Marseille on RTV?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any idea how you cancel the £5/month?

Now there’s a question. Never done that and the RangersTV website doesn’t seem to cater for that.

One sure fire way is to go to the WorldPay website and cancel your debit instruction there. You should have had an email and login/password from them when you first signed up. After that's done then login to RangersTV and purchase the Unlimited package. Dunno if that will generate another WorldPay account or not though but it shouldn’t matter.

https://secure.worldpay.com/fp/jsp/common/login_shopper.jsp

Or start a thread asking, I’m sure some will have been through the process.:)

Or email support@rangerstv.tv

Now there’s a question. Never done that and the RangersTV website doesn’t seem to cater for that.

One sure fire way is to go to the WorldPay website and cancel your debit instruction there. You should have had an email and login/password from them when you first signed up. After that's done then login to RangersTV and purchase the Unlimited package. Dunno if that will generate another WorldPay account or not though but it shouldn’t matter.

https://secure.worldpay.com/fp/jsp/common/login_shopper.jsp

Or start a thread asking, I’m sure some will have been through the process.:)

I have the £17.25 subscription now so I guess I'm going to have the £5 one as well as I cant be fucked messing about trying to cancel it. :)

dont need a VPN mate dont live in the UK, cannot see the subscription you describe that shows every game live, certainly not Europa games, maybe im missing something

Fair enough I didn't realise it doesn't include Europa games, assumed it did as it includes the qualifiers. My point still stands though. £17.25 is amazing value.

I have the £17.25 subscription now so I guess I'm going to have the £5 one as well as I cant be fucked messing about trying to cancel it. :)

If you can get into the WorldPay website I linked you will probably have BOTH accounts listed. It’s very straightforward to cancel the £5 debit from there.

All you need is the login and password. If you still gave the same email address you can use the ‘forgotten password’ link to get it sent to you.

EDIT: see post from @wd1872 above. It seems you will be ‘sorted’ automatically.

Rangers FC v Olympique Marseille

Sunday 14 July – Kick Off 3pm

Ticket prices adults £15, concessions £10 and juniors £5.

There isn't any excuse for it being £12 on Rangers TV. Scandalous!

Although not the point it might just tempt a lot more along tomorrow that live in the locale (doubt that was the intention though). A brain-fart of a price whoever came up with it - shocking.

Rangers FC v Olympique Marseille

Sunday 14 July – Kick Off 3pm

Ticket prices adults £15, concessions £10 and juniors £5.

There isn't any excuse for it being £12 on Rangers TV. Scandalous!

Although not the point it might just tempt a lot more along tomorrow that live in the locale (doubt that was the intention though). A brain-fart of a price whoever came up with it - shocking.

TBF, I just got the unlimited subscription which I wouldnt have done if it had been the usual £5.99.

I think thats exactly what they are going for here.

Is it possible to subscribe to the unlimited package for a month to get the rest of the pre-season if you’re based in UK?

You can subscribe to the Unlimited package from anywhere. However, whilst tomorrow’s match is, unusually, available in the UK the general thing is that most matches also require a VPN. You’d also need to remember and cancel the package after a month via WorldPay, the agency who collect the subs.

TBF, I just got the unlimited subscription which I wouldnt have done if it had been the usual £5.99.

I think thats exactly what they are going for here.

Kudos to whoever if that is what they were thinking but hmmmm...

No - they are saying it is available in UK and Ireland this time around. It is £12 though - unless you are on the Unlimited (£17.25 per month) package.

https://rangers.co.uk/news/rangers-tv/watch-marseille-match-live-on-rtv/

v8lppy.png

Rangers may be a family but it is also a business.
With a reported 10000 on the season ticket waiting list why not 'cash in' on a business opportunity and help the family & everything Rangers FC stands for ?

Season ticket holders, supporters/fans don't like Sky/BT/Premier, fact !
Some don't even like RTV or so it seems :oops::rolleyes:
Overseas Bears (and I am one) get a good deal compared to those in UK & Ireland simply because of the 'rules'. We didn't make the rules but we still support the Gers.

For the price of £17.25 per month and the 50+ games average over the last few seasons it is a steal of a deal that converts to literally the price of a pint per game - no matter where you live ;)
Actually this month there are 6 games listed so that's £2.88 per game :p:cool:
If you compare £15 paying at the gate (plus travel, food & drink) to £12 to sit in you living room (and a few cans for ASDA) is it really something to bitch & complain about ...

is it a typo?!

