Martin Boyle anyone

A goal or assist every two games in Scotland is not bad, and certainly more productive than Barker. If he was very cheap and we were desperate for options for the bench (given the new sub rule) there are worse out there. I would like to see some potential starters come in first though!

I only ever see highlights of Hibs games unless they're playing us but he usually sticks out as one of their better players. His end product is definitely much better than it used to be aswell.

His game seems to be all about pace on the counter attack though so can't see how he would be any different to Barker, O'Halloran etc.

You’re probably right in terms of wouldn’t be much different to Barker, O’Halloran etc.

However, he does seem to be better infront if goal than these mentioned and also Barker and Jones. But all of these do rely on space to run into and playing on counter which we don’t get the privelege of in the SPFL.

No. He’s like O’halloran with a bit more end product. Is he really any better than Stewart, Jones or Barker? Doubtful.

I've heard him speak about our club a few times and let's just say he's far from complimentary. I'd be extremely surprised if we were interested and even more surprised if he wanted to join.

You’re probably right in terms of wouldn’t be much different to Barker, O’Halloran etc.

However, he does seem to be better infront if goal than these mentioned and also Barker and Jones. But all of these do rely on space to run into and playing on counter which we don’t get the privelege of in the SPFL.
He does seem to have a decent strike on him from what I've seen and is one of the few players I'd have down as a "maybe he could step up" from the rest of the division.

If we moved on Jones and/or Barker and brought him in for less then I wouldn't be against it. I'm still hoping for a major upgrade in the wide positions rather than another punt though.

Would be a significant upgrade on Jones/Barker. If we can make a profit on selling one of them and bringing Boyle in then it’s a move I’d make although would expect him to opt for the tims ahead of us.

Better than Jones but thats not enough.

No thank you. Fair enough having 1 pacey option off the bench, currently that is Barker. If Jones & BB left then maybe. Until then, nope.

I am sure he was meant to be going to Celtic previously ... not for me he’s another pace merchant without the football brain to go with it - ie Barker / Jones

would suit a counter attacking side as he’s certainly quick - injury record would also be a concern.

a no from me.

keep all our dough for 1st team starters only, barker can do what boyle can anyway if he keeps up his pre season form, we can't afford to waste money on squad fillers

He’s done well for them and for Australia but I’m not seeing anything there that’s better than what we have.

To give a bit of context, I know they are different positions but him and Greg Docherty were their top players last season, kind on a par with each other in terms of level. Neither should be near our squad (unfortunately for wee Doc).

No doubt one of the better players in the league out with us and the tramps but no good enough for us.

As someone said above I can see them signing him and ultimately going back to hibs

Much like Mulumbu from Kilmarnock.

If Boyle is better than the youngsters we have as a squad option then we have serious questions to ask of our youth development people.

I think he's a decent player, for that price we could do a lot worse. Squad depth could be mightily important this year.

See the people saying he’s shite how many times have they watched him??
Hibs fan at work rates him very highly,the same guy who was pissing himself we got Kambreri.

Playing in EL last 16 this week and discussing Martin Boyle as a potential signing target. We need to be aiming way higher than that.

Latest posts

Back