Martin Boyle to Saudi

I'd be on the 2-hour flight to Dubai for a good swally whenever there's downtime in the league. That said, Boyle strikes me as the clean shirt type who would be happily stuck in a luxury hotel playing FIFA for 3 years.

Last edited:
Its usually people who’ll never get the opportunity bashing those who go to Saudi.

Can guarantee your views would be different if offered a 10x pay rise and tax free.

It’s also a much nicer place than most in the West assume.
I always think that’s probably the case but upon a quick Google Map search of Harmah, it looks like it’s in the middle of nowhere.

Fair does to Boyle though. We’d all do the same.

I'd be on the 2-hour flight to Dubai for a good swally whenever there's downtime in the league. That said, Boyle strikes me as the clean shirt type who would be happily stuck in a luxury hotel playing FIFA for 3 years.
Boy a know lives and works out there been out there good few year now and they can get drink no problem, not bars but they can get it to drink from a local place that makes it

Did that Celtic keeper from last season play over there ?
Just asking because he played like someone had chopped his hands off:)

Saudi Arabia is actually a decent place to live if you’re willing to play their game.

Some reports are saying it’s nearly £30k a week tax free, so you can almost double that for an equivalent wage here.

Whatever it is, he will walk away from this deal with millions in the bank by the time you take into account a signing on fee and the ridiculous wages.

He will never need to work again if he plays it right. As it stands he won’t be a particularly wealthy guy. He certainly won’t have enough to not work after his playing days. Now he will.

Boyle aside, you have to say Hibs have done superbly if this deal has indeed concluded.

Bought him for buttons, had many years good service and have sold him for a colossal profit after knocking back initial bids. Im no fan of the club but its a good example of big balls in the transfer market and the rewards for those who make a hard deal.

Great money, who can blame him. Yes it’s not the most glamorous country to live in, but stick it out a couple of years and it will be worth it.

You’ve got to jump at the chance in Martin Boyle’s position.

As for the Saudi’s they probably could have got a better player for £3m and the wages they’re giving him.

He was going to transfer last year but his wife wanted to drive.

Of course it's easy (for most of us) to say that anyone working is legitimising the government and system. I have a job that is not really transferable out of the UK.
So I can say that I wouldn't work there for all the tea in China.
Mind you if you've got the right job you can kill and rape in both countries legally.

In all fairness he is getting to stage in his career where a good payday cannot blame hin, personally i am glad because there was talk of him being linked with them so that's a bonus, he was a thorn in our side when playing hibs
Is there a rough ball part figure for what he might be earning over there.

Three years in Saudi and then rolls back here with £3m in his pocket at the age of 31 and goes to the filth on a freebie before ending his career back at Hibs.

Easy choice for a plodder.
He will have more than that I would think as he won’t have much to spend as he will be in a club tent club camel and his own private beach as far as his eyes can see

Thing is, it’s easy to say that when you aren’t being offered life changing sums of money to go.

Can’t blame him in the slightest. It’s not like he will be living in a hut and wiping his arse with his hand.
I got offered the chance to double my wage to go to Oman. Tax free.

Hardly life changing though

My sister in law and husband lived there for 6 years. She’s a GP and he’s a lecturer. Moved back in October and could pay for a million £ house in Oxfordshire in cash. Set up for life.

Does he still play for Australia? Easier for him in the same conference.

Back