Who the %^*& knows. What a mess. The splurge on the website is clearly stating it’s available everywhere but France - but that not what you get when you go to buy it.

All I can say is that when a game is only free for Unlimited package subscribers then it is NORMALLY only available outside the UK.

I think RangersTV have made a right pig’s ear of this.

RANGERS’ host Marseille at Ibrox on Sunday and the match will be available to supporters on RangersTV across the world.

If you can’t make it along to Ibrox to see Steven Gerrard’s men face the French giants, you can follow the action live with your official club channel.

Fans will be able to view in the UK and Ireland as well as across the globe*, so buy now to secure your live coverage this weekend.

The match costs £12 to pay-per-view, or is available to RangersTV Unlimited subscribers only. This match is not included in RangersTV Standard packages.

Who the %^*& knows. What a mess. The splurge on the website is clearly stating it’s available everywhere but France - but that not what you get when you go to buy it.

All I can say is that when a game is only free for Unlimited package subscribers then it is NORMALLY only available outside the UK.

I think RangersTV have made a right pig’s ear of this.

has UK tv picked this up?

I think I pay enough between season ticket, Europa tickets and my RTV subscription.

But maybe I'm just miserable.
You do mate.
But I suppose the club are just chasing down income streams ruthlessly.
Discretion for individuals is impossible.

I have no idea what RTV will be for league games this season other than the website quotes $9.50 a game. No idea what it was in $$ last year. I paid £5.99 per game that was not on local tv here. Usually that was 2 games a month as others were shown on local Croat tv.

I have no idea what RTV will be for league games this season other than the website quotes $9.50 a game. No idea what it was in $$ last year. I paid £5.99 per game that was not on local tv here. Usually that was 2 games a month as others were shown on local Croat tv.

Here’s a new take on it mate.

The monthly package is listed at $28.50. In real terms that means they take £17.25.

The individual match is shown priced at $9.50. That is one third of $28.50. (£17.25). One third of £17.25 is £5.75.

Maybe the prices are staying the same this year.:)) I doubt it though.

I'm cancelling my subscription if the next friendly is priced the same, daylight robbery

Got it for my old man in Belgium and we can now chat about the team, in fact the old yin is watching it every day and looking at youth games, training, interviews and games. He absolutely loves it.

An excellent purchase for any Rangers fan who can’t make it along to Ibrox and an absolute ‘must have’ for any Rangers fan living in exile abroad.

Does anyone know how many of our games were on Sky or BT last season?
I have both, and I'm trying to work out if it is worth getting the £17.25 monthly package or just paying for games on an individual basis.

Cheers

I have both, and I'm trying to work out if it is worth getting the £17.25 monthly package or just paying for games on an individual basis.

Cheers

Can’t give you numbers but basically between them they have virtually every away match plus the home Old Firm matches. Guess it depends, really, on how much other sport - or other teams - you watch on Sky and BT. By the time you pay for both you must be forking out quite a sum every month.

Can’t give you numbers but basically between them they have virtually every away match plus the home Old Firm matches. Guess it depends, really, on how much other sport - or other teams - you watch on Sky and BT. By the time you pay for both you must be forking out quite a sum every month.

Both part of my Virgin package mate, so don't really have an individual price for them.
Although I'm sure they only really show about half of our away games, no way it is all of them.

On holiday in Turkey and pay the fiver a month subscription, paid for the St Joseph's game but they can piss off if they think I'm paying £12 to watch a friendly, already paid for the match ticket and missing it! Will be watching it on facebook

Any cheap Rangers taps, bud? :))

Seriously, this place gets more mental by the day. Changes from 'you have to spend £70 on an official top or you're not a proper fan' to 'how dare they charge money for watching a friendly in the comfort of my own home.' (I'm paraphrasing).

OK to use illegal streaming, but don't buy a fake tee. Bizarre.

Cheers
Every single league away game was on live last season. In the league cup, the Killie and Sheep games were. In the Scottish Cup, both games v Killie and both v Aberdeen plus Cowdenbeath. All 6 Europa League games were on BT. I make that 32 games so far then 4 league games from Ibrox - 2 x Celtic, Hibs and Aberdeen.

36 in total

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back