro is a fraud and albeit not his team overseen us lose 5-1 at Ibrox.

The QPR team he played tonight was truely atrocious. He had no chance, but blame has to be with him for recruiting some of those players

I can see why he was a director of football before he became a manager, he has a good eye for a player and can get them at a great price. Unfortunately, he doesn’t have the skillset of a manager. He needs a proper manager alongside him to implement his tactics and to help those players he signs reach their full potential.
He doesn't really have the eye for a player. Tavernier, Waghorn and Kiernan did do well in the Scottish Championship as you would expect having come from the English Championship. His signings when he got to the Premiership were abysmal and totally underestimated the league.

Warburtons teams always have a fatal flaw. Once that’s found out, he’s incapable of changing his tactics to recover.

He doesn't really have the eye for a player. Tavernier, Waghorn and Kiernan did do well in the Scottish Championship as you would expect having come from the English Championship. His signings when he got to the Premiership were abysmal and totally underestimated the league.
I was talking in a relative sense, for a team like Brentford he was a good director of football as he got them guys like Andre Gray, James Tarkowski, Jota, Jack O’Connell and Scott Hogan, all of whom went to either play at a high level or make Brentford a large profit compared to how much they paid for them.

I think his signings for us were more a sign of his underestimation of our league rather than him not having an eye for a player. I think he liked signing players with potential that had lost their way, which isn’t as much of a risk for a club like Brentford, but doesn’t really work at a club that demands consistent results like ours.

He’s definitely not a manager.

Pedro at least knew he needed to sign a big centre half to head the ball out of the box.

Warburton's team took 4 and 5 goal horsings off Celtic. Pedro's team was unlucky to lose that game v them 2-0 at Ibrox. We had a couple of good chances at 0-0.

they were both absolutely shocking managers in the SPL. Pedro signed a bunch of players and it was jarring when we started the season still looking like a shite side. Both embarrassed us against that lot, and I’d love to erase both of their tenures from my mind completely.

Did a job for us at the start and will always be thankful he set a base back at our club, was too stubborn to change his philosophy and it ultimately cost him his job, and unfortunately looks like it will continue to time and time again, but as I say always be thankful for the good he did for us, we are in a much better place now and he partly helped us get here.

Remember he tried to pull the wool over our Board and was found out planning to leave and go to Forest. A lying cheat of a man. He said he would sue us.........nothing came of this. He and his assistant Weir should never be allowed anywhere near Ibrox again.
There was a poster on this very board who met him on the train south the day he was found out to be at it.

Will never forget the presser where he was put on the spot about being down south and meeting forest - he was a bumbling mess, totally found out for being a fucking smart arse.

Also never forget his absolute refusal to rule out a move to Fulham and just batting the question back to the journalist by saying it was disrespectful to be asking those questions, instead of just outright denying that he had any interest in that particular vacancy at the time.

Pretty sure it was the inimitable heart & hand podcast that called him out for fluttering his eyes at any potential suitor. Absolute fraud of a man

The guy is a tragic bastard and I'd be astonished if he gets another job after this without dropping down to league 2 or similar where he belongs. Got no time for him whatsoever, no better than a self promoting LinkedIn wanker with no substance to back up his utter pish talk.

I must have erased this game from my memory, no recollection of it whatsoever. Having watched the highlights it was a crazy game, dozens and dozens of chances for both teams, some absolutely awful defending.

Just done the same. Seen King and could have sworn that Gerrard loaned him and not Warburton.

Billy King on loan. Now playing for a mid table Irish team at the age of 26. Mental.

Just to add, he deserves credit for turning Auchenhowie from a holiday camp into a proper training centre and for some great football early doors, but that’s about where it ends. The rest was snake oil salesman stuff.

whenever I see us lose a cheap goal now I sometimes remind myself of how far we’ve come from the days of MW where conceding a corner (or a free kick) felt a bit like conceding a penalty.
Just about to post this. He gave us a bit of pride and professionalism back, but he never really came across as a 'football man'. Seemed he was more into philosophies and strategy than winning trophies.

His couldn't spot a defender if his life depended on it either. It's strange that he continues to make the same mistakes as he did at us with every club he goes to.

Sad to think I sat up late for a talksport interview with him when he was linked, googling rumours etc, was buzzing as he had done a good job at Brentford. Came in and had us playing brilliant footy

Honeymoon ended when we got the same quotes every week, refusal to acknowledge his tactical shortcomings and in the end turned out to be a snake. Watched an interview with him and si ferry and even in that he came across as a knob when talking about his time with us, as though we had been the ones to shaft him. Didn't have the mentality to take us back to where we belong, thank god we have Gerrard in charge now.

The likes of Warburton and Pedro should be a reminder to anyone who calls for SG and staff out after a couple of poor results. Is he exempt from criticism, of course not but everyone can see where we are going both domestically and in europe, by far the strongest team in the country now with players of value. Ultimately he will be judged on this seasons trophy count, which I'm confident will be a success. Hopefully we can hold on to him for a few more years as he is building something special, all the while MW and PC will remain irrelevant

Great manager at first, total football, but no backbone.
I’ll never forget our game away to Falkirk under him. Best fitbaw ad maybe seen live, 0-2 going on 0-20, miller and McKay with the goals I’m sure, and we got beat 3-2.

there’s guys on here I don’t think could handle watching that again when you consider which defender it was that got taken to the cleaners about 5 or 6 times including for one of their goals.

I've just spent 9 minutes watching that 3-2 Falkirk game.

That was completely wiped from memory. Not one bit of it even rang a bell.

We got skelped 1-5at Ibrox under Pedro.

Most managers and arrogant and have an ego . They need to have the courage to know their decisions are correct.

However they need to be willing to learn and constantly evolve. This is where most managers fail.

