Martin Bain

He just seemed like a clueless tadger. I literally can’t think of one good thing he did for the club. Wasn’t he the king of selling players at a loss? Liked a sunbed.

Feel free to fill me in on Jimmy Sinclair too please!

An utter C*nt & mentally challenged bastard who drove out a lot of good Rangers people.

Motherwells current Head of youth & first team scout being one of them...

Fair to say the guy has a superb record as well as being one of the biggest Rangers fans i've ever met.

Back in the early-mid 90s when there was a vote at the AGM to confirm his position on the board, I voted against. Although you might have expected a backlash after his ‘customers’ comments I was the only one.

All the things said here are probably true.

However, in the end he did more to defend Rangers than Walter Smith or Ally McCoist.

You’re missing the point again, he had stated he wanted the most qualified person for the job.

Not quite. The original article stated that he wouldn’t employ a Rangers fan in a role that paid over £35k a year and if there were two equally qualified candidates he would always pick the non Rangers fan. Said that fans were too interested in wearing the blazer and tie and swanning up and down the marble staircase. A bit like him ironically.

I did hear, a bit like the Walter anomaly, that his staff thought he was a brilliant boss and enjoyed working for him.

Not quite. The original article stated that he wouldn’t employ a Rangers fan in a role that paid over £35k a year and if there were two equally qualified candidates he would always pick the non Rangers fan. Said that fans were too interested in wearing the blazer and tie and swanning up and down the marble staircase. A bit like him ironically.

I did hear, a bit like the Walter anomaly, that his staff thought he was a brilliant boss and enjoyed working for him.

I genuinely never read the original article.

I can only go with what I heard him say at the AGM, that was he wanted the most qualified person for the job.

Walter Smith ordered him about too. I witnessed it first hand. I think the guy was all flash and no substance. I don't think he was good value for the club

As much to blame as anyone for our club and support being demonised to this day.
Preferred to employ celtc fans over our own to work daily at Ibrox and Auchenhowie.
Should be hung and drawn.

The guy was an arrogant prick, he person ally told the police to "turn the water cannons on" when there was a crush outside a stadium , I think it was Bratislava, so not only was it bad enough being crushed he wanted the rangers fans hit with water cannons !

Anybody remember this idiot with his loud hailer in the pissing rain outside the stadium in Auxerre?

Telling hundreds of our supporters to go home as our 'end' was full and no tickets were available...Auxerre were selling tickets for just €10 iirc.:)

As I've stated, a self centred prick of a man who should have been nowhere near the CEO office at Ibrox.

Watching Sunderland till I die and can see Martin Bain is heavily involved and heard in season two he has a cryotherapy chamber only he uses. I was a wee bit too young to know what he did around our club so can someone fill me in with some of his stupidity at rangers?
He would've been horrified with David Graham's appointment.

Let's not create unfounded allegations. That information came from a former player.
You having trouble sleeping as well?

The way you typed it out sounded like he physically washed players cars. That's what I was saying was fantasy.

Rangers at the time had a car deal with Honda, maybe it was part of his remit to book in valets etc as part of that deal.

He was hardly a dogs body. He had zero contact with players before he became head of football business. Campbell Ogilvie and Sandy Jardine dealt with various player issues outside that of footballing matters, Cars, houses etc.

Wasn't he the maitre' d or wine steward at a Glasgow nightclub that Murray frequented and that's where they first met, as he used to lick Minty's ring piece dry whenever he was in? Seem to remember that being the word on the street back in the day.

Wasn't he the maitre' d or wine steward at a Glasgow nightclub that Murray frequented and that's where they first met, as he used to lick Minty's ring piece dry whenever he was in? Seem to remember that being the word on the street back in the day.
Sounds like a good story, although I am struggling to see Murray in a Glasgow nightclub once let alone frequenting one :)) :D

I'm not buying that he was the only one that used it.

There's always something or someone to blame when things don't go right and he was an easy target.

Sounds like a good story, although I am struggling to see Murray in a Glasgow nightclub once let alone frequenting one :)) :D
I’m sure it was one of Morton’s restaurants/clubs that he worked in. That was the story back then that it was where Minty first came across him.

I don't know what streets you were frequenting back in the day but that's not anywhere near the truth.
Bain worked for Scottish & Newcastle breweries and was their rep at Ibrox when McEwan's sponsored us.

I'm not buying that he was the only one that used it.

There's always something or someone to blame when things don't go right and he was an easy target.

I laughed when the guy came out with that one but I reckon it was definately one for the cameras.

I don't know what streets you were frequenting back in the day but that's not anywhere near the truth.
Bain worked for Scottish & Newcastle breweries and was their rep at Ibrox when McEwan's sponsored us.
The streets of Texas back then mate. Passing on what I was told at the time as like a lot of folk I was asking who the fk is this guy?

Watching Sunderland till I die and can see Martin Bain is heavily involved and heard in season two he has a cryotherapy chamber only he uses. I was a wee bit too young to know what he did around our club so can someone fill me in with some of his stupidity at rangers?
Prior to being our Chief Exec, he modelled suits for Slater Menswear.

25th of January 2012 , rejects 7.5 million for jelavic , sells him for 5 million 2 days later. Bain was a puppet who was content doing Murray’s dirty work and getting paid handsomely for it

I’m sure this was Whyte, and Bain was gone by this point? Could be wrong though.

I’m sure this was Whyte, and Bain was gone by this point? Could be wrong though.
Yeah I meant to edit it sorry. Cause he was still there by the end of 2010/2011 season when whyte took over. I naturally assumed he was still there the following

A wimp and a loser. Egomaniac who had no morals. He looked down on our support and deliberately employed Celtic fans over Rangers fan. He was horrific at his job and cost us many many millions. He swaggered about the corridors trying to bully anybody who let him and suck up to anyone who was worth it.

A real snake.

Someone hit the nail in the head further up the thread - long tongue, sharp elbows and great at sneaking up behind good people.

Bain was an absolute arsepiece. Ex male catalogue model with no track record in business. He was Murray's willing yes man. He was massively out of his depth. Cost us Nick Peel, who was brought in to transform our retail operation. He made an absolute mockery of Le Guen, bringing in 3rd rate players who were either way down on the Frenchman's list of targets or not on his list at all (Sebo in place of Elmander, Jose Karl Piere Fan-Fan et al).

A complete prick of a guy.
This all day long.

World’s worst haggler. Cost us a fortune by undervaluing good players and accepting low offers when the were sold and also paying off shite players when we wanted them of the wage bill.

Also a baldy fake tanned bell end.

The guy was an arrogant prick, he person ally told the police to "turn the water cannons on" when there was a crush outside a stadium , I think it was Bratislava, so not only was it bad enough being crushed he wanted the rangers fans hit with water cannons !

He gave Arthur Numan a new deal then when it came to signing it there was a 75% wage cut tjst hadn't been agreed and be expected Numan to just sign it!

He hated Rangers fans and was all about himself , he loved himself in a narcissistic and dangerous way, he sold players on the cheap all the time , in fact, I believe the whole pay off culture at the club started with him.

Nailed the prick......
Why do so many wankers and chancers get positions at Ibrox......

Walter likes him....? Seriously......water finds it’s own level.

Back