Martin Bain

Loki

Watching Sunderland till I die and can see Martin Bain is heavily involved and heard in season two he has a cryotherapy chamber only he uses. I was a wee bit too young to know what he did around our club so can someone fill me in with some of his stupidity at rangers?

Watching Sunderland till I die and can see Martin Bain is heavily involved and heard in season two he has a cryotherapy chamber only he uses. I was a wee bit too young to know what he did around our club so can someone fill me in with some of his stupidity at rangers?
Martin Bain loved nobody but himself, he loved the limelight people in his position should be behind the scenes but he couldn't help hog the lime light. He thought he was a celebrity. Sold players for way less than they were worth i.e Arteta, useless lady's front bottom.

Prior to being at Rangers he was a really crap catalog model.

According to some former players when he first became involved with Rangers he was a general dogsbody, he was responsible for cleaning players cars and the like.

To their amazement when they returned years later he had worked his way up to be working alongside the board.

He was typical Murray regime, had no understanding of the fans, wasn't interested in defending the fans when the media were taking pot shots, only came to arms if something was written that would look bad on Murray International Holdings, didn't like employing fans because "they care too much", referred to us as Ibrox FC in an interview once, and generally seemed to like selling our players for about 1/4 of what we would have got for them in the market at the time.

Just to name a few.

According to some former players when he first became involved with Rangers he was a general dogsbody, he was responsible for cleaning players cars and the like.

To their amazement when they returned years later he had worked his way up to be working alongside the board.

He was typical Murray regime, had no understanding of the fans, wasn't interested in defending the fans when the media were taking pot shots, only came to arms if something was written that would look bad on Murray International Holdings, didn't like employing fans because "they care too much", referred to us as Ibrox FC in an interview once, and generally seemed to like selling our players for about 1/4 of what we would have got for them in the market at the time.

Just to name a few.
It’s actually incredible we made it as far as 2012 with him and Murray in charge

He sold Charlie Adam for £400,000 to a club who were desperate to buy him
Charlie moved for 6 million two years later

Sinclair was Murrays puppet just like Doncaster/ Maxwell is Liewells bitch in todays game!

IIRC there was a drive within Scottish football to deal with sectarianism in Scotland whilst Bain was CEO.

His supine approach was part of the problem in enabling our club to be viewed in such an incorrectly negative light in the media.

Bar Steward reaped havoc with both my clubs. Delighted when he left Rangers and had to warn the guys down south when he joined Sunderland. Sadly my fears were founded. In fact he was probably more of a self serving a55hole down there!!

Absolute muppet with an ego. Total disregard for the fans, actually seemed to dislike the fans in went as far as deliberately not employing fans to work for the club

The man who took the blue out of Rangers, an article in the Herald about the beige hospitality suite that Bain had introduced, Club Europe. Replete with references to not emplying Bears, we care too much, and barely concealed contempt that the plebs would buy dog shit if it had a RFC crest on it.

His old man was staunch and Bain was brought up a Rangers fan, 'the proddy wean' he was called by his dad.

His kids support ManU

He flew the flags at Ibrox at half mast when his dad passed.

Walter loves him.

He's exactly what he looks like, I think it was @Paisleyprod that called him Zoolander, he was spot on.

Last edited:
A complete dickhead of a man.

I vaguely remember there was a poster on FF back in the day who never posted other than to defend Bain. I’m convinced Now it was him

With Bain in charge, the transfer strategy when it came to selling players was to always "accept the first offer". Hence why Charlie Adam went for buttons as another poster mentioned.

25th of January 2012 , rejects 7.5 million for jelavic , sells him for 5 million 2 days later.
Edit : Im incorrect he was gone by this point, turns out this lunacy was just whyte

Bain was a puppet who was content doing Murray’s dirty work and getting paid handsomely for it.

Last edited:
He's the guy who's brought in to do the dirty work of his boss. Doesn't care what anyone other than his boss things.

No idea why Walter Smith holds him in such high regard

There's an interview in Spiersy's (I know!) PLG book with the Austria Vienna GM where he says something along the lines of Bain was by the far the easiest negotiator to manipulate and take the piss out of. Guy said he couldn't believe how easy it was to get Bain to keep bidding more and more.

I think he said we ended up paying over 4 times what we originally valued Sebo at, and well over what t Austria Vienna would have happily sold him for.

There's an interview in Spiersy's (I know!) PLG book with the Austria Vienna GM where he says something along the lines of Bain was by the far the easiest negotiator to manipulate and take the piss out of. Guy said he couldn't believe how easy it was to get Bain to keep bidding more and more.

I think he said we ended up paying over 4 times what we originally valued Sebo at, and well over what t Austria Vienna would have happily sold him for.

I'm sure the president of Figueroa's first club, Rosario maybe, said he was the most unprofessional person he'd ever encountered in football.

Just to name a few.
Let's not create fantasy stories. Bain was never at any point washing players cars ffs.

He worked in the commercial department and then became head of commercial. From there he was given a new role which was called head of football business, a role which effectively ousted Campbell Ogilvie, a man who has forgotten more about running a football club than Bain would ever know. Murray then made him Chief Executive and made him carry out the dirty work of effectively firing our whole retail department when he cut the JJB deal. That deal should have been the wake up call to all Rangers supporters about who Murray was and the way he was doing business in relation to Rangers. It was a sign of things to come.

He was an absolute charlatan but he had charm and both Smith and McCoist succumbed to it. Bain was also lucky Smith was working miracles those 3 years and he hung onto the coat tails of that success. Had we not had a winning team on the park he may have been scrutinised further.

Only when The Mint was 'duped' by googly eyes did the penny drop for Bain. He'd been used.

Bain wasn't washing cars himself, but early in his time at Ibrox he arranged for the players cars to be valeted and washed, and if they needed transport, flights, hotels or accommodation etc he arranged, and later he had staff who arranged.

Many people start off low and work their way up through organisations, he was one of them. I heard before that a number of players that came to Rangers did not think much of him.

Back