Marseille on RTV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeckoBear29

Proud Bronze MyGers Member
Official Ticketer
Will this game be free on RTV for subscribers like Oxford was? Can’t manage so was hoping to watch the first half

Probably mate but I think they like to announce it as late as possible so as not to affect ticket sales too much

It's advertised on RTV now mate
vWoOQMH.jpg

Game is on for unlimited subscribers or £12 pay per view.

https://rangers.co.uk/news/rangers-tv/watch-marseille-match-live-on-rtv/

Clear strategy in place now to get more subscribers. If you’d subscribed at £5 per month last Saturday you’d have got the Oxford game and this game (with probably Blackburn and Derby to come) for £5. If you’d bought these two games individually it would have been £22 - with the other two still to come. Ouch!

Get subscribing Bears, you know it makes sense.

EDIT: see later posts. Odd. It’s only on the overseas package (£17.25) you get this game.

Last edited:
Clear strategy in place now to get more subscribers. If you’d subscribed at £5 per month last Saturday you’d have got the Oxford game and this game (with probably Blackburn and Derby to come) for £5. If you’d bought these two games individually it would have been £22 - with the other two still to come. Ouch!

You sure you get them on the £5pm subscription? I thought that only got you replays and interviews. May be different as its friendlies I don't know

It says you dont get it on the fiver a month package.

You sure you get them on the £5pm subscription? I thought that only got you replays and interviews. May be different as its friendlies I don't know
It says you dont get it on the standard package.

So is Rangers TV unlimited different from the 5 quid a month subscription?
Yes mate. I'm on unlimited and get all games live as well as all the other content. I think the fiver subscription just gets interviews etc then match replays after midnight. I think it's about £25 a month or something can't remember

Makes sense to be honest. I have the £5 a month subscription and the friendlies were all free last year I think.
It didn’t stop me going as I’m just not keen on friendlies but it probably does impact the ticket sales if if becomes a regular thing.

Yes mate. I'm on unlimited and get all games live as well as all the other content. I think the fiver subscription just gets interviews etc then match replays after midnight. I think it's about £25 a month or something can't remember

All of the games ie. home games live? I take it your not based in the UK?

It says you dont get it on the fiver a month package.

Just noticed that.

What an odd way to go. We all know they turn a blind eye to folk using a VPN but here we have them clearly stating the game is available in UK and Ireland - but only to RangersTV Unlimited subscribers. That’s a package for overseas Bears. They will get away with it for this game but not once the competitive actupion starts - they can’t be seen to be encouraging using a VPN I’d suggest.

Last edited:
Just noticed that.

What an odd way to go. We all know they turn a blind eye to folk using a VPN but here we have them clearly stating the game is available in UK and Ireland - but only to RangersTV Unlimited subscribers. That’s a package for overseas Bears. They will get away with it for this game but not ince the competitive actupion starts - they can’t be seen to be encouraging using a VPN I’d suggest.
I don't think they are encouraging that with this mate and it won't be the case when the season starts proper. There will be no broadcast deal in place for friendlies so rangers can sell the match themselves

I got the fiver a month package last Saturday to see the Oxford game.

Looks like my choice is to either stump up a further £12 or wait until midnight

I don't think they are encouraging that with this mate and it won't be the case when the season starts proper. There will be no broadcast deal in place for friendlies so rangers can sell the match themselves

That’s actually what I was trying to say mate. Fine for today but they won’t be advertising competitive games available in the UK with the Unlimited package. This just seems a strange move from them. Usually if the game is available in the UK it’s available to all subscribers - not just the top package.

I got the fiver a month package last Saturday to see the Oxford game.

Looks like my choice is to either stump up a further £12 or wait until midnight
I’ll wait. Booked a holiday this month so £12 to see the first half only is sadly not happening.

That’s actually what I was trying to say mate. Fine for today but they won’t be advertising competitive games available in the UK with the Unlimited package. This just seems a strange move from them. Usually if the game is available in the UK it’s available to all subscribers - not just the top package.
Ah I'm with you now mate. Yeah you're right pricing four friendlies at £48 is highlighting the benefits of the premium package. I guess it's the only way they can really promote it here in the UK.

I don't know how many people subscribe to RTV but I imagine it's a good earner for the club. It's also nice to be able to put some money into the club every month even though attending games is difficult due to my location.

All games mate home and away. I think last year they didn't show Europa league games as bt wouldn't let them but everything else is covered.

I am in the UK but use a Vpn to travel to Holland every Saturday :cool:

If you can't attend games mate it's 100% the next best thing.

I’ve gave up my season ticket this year so I really need to learn how to d
All games mate home and away. I think last year they didn't show Europa league games as bt wouldn't let them but everything else is covered.

I am in the UK but use a Vpn to travel to Holland every Saturday :cool:

If you can't attend games mate it's 100% the next best thing.

Need to learn how to do this then!

Ah I'm with you now mate. Yeah you're right pricing four friendlies at £48 is highlighting the benefits of the premium package. I guess it's the only way they can really promote it here in the UK.

I don't know how many people subscribe to RTV but I imagine it's a good earner for the club. It's also nice to be able to put some money into the club every month even though attending games is difficult due to my location.

Same boat as me mate. Only make it to Ibrox a handful of times a season, if I’m lucky. RangersTV Unlimited package is a Godsend.

2 things have happened here. On the plus side I’ll probably drag my backside through to Glasgow and pay the additional £3 to watch it live.

On the downside, I’ll probably reconsider my subscription to RTV, as I barely use it and most content I do watch is free on YouTube or the highlights on BBC or SPFL channels anyway. Feels a bit galling to be charged the same amount to watch as any random who’s not been subscribing for years, especially at that price.

They're taking the absolute p*ss charging £12 to watch a friendly when you already subscribe monthly.
To be fair, I think the price highlights how good value the £5 monthly package is, none of the friendlies will be on normal tv so if you can avoid the score, you'll end up paying £5 to see at least Oxford live and the other 3 games at midnight

The only reason I subscribe to the fiver one is it generally gets you friendlies.
The content has been really good recently right enough but I don't watch it enough generally. I think I'll be cancelling it

Any idea as to why when you click to pay for it, it says the match is only available to customers outwith the UK and Ireland?

I think this is designed to get people to subscribe to unlimited package. For £17.25 I’ll watch at least 10 games this month (with VPN)

To be fair, I think the price highlights how good value the £5 monthly package is, none of the friendlies will be on normal tv so if you can avoid the score, you'll end up paying £5 to see at least Oxford live and the other 3 games at midnight

That's not the point though. Fans are already paying a fortune at the moment for season tickets and Europa games, I would go to this if it wasnt for paying all that out at the moment. To then ask subscribers for another £12 for a kick about it 100% taking the absolute c*nt

I’ve checked my account and I paid £12 to watch last seasons friendly against Bury so the club is following the same pricing model.

The only Unlimited package I can find is 299 dollars a year which equates to £19.83 a month.

Where this £17.25 option people are talking about? Anyone have a link?

When I click that link the Unlimited options are either 28.5 dollars a month (£22.67) or 299 dollars annually (£19.83 a month). Are others seeing something different?
Ah I see it's the price that's different, I thought you couldn't find a pay monthly option.

I can't remember how much I pay to be honest but maybe the prices have gone up a bit?

The only Unlimited package I can find is 299 dollars a year which equates to £19.83 a month.

Where this £17.25 option people are talking about? Anyone have a link?
When I click that link the Unlimited options are either 28.5 dollars a month (£22.67) or 299 dollars annually (£19.83 a month). Are others seeing something different?

If you click on Buy Now for the monthly package the price that comes up is £17.25 in sterling. Forget the dollars price unless you are paying from an overseas account.

You’re not committing by clicking on Buy Now it simply asks you to login or create an account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back