And this is why we've been so lucky with Gerrard. He knew the areas he lacked strength in and ensured he had strong staff around him to support in these areas.

He has constantly learned and we've seen the evolution of this over the last 2 years.

Guys like Warburton, Pedro and even PLG knew best and were neither willing nor capable of changing direction. If we gave them all 3 years the outcome would have been the same.

We're lucky to have someone who is a winner, has high self confidence but is also self aware enough to know he's in a learning curve right now. A rarity.

For all the attacking his team do, I think they’ve now gone something like 4 games without a goal. I liked him as a person but looking back his ignorance killed him.

A fraud with no backbone. Did alright outspending the 1st division but when it cut to the chase he had no clue and thought Niko Krancjar, Joey Barton and Joe Garner were the way forward.

Still pretty peed off about the cup final we threw away v hibs then (probably as a club moreso) and didnt go after hibs/sfa for the pitch invasion debacle.

Lets not even mention the Phillip Senderos thing, what a joke that was.

Think he’s maybe more suited to managing an underdog type side like when he was in charge at Brentford?

I’ll never forget him going to the chamber of secrets with a midfield 3 of Barton, Kranjcar and Windass.

Warburton lost 5-1 at Parkhead, 1-0 in the cup semi-final at Hampden & then 2-1 at Ibrox in the December.

Pedro wasn’t in the charge for the 1-1 game, Hill equaliser, so that doesn’t count. Thereafter he was in charge for a miserable surrender at Hampden in the Scottish Cup semi-final, followed by an absolute 5-1 doing at Ibrox the week after.

Then consider the Progres debacle and some of the rubbish he brought in over the summer and there’s just no case for saying he was a better manager for us than Warburton, especially using Old Firm games as a point of reference.

I’m by no means a fan of Warburton either.

A shame as he’s a decent likeable guy. I feel that he’d be better suited to an academy role. Even that job Malky McKay is doing (if he’s still there) at the SFA. He’s got a good footballing brain but seems a bit stubborn.
Totally agree.

5-1 at Ibrox against the scummy, our proud home record against the sheep and progres.

I'm sorry mate but I'm having none of that.

Started so well, but once teams learned how to shut up shop against us and impose themselves against our powderpuff midfield and defence, he really had no answers.

By the time Hearts destroyed us at Tynecastle in the league, I think everyone, Warburton included, knew his time was up.
I'm sure Warburton started Matt Crooks in that game after he was out injured for months and Hearts destroyed him. Warburton is a total fraud, his inability to see how awful his defences are borders on insanity.

He was out of his depth. He is obviously talented in some respects but is really being found out now. He would do well at the likes of a Morton where he can oversee everything about the Club, be the cultural architect, improve it and not really have too much pressure.

He and his big pal Davie ‘Rob Kiernan is CL quality’ Weir, obviously have a blind spot when it comes to defending, especially so from a physical perspective.

Was it the Hamilton game where he said that he was mortified “Going for 55” was part of the card display?

The rights and wrongs of such bombast are up for debate, but it shows that deep down he had no real grasp of the DNA of this club. As Willie Waddell said, what sets Rangers and the people at Rangers apart is their ability to think big. He didn’t have that.

I never quite get the obsession with this character.

Many seemed to convince himself he was the real deal because we romped the Championship playing some decent football, but the proof was always going to come once we’d returned to the top flight and it was there that he was found to be out of his depth.

That’s all it was for me - a limited manager who did his bit, but ultimately wasn’t good enough.

God knows we’ve had enough of them over the past decade.

There was a poster on this very board who met him on the train south the day he was found out to be at it.

Will never forget the presser where he was put on the spot about being down south and meeting forest - he was a bumbling mess, totally found out for being a fucking smart arse.

Also never forget his absolute refusal to rule out a move to Fulham and just batting the question back to the journalist by saying it was disrespectful to be asking those questions, instead of just outright denying that he had any interest in that particular vacancy at the time.

Pretty sure it was the inimitable heart & hand podcast that called him out for fluttering his eyes at any potential suitor. Absolute fraud of a man

The guy is a tragic bastard and I'd be astonished if he gets another job after this without dropping down to league 2 or similar where he belongs. Got no time for him whatsoever, no better than a self promoting LinkedIn wanker with no substance to back up his utter pish talk.
He was chasing the Fulham job not long after coming to us,the man is a snake.

He was chasing the Fulham job not long after coming to us,the man is a snake.
remember it well. dragged on for weeks and the pressers were embarrassing as he just outright refused to deny he would be interested. One journalist actually put it to him and said "if you just say you're not interested, we won't ask the question again", and he dodged that one as well by trotting out the "its disrespectful" line.

Fuck him.

I never quite get the obsession with this character.

Many seemed to convince himself he was the real deal because we romped the Championship playing some decent football, but the proof was always going to come once we’d returned to the top flight and it was there that he was found to be out of his depth.

That’s all it was for me - a limited manager who did his bit, but ultimately wasn’t good enough.

God knows we’ve had enough of them over the past decade.
The tail end of the championship the warning signing where there we were no longer taking 4/5 of teams as memory serves me right the loss in the Scottish cup should of been a wake up call we were all over the place defensively but beating the scum clouded many of our judgment

5-1 at Ibrox against the scummy, our proud home record against the sheep and progres.

I'm sorry mate but I'm having none of that.
Just think if we hadn’t lost that game to Aberdeen Gerrard would have been the manager to blow that home record against Aberdeen.

He's obviously a bright guy. I just can't fathom why he refuses to alter his philosophy to one that is slightly more pragmatic and ultimately more successful.

We could ALL see that our defence needed work, as could Forest fans, and now the same problems are evident at QPR.

It's insanity.
....by definition,insanity is repeating the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

Back