Arfield - 8
Davis - 7
Kamara - 8

Roofe - 9
Alfredo - 9
Kent - 6

Gerrard - 5

Man of the match - Roofe

Just being honest mate. McGregor wasn’t far off 5 either.

6 for me is average rating.

I’ve been Tavs biggest fan this season - it’s actually ok to recognise he had a poor game today.
See I don't think he had a 'mare per se but as you say compared to what he's offered this season it was somewhat lacking from his usual 9 to a 7

Shagger - 5

Tav - 4
Goldson - 5
Balogun - 6
Barasic - 7

Arfield - 8
Davis - 7
Kamara - 8

Roofe - 9
Alfredo - 9
Kent - 6

Gerrard - 5

Man of the match - Roofe
A man from the school of no such thing as a good goal only bad defending I see !
Would you rate Benfica players similarly position wise?

Just had an off day. Happens to everyone at some point.
Yeah seemed to be unable to shake the demons early on, had a misplaced pass that gifted a chance early on and never recovered mentally. Didn't shirk though was still driving forward and sets the tone for the team. Off day as you say, I'd start him Sunday to banish any negativity rolling on

Shagger - 5

Tav - 4
Goldson - 5
Balogun - 6
Barasic - 7

Arfield - 8
Davis - 7
Kamara - 8

Roofe - 9
Alfredo - 9
Kent - 6

Gerrard - 5

Man of the match - Roofe
Im out of here tonight, some of the ratings are a joke - 4s and 5s!

I'm in a minority of one, but I thought the best Rangers player on the pitch tonight was Steven Davis.

He tired in the last 15 minutes like most the team, but up till then his positioning, interceptions, passing and general play was top drawer.

I'm in a minority of one, but I thought the best Rangers player on the pitch tonight was Steven Davis.

He tired in the last 15 minutes like most the team, but up till then his positioning, interceptions, passing and general play was top drawer.

He was exceptional tonight.

Too many performances for me to pick a MOTM.

McGregor - 7

Tavernier - 6
Goldson - 7
Balogun - 8
Barišić - 7

Arfield - 8
Davis - 7
Kamara - 7

Roofe - 8
Morelos - 8
Kent - 7

MOTM - Balogun

I’m not that close to most of the posters’ assessments so decline to comment lol

for me the best performers were our three on our lhs of the team . Take your pic for ur motm .

McGregor 6
Tav 6
Goldson 7
Balogun 7
Borna 6

Davis 7
Kamara 8
Arfield 6

Roofe 7
Alfie 8
Kent 6

Gerrard 5 for the lack of subs at 2-1

McGregor - 7

Tavernier - 6
Goldson - 7
Balogun - 8
Barišić - 7

Arfield - 8
Davis - 7
Kamara - 7

Roofe - 8
Morelos - 8
Kent - 7

MOTM - Balogun
For me Balogun fully justified his inclusion ahead of Helander, but his going to ground sold their second. If he stays on his feet they probably don’t score. Thought Kent merited no more than a six, really poor with the ball last night.

Last edited:
Mcgregor 7

Tav 6
Goldson 7
Balogun 8
Barisic 6

Kamara 8
Davis 8
Arfield 8

Kent 7
Roofe 8

Morelos 8.5
Pretty much same thinking as me but would have given roofe an extra half point as well .Fantasic player and what a goal inc. the build up .Beautiful to watch .
Him and Alfie were superb last night

Greegs -7

Tav -7
Goldson-8
Balogun -8
Barasic -7

Arfield -7
Davis -7
Kamara -8

Roofe -8
Alfredo -8
Kent -7

Gerrard - 8

Man of the match- Balogun

Tough to take tonight , but they probably deserved a result , it shows how far we’ve come to get twice, two goals ahead of a team of there class & be disappointed.
To be fair the gaffer said we didn't deserve a 2-0 lead and I can see where he was coming from as I thought we invited them on to us too many times and we didn't keep the ball for long enough. Just shows how far we've come that I find it disappointing drawing with Benfica.

Kent was at least an 8 for his phenomenal work rate alone I’m pretty sure nobody else in the team covered more miles than him.

Alfie shades Motm for me over Kamara. Thought Kent tactically and work rate wise was first class aswell, maybe didnt quite happen on the ball for him tonight, but he still played a big part.

Agreed, I thought Kent off the ball was superb, there many occasions where he tracked back and helped out defensively. In an attacking sense, there were a few occasions when his first touch let him down.

I thought Morelos was our MOTM, he was always a nuisance, and this season we have started to see another side to his play, link up play and being less selfish. On another night, his shot doesn't go onto the bar after the keeper parries it, but in the net.

I am a massive fan of Kamara, thought he had a very good game, such an aware and mature player.

Greegs -7. Unlucky with the first, no chance for the second.

Tav - 6. Shaky start, but always running.
Goldston- 7. Suspect and commanding in equal measure. Not his best night.
Balogun - 7. Great last ditch tackle at the end of the first half. Still doesn’t quite look comfortable for me. Can’t put my finger on it.
Barasic -7. Great running and delivery.

Arfield -7. Industrious and got his goal.
Davis - 6. Great for 60, not got the legs for 90 at the intensity required to match the first half.
Kamara - 7 Tidy.

Roofe - 9. Great technique, workrate and interplay. What a goal.
Alfredo -8. Always available and productive.
Kent - 8. Attacking runs, incisive, chasing back, won umpteen tackles.

Gerrard - 7.
This game was there to be won with experienced in-game management. Set us up brilliantly, got in control and ultimately threw away 2 points with stubbornness.

You can’t ask 11 players to play at the intensity he does for the full 90 minutes, I wonder if the Benfica manager clocked this. That high press is just not compatible with not making substitutions.

Thought his after match comments were telling - ie, a draw was a fair result. Over the 90, it wasn’t. We threw it away.

Last edited:
